Later that day around 8 pm...

Justin sat in the waiting room, thoughts wandering his mind. He had been waiting for the doctor since three thirty and all he could think about was Tiffani and if she was okay. He stood up, pacing back and forth, chewing on his finger nails. Words couldn't express how miserable he was. And it was all because of Karen. Why couldn't she let her live her on life? Was it that hard to let her go?

"Mister Timberlake?" he quickly looked up, meeting eyes with an older guy in all white.

"Yes?" his heart skipped a beat when he noticed the look plastered on the doctor's face. Was this a good or bad sign?

"What is your relationship to Miss Moore?"

"I'm her boyfriend." he scrutinized the sheet of paper he held in his hand. "Why? Is she okay?" he asked, not realizing that he was biting on his finger.

"Um..." he hesitated. "Well we just removed the bullet. It passed her liver by an inch." he stood there with a depressed look on his face.

"Okay, so? Is that a good or bad thing?" he crossed his arms over his chest, waiting for an answer.

"Yeah. She was lucky. But um, there is something I can say. She is a very strong woman." hearing that put a smile on his face. "She's up and...chatting away. Would you like to see her?" his eyes lit up.

"Oh...yeah. Of coarse." he followed the doctor down the hall. The closer they had gotten to the room, the more anxious he was to see her.

"Here is the room. Only one visitor at a time." he stepped aside, allowing him to enter the room. He stood there, gazing at Tiffani who laid in bed sleeping peacefully. After examining her, he decided to pull out a chair and take a seat beside her.

He reached out, grasping her hand in his. This startled her a bit. "No." she yanked her arm away, quickly gawking his direction with a petrified look on her face.

"Relax. It's me." she slowly begin to calm down. "Are you okay?" she licked her lips, slowly looking away. "I was worried about you. I thought...you were gonna leave me." he gripped her hand firmly.

"I made a promise." she spoke softly. He could feel his eyes water up with tears, because he was so relieved that she had made it.

"I love you and...I admire you for being so strong. I've never met a woman so tough as you." she laid there, keeping tacit. "There something I need to ask you." she leisurely gawked to the side to stare at him. "You know that I love you with all my heart and...that I can't be without you. I can't see myself without you. And if you died on me..." he hesitated. "...I would've went back for Karen. I would've killed her. God is my witness. She wouldn't have gotten away with it. And she WON'T get away with doing this to you." she peered deeply in his heated eyes. "I would like to know if you..." he took a deep breath. "Will you marry me?" her eyebrows raised surprisingly.

"Excuse me?"

"I...didn't realize it 'til today when I saw you laying there..." he trailed off. "I thought I was gonna loose you and you know what they say. You don't realize how good you have it 'til it's gone." he cleared his throat. "I then realized that I couldn't see myself without you. And that's when I knew what I had to do and...what I wanted to do." a tear escaped her eye. "I wanna marry you." a smiled leisurely formed across her lips.

"I wanna marry you too." he smiled massively.

"I love you." he slowly met lips with hers.

"Justin?" he looked away, gazing at Randall who stood in the doorway.

"Dad? Um..." he gazed at Tiffani. "I'll be back." he stood up, approaching him. "What's up?" he followed him outside where they both took a seat on a nearby bench.

"I tried looking for Karen, but she was nowhere to be found." he held a confused look.

"What do you mean? Did you check her house? She has to be close by. Especially since Tiff is here." he shook his head.

"She wasn't there. Unless she's trying to avoid us. I um...sent the cops out. They're checking the city now, so..." he intertwined his fingers together. "Is she okay?" he quickly nodded.

"Yeah. Thank God." he chuckled softly. "Um...thanks. I really appreciate you going out of your way to do this for me."

"No problem. Besides, I know how much she means to you. She's different, isn't she?" he nodded.

"VERY different. I never thought it was possible to find someone like her. She's the best thing that ever happened to me, and I just don't understand how someone could do this to her. Why would she abuse her and treat her that way?" Just talking about Karen made him more upset. "If I see her again..." he trailed off, immediately gazing at a familiar woman heading their direction with a bouquet of flowers in one hand and her purse in the other. "What the..." Randall looked away, realizing what he was staring at. "Fucking bitch!" he shot up, quickly charging for her. "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING HERE?!" he grabbed her neck, slamming her into the wall.

"Justin?" Randall quickly grabbed a hold to him.

"Fucking bitch. HOW COULD YOU SHOOT YOUR OWN DAUGHTER AND THEN HAVE THE NERVE TO SHOW UP AT THE HOSPITAL...WITH FLOWERS!"

"Justin..." Randall forcefully pulled him off her. "Get a grip of yourself." he shrugged him off him. "What are you doing here, Karen?"

"I came to see my daughter."

"Oh no." Justin shook his head. "That's not happening. I won't allow it, so you know what you can do? You can take these flowers..." he snatched the flowers from her. "...and shove it up your ass!" he heaved them at her.

"Justin..." Randall gripped his arm, tugging him away from her. "You're acting insane."

"The hell I am. DO YOU EVEN REMEMBER WHAT SHE DID?! SHE SHOT MY GIRLFRIEND!" he shouted. "SHE TRIED TO KILL MY..." he pointed to himself. "...FIANC… AND SHE DESERVES TO DIE! YOU HEAR ME?! YOU DESERVE TO DIE! YOU DESERVE TO ROT IN HELL FOR WHAT YOU DID AND I WILL SEE TO IT THAT IT HAPPENS! YOU WON'T GET AWAY WITH WHAT YOU'VE DONE! YOU HEAR ME, BITCH?! EVEN IF I HAVE TO KILL YOU MYSELF! I WILL MAKE YOU WISH YOU WERE NEVER EVEN BORN! I WILL KILL YOUR ASS! YOU FUCKING WHORE!"

"Justin?!" Randall shouted.

"STANK ASS BITCH! WHY DON'T YOU HIT ME! HIT MEEEEE!!!" Karen stood there in shock. "I WILL BEAT SOME SENSE INTO YOUR ASS! YOU FUCKING DEVIL! LEAVE! GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE!" he shouted with tears in his eyes.

"All right. I think that's enough." Randall assured. He took a seat on the bench and held his head down. All he could do was sit there and cry. Cry because he was so angry and sad all together. He was pissed because he wanted to get revenge, and he knew he couldn't. And all he could think about was Tiffani and being with her. He knew that it would've been impossible if he was locked up in prison somewhere for murdering someone.

"Oh god." he sighed heavily, forcing his emotions in.

"I think you should leave." Randall spoke to her. "You don't wanna make things worse than they are."

"Are you kidding me? She already made things worse. When she showed up on school grounds and shot her own daughter, she sparked the flames then. Crazy ass bitch." he spoke with a passion. "If I could kill her and get away with it, I would without hesitation." he balled his fists up. "You better get her away from me before I kick her ass. That thing right there is not a woman. That's the devil." he stood up and entered the room where Tiffani remained.

"Is everything okay? I thought I heard yelling." he took his seat."

"Um..." he smiled sweetly. "Yeah everything is fine. There was just a lil' mix up. The nurse made an itty witty mistake with one of the patients out there." she smiled slyly.

"Oh..."
____________

A week later (2:23 pm)

Tiffani had been in the hospital recovering for a week and there was not one day Justin missed going to visit her. He stayed all night and day catering to her needs.

An hour earlier, they had finally released her. Justin helped her in bed, covering her with the blanket. "Do you need anything? Any...medicine for the pain?" she shook her head.

"No. I'm fine." she forcefully scooted up further on the bed. "Mmm. A glass of water would be nice."

"Okay. Be right back." he departed the room. The sound of a telephone startled her. She quickly looked away, gazing at the phone that sat on the stand beside the bed. She slid over, cautiously grabbing it and turning it on.

"Ahem. H...hello?"

"This isn't the end. I won't stop until you are dead. You hear me? I will send you to your grave."

"Fuck you." she spat out. "You can go to hell for all I care. How could you...do this to me?" her voice cracked from the tears taking over her. "Did you ever love me? Why couldn't you have gotten an abortion? Instead, you'd rather make me suffer." tears ran down her face nonstop. "And 'til this day, I ask myself what did I ever do to get treated this way? I'm starting to think it was all to do with jealousy. You were jealous that I found someone who actually loved me. And not just wanted me for sex. And all those other times I've been abused, it was because you weren't happy with yourself. You weren't happy with how things were going. So you thought it would be okay to take it out on me. Your daughter. Someone who loved you. I...loved you mother, and it sickens me because you don't feel the same way for me. You'd rather see me discontented and degraded like you." she cried. "You will pay for this. I can guarantee that." Justin stood in the doorway listening to her conversation with Karen. "No one gets away with treating their children like shit. No one." she turned the phone off, hanging up on her.

"Wow." she quickly looked away, watching as Justin approached her with a glass of water in his hand. "That was magnificent." he took a seat beside her, carefully sitting the glass down. "How did that make you feel?" she shrugged her shoulders.

"I guess you can say great. I feel so much better now. So free." he reached out, brushing a few strains of hair out of her face and behind her ear.

"I'm glad to hear that." he leaned in, pecking her on the lips. "Try to get some rest. I'll be downstairs if you need me." he stood up, immediately feeling a hand grasp his arm.

"I need you now." a smirk leisurely formed across his lips.

"What the heck." he climbed on bed beside her, vigilantly wrapping his arm around her. "Sleepy time." she laughed faintly.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story