Two weeks later

Beyonce sat on the clinic bed as she waited on the results from her doctor. For weeks now, she'd been feeling queasy, and just not herself. She lost weight from lack of eating. Practically every morning, she would wake up with a headache and the urge to vomit. This wasn't like her to just all of a sudden wake up with some stomach virus. Well at least what she thought. And the meanest attitude she ever had.

She quickly looked up to gaze at her doctor. She entered the room with a folder in her hand. "Well Miss Knowles..." she took a seat on a stool in front of her. "First, let me ask...when was the last time you've had intercourse?"

"Ummm..." she bit the bottom of her lip as she thought hard about the question. She knew when was the last time she had sex. She was just a little embarrassed to answer the question, being that the person was someone she refused to talk about. "Probably 'bout a month ago. Actually, a little over a month. A month and two weeks would be exact."

"Okay." she nodded, taking another glimpse at the folder in front of her.

"And you say your symptoms were a headache; nausea; stomach pains; and very bad mood swings?" she nodded timidly.

"Yes, ma'am. Also, I've been sleeping a lot lately. Whenever I have the chance. I dunno what it is. I'm not sure whether it's a virus, because it's not flu season. Unless it's just starting to..."

"Miss Knowles..." she hesitated. "What if I told you, you have all of the symptoms of a pregnant woman?" her eyes lit up. She wasn't quite sure how to answer the question, because that was the LAST thing on her mind.

"Well...I would probably say that you're lying. Haha." she smiled slyly.

"Well, sorry to tell you hun, but you're pregnant. You're six weeks along." her heart instantly dropped. "We tested your pee sample, and you had all of the hcg..."

"No, um...wait a minute." she scratched her forehead in thought. "Are you sure? Maybe you've gotten it mixed up with someone else's..."

"I'm positive. Now, would you like to schedule another appointment for..."

"No, no. Wait, wait. Please..." she ran her fingers through her hair. For one, she thought she was dreaming because it all seemed surreal to her. How could she have been pregnant? Then again, it wasn't like she used protection. And who could've been the father? Well, it had to be no other than the last person she slept with. Her eyes shot wide open in disbelief. "Oh my god." she covered her mouth in a state of shock. "No. God no, please...please tell me this is all a joke. Just one...joke. Please." she shook her head.

"I'm afraid not. Look, Miss Knowles..."

"I can't. I can't be pregnant. I just can't." her eyes slowly filled up with solution. "You don't understand how bad this will affect me. I'm not even with the father. He's engaged to this...phony bitch I hate and...it just..." she sniffled inaudibly. "It won't work. Please Doctor Mills, I can't have this baby right now."

"Have you spoken to the father about this?"

"NO! That's the problem. We are NOT together. He's with this woman he's engaged to and..." she paused, letting her emotions completely take control of her. "Oh god." she covered her face with her palms, releasing all of what was bottled up inside her.

"Miss Knowles..." Doctor Mills called, standing to her feet. "Miss Knowles, I assure you, everything's gonna be fine. Try to relax and..."

"You don't understand." she sniffled profoundly. "My whole life is over. Everyone is gonna look at me and...call me a slut for sleeping with a married man."

"But I thought you said he was engaged?"

"I can't do this." she stood to her feet. "I can't take this anymore. I have to go." she collected her belongings, quickly making her way towards the door.

"Miss Knowles, will you like to come in some other time...when things have gotten better for you?" she pulled the door open and exited the room.
____________

Hours later, Beyonce decided to relax her nerves by taking a warm bubble bath. She laid in the water with her eyes shut and thoughts running through her mind. What was she going to do? Was she really pregnant? Was she actually going to be a mother? Or was she going to have an abortion? It was too hard for her to think straight right now. She needed some guidance and support from someone who'd been through it all. Someone like her mother.

She dialed a familiar number on her cordless phone and held the device to her ear as she waited on a response. Finally, someone picked up. "Hello?" she hesitated to reply.

"Mom? Um...ahem." she cleared the lump in her throat.

"Beyonce? Hey, sweetie! How are you?"

"I'm fine." the truth was that she felt the total opposite of fine. "How are you?"

"All right, I guess. Just stepped out of the kitchen. Ever since your father retired, he's been keeping me busy. He wants a full coarse meal everyday." she chuckled softly. "The things you do for love. So what about you. How are things down there?" she inhaled sharply.

"I guess everything's okay."

"What do you mean you guess? When will you ever be sure about things? How was the tour? I heard you guys did great. Can't wait 'til they bring it out on DVD."

"Everything went smooth, ma'. The total opposite of how I imagined it. But..." she paused.

"You sure you okay? It sounds like something's bothering you. Wanna talk about it?" her bottom lip trembled with emotions. "Come on. Tell momma what's bothering you."

"I feel...like a complete slut." the tears slowly fell down her cheeks.

"Now you shouldn't be feeling that way. What's wrong?" she sniffled, noticeable for her to hear.

"What if I told you that..." sniffle. "...I slept with a guy who was already engaged to someone?"

"Okay, and who is this guy you're referring to?"

"Well..." she wiped the tears from her eyes. "...he was on tour with me. We knew each other for a while. We just weren't too close. Then one night...it just happened." sniffle. "AND it was planned, which was the bad thing about it."

"What are we REALLY talking about here? It kinda seems like you're leaving something out." she closed her eyes, debating on whether to tell her what was really on her mind. Why was it so hard to tell her? This was her mom for Christ sake. The woman she love and can trust.

"All right, I'm just gonna spit it out and...it's up to you -- how you take it." she paused, releasing a soft sigh. "For the past month, I've been having stomach pains. I would wake up with the urge to throw up. Some days I would and some days I won't. But I would feel very nauseated. Can't eat anything. Like the other day, Kelly and I went to McDonald's for lunch. And I swear, before I got there I was so hungry. My stomach was growling and everything, and as soon as I got to the ordering window, my whole appetite just changed. It was like I was never hungry. And just the smell of food would make me sick to my stomach. It's so horrible, mom. But any way, to make a long story short...I went to the doctor's office today, hoping that the results turned out to be a bug or something, but it was the total opposite. As of today, I'm six weeks pregnant. And you would never guess who's the father."

"Oh my lord. You're pregnant? I knew that dream about fishing was trying to tell me something."

"Yeah." she sniffled inaudibly. "I'm stuck. I dunno what to do. I was hoping you could give me some pointers on what I should do. I'm not sure whether I should have an abortion or..."

"No. Are you insane? Why kill an innocent baby? And besides, it's not like you can't afford to take care of the baby. You are financially stable, and..."

"It's not all about that, ma'. Did I tell you the father is engaged?"

"Well...okay, yeah but...that still doesn't mean you should have an abortion. If the father doesn't want to have any part of being in the baby's life, then put him on child support. Simple as that. But don't have an abortion. Trust me, you're gonna regret it in the end."

"Well what should I do? I mean, I don't want my daughter or son to be without a father. And..."

"Have you discussed this with the guy you..."

"No. I haven't."

"Okay, so how will you know IF he's gonna be there or not. You have to discuss this with him. See how he takes it. Hopefully he will agree to help you since he was apart of it. It takes two to tango." she chuckled faintly. "By the way, who is this mysterious man? He must've been a pro since you forgot to tell him to wear protection."

"I told you, we were on tour together."

"A name, please. It wasn't perhaps, Justin? Now was it?"

"Oh boy." she sighed heavily.

The following day (11:32 a.m.)

Justin sat at the bar sipping on a cup of coffee and reading the daily news. It was almost noon, and he was still in his boxers. After reading in article in the sports section, he decided to flip the page and there he was. Him and Beyonce. And the heading read, Biggest tour of the year! "Hmm." he began scanning the paragraphs carefully.

The sound of a doorbell broke his attention. "Damn." he stood to his feet, quickly ambling towards the two doubles doors. "If I gave you diamonds and pearllllsssss..." he song, slowly twisting the knob and yanking the door open. "Would you..." he trailed off, realizing who it was. "Beyonce? Shit um, give me a minute." he closed the door, quickly throwing on a robe over his half naked figure. She remained on the porch, waiting for his arrival. "Hey um..." he stepped out on the porch, closing the door behind him. "Wh...what's going on? I wasn't expecting you."

"I know. Sorry to show up with short notice. I um, I was hoping we could talk." he nodded meekly.

"That would be great, but...I sorta have company. If you called, I could've agreed to meet you somewhere and..."

"No it's fine. This won't take long. Just something you need to know. Something...you're a part of." he scrutinized her face closely. She seemed a little worried to him.

"Okay." he stood there, waiting patiently for a response from her.

"I um...all right um..." she sighed deeply. "When we had sex, we didn't use protection, right?" he bit the bottom of his lip interesting.

"I believe that's correct."

"Okay and um...you came inside me, right?" he flashed her an hilarious look.

"We both know the answer to that. Why? You wanna have my baby?" he spoke in a teasing matter.

"Justin...I'm not trying to be hilarious, okay? This is serious." his smile slowly faded.

"Okay. What is this about?" she fiddled with her fingers nervously. Why all of a sudden, it was so hard for her to tell him? Why did she feel like the whole thing was her fault?

"I'm pregnant." his heart skipped a beat. Why was she telling him this? There HAD to be a reason why she came all the way to his house to tell him that she was pregnant. "And it's yours." he remained silent, not sure how to respond. "I thought I should come tell you in person. That way, you wouldn't have a phone to hang up."

"Are...we sure that this baby is mine?" she rolled her eyes.

"Look, I have bigger and better things to do besides lying about ME being pregnant and about YOU being the father. I know you're the father, okay? You were the LAST person I've slept with."

"Aight, aight." he looked over his shoulder to make sure no one was around. "What do you want me to do?"

"All I need to know is if you're gonna be there as a father. If not, then I will completely understand. We'll just have to take things to the next level."

"Relax, will ya'? I didn't say I wasn't gonna be there. It was MY responsibility too. You didn't MAKE yourself pregnant, aight?" she crossed her arms over her chest. "I just...I need some time to think. This is like a BIG surprise to me. I never expected this to happen."

"Same here." he locked eyes with hers. "Well um, I guess I should be going. I don't wanna...keep you out too long. I just thought you should know." she turned, heading towards her car.

"Wait." he jogged up behind her. "I was wondering..." she turned to face him. "...where does this leave us? Are we gonna be...two separate parents taking care of this child? I mean..."

"I believe so. Since you're engaged." she sat in her car and closed the door.

"What if I changed my mind? You know, about the whole...getting married situation." she conveyed the car to life. "Can we be united parents taking care of our responsibility?" she slipped on her futuristic shades.

"Who are you fooling? We all know you're too in love and just too blind to EVER break up with Britney. She's your life. Without her, you're nobody." she put the car in reverse, quickly pulling out of the drive way. He watched as she sped off, never looking back.

Was this true? Did he actually feel that way about Britney? Well it was only ONE way to find out.

He had to end it with Britney.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story