Author's Chapter Notes:
Just a short story. ENJOY! Ps- comments are your friends!

I don’t mind it. I don’t mind at all
It’s like you’re the swing set
And I’m the kid that falls
It’s like the way we fight
The times I’ve cried
We come to blows
And every night
The passion’s there
So it’s got to be right
Right?

We met one random night when we both had run out to get milk, we started off as friends but quickly started to become more. I think we grew too fast, things were done and left unsaid and other words were dropped out loud way too fast for comfort, even if they were real.

 

No I don’t believe you
When you say don’t come around here no more
I won’t remind you
You said we wouldn’t be apart
No I don’t believe you
When you say you don’t need me anymore
So don’t pretend to
Not love me at all

I remember the day I told him not show up at my door anymore. I didn’t quiet know why I told him to stay away maybe, I was scared of what we really were, of maybe the possibility of us falling apart.

“What do you mean you don’t want to see me anymore,” JC said.

“Just what I said, were not gonna work out and you know that,” I told him and saw him cross his arms and lean against my island in the middle of the kitchen, “I don’t believe you,” he told me looking me square in the eye daring me to look away.

“What is there to believe JC I told you what I think is right what I think is,” I didn’t quiet get the rest of my reasoning out when he took the two steps we had apart and captured my lips in his cutting me off and I tired to fight him but he held on to my waist as he deepened the kiss but before he did he whispered against my lips, “Let go Janie just let go.”

I don’t mind it
I still don’t mind at all
It’s like one of those bad dreams
When you can’t wake up
It looks like you’ve given up
You’ve had enough
But I want more
No I won't stop
Because I just know
You’ll come around, Right?

I had pulled away from him the moment after he told me to do so, I looked at him as he looked at me, his eyes begging me to as he told me to let go. This wasn’t how it was suppose to be my mind reasoned, I was suppose to meet this boy and through time get to know him and fall in love, not this it wasn’t that, this couldn’t last. I remember the moment I just said go and he listened he shook his head and said , “I still don’t believe you.” The last thing I heard from his lips as he turned and left my apartment and my life.

No I don’t believe you
When you say don’t come around here no more
I won’t remind you
You said we wouldn’t be apart
No I don’t believe you
When you say you don’t need me anymore
So don’t pretend to
Not love me at all

My weeks went on like any other time, it was like before I even met him again, but some how I felt like maybe I forgot to do something every day and maybe I did. Maybe I forgot to fall.

Just don’t stand there and watch me fall
Because I, because I still don’t mind at all

I don’t know how much time had passed between me and him that day I told him to leave but one night after work, I drove home. I guess being exhausted is why instead of ending up at my apartment I stopped my car and looked out my window seeing his house stare at me in the face. I was about to start my car up again realizing my mistake when I saw him step out on the porch and look towards me.

It’s like the way we fight
The times I’ve cried
We come to blows
And every night
The passion's there
So it’s got to be right,
Right?

Biting my lip as I got out of the car I walked towards him slowly as his face never changed as he watched me take the steps and come eye to eye with him. We stared at one another and at the moment I felt the single drop of rain on my head before the sky opened up and poured down on us. Looking up at the sky that I hadn’t notice turn gray I felt his hand on my cheek and I looked down at him and I felt my own tears mix with the rain drops on my face as I saw his eyes lock with mine. I felt him wipe them way with his thumb as he softly smiled.

No I don’t believe you
When you say don’t come around here no more
I won’t remind you
You said we wouldn’t be apart
No I don’t believe you
When you say you don’t need me anymore
So don’t pretend to

Not love me at all

Feeling his free hand grasp mine he pulled me to him, “I told you I didn’t believe you,” he smiled making me smile softly. I placed my free hand on the one that still held my cheek and pulled it from my face and held it in my hand.

I went to open my mouth to say something, of what I didn’t know but I don’t think it mattered because at that moment he let go of my hands but wrapped his around my waist and his lips came crashing on to mine, and I finally did what he asked. I finally let go and as he pulled me inside to get away from the rain he never broke the kiss or his hold on me, or my heart.

And I guess he wasn’t the only who knew.

I don’t believe you

 

 

 

 

 


Completed
wittylyricst27 is the author of 18 other stories.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story