Christy’s POV:

"I’m sorry, I won’t upset her again." Justin said softly.

I tried to stop the tears that were falling down my cheeks. Why couldn’t he understand that I don’t want to talk about how miserable I made him and how happy Cameron makes him. Why couldn’t he understand that.

"I’m sorry Christy, I didn’t mean to upset you."

"Can you please just not talk."

"Come on Chris, can’t we be adults?"

"Where is the love of your life?"

"Christ don’t please. I sent Cam home."

"Oh well let’s give you a medal."

"Chris, I’m sorry I hurt you. I’m sorry that you’re miserable. But I couldn’t keep doing that to myself."

"Oh but you’re not miserable with Miss Hollywood are you? How much older than you is she again?"

"Come on Chris, she’s around more than you were."

"Because after you ripped my heart out and danced on it, you took a break."

"Chris, I’m happy, can’t you be happy for that?"

"Oh I’m thrilled, just so you know, my children will not be around that woman. If you want to see them that’s fine, but she will not see my children."

"Christy she’s my girlfriend."

"I don’t care, these are my CHILDREN!"

"We’ll talk about this later." He said, as he stood and walked to the window.

The doctor walked in and sat down in the chair Justin had been in.

"How are you Miss Woodward?" he asked.

"Not the best." I replied.

"Who is he?"

"My name is Justin Timberlake, I’m the father." Justin replied, turning around.

"My name is Doctor Micheals, I’m in charge of this case."

"Are the babies okay?"

"Right now they are fine, but I’m putting Christy on bed rest for now. She can go home if she lives in LA or she can stay here."

"I don’t live in LA, I’m only here for the Grammy’s."

"I live here." Justin said.

"Well she can stay with you then."

"I’d rather stay here then."

"Chris, you don’t want to stay here."

"I’d rather stay here than with you and the love of your life."

"Chris would you please just let that go okay, I know you hate me."

"Christy, normally I would go with your wishes, but right now we have some infections that are spreading through the hospital, I think it would be safer for you to go with Justin to his house, it would give you the best chance at keeping the babies in for as long as possible."

"I thought that I wasn’t supposed to be under stress."

"You’re not, so Mr. Timberlake, you need to make it as stress free as possible."

"I can do that."

"No he can’t. I’d rather stay here and risk infection."

"You’re going to be that selfish? You’re going to put our children at risk so you don’t have to stay at my house?"

"You’re going to call me selfish?"

"This is not keeping things stress free." Dr. Micheals said.

"I’m sorry, but she’s pushing buttons."

"Well if you’re going to be able to make things as best as possible for your children, you need to ignore that."

"I will from now on."

"Okay, I’m going to be sending her with a monitor that will take the heart beats and send them to me. She needs to stay off her feet as much as possible."

"I will make sure that she rests."

"Okay, I’m going to keep her here over night and then release her tomorrow."

"Okay."

"You don’t have to talk like I’m not here." I spat.

"Christy, do you really want what’s best for your children?" Dr.Micheals asked.

"Of course, why would you ask that?"

"Because right now it seems like you’re more worried about yourself and arguing with Mr. Timberlake, than you are about doing what’s best for your babies."

"Yeah and he’s doing what’s best for my kids." I replied.

"He’s trying to do what’s best Christy, you might not think so, but I can see that he’s truly worried about the babies."

"Which is funny since he didn’t even know about them before tonight."

"Because you ran away and didn’t tell me."

"You broke up with me."

"Because we were both miserable."

"You were so miserable that you moved on and found the love of your life."

"I’m sorry that you’re hurt, but I couldn’t stand being away from you anymore like that, and there wasn’t anything you were gonna do to change it, and I’ve burned myself out being the only one trying to make a relationship work, it’s not like you cared if we were together or not. You didn’t have time for me." Justin said, walking towards the door. "I’ll be back in the morning to get her Doc."

I watched as Justin walked out, letting the door slam behind him.

What the hell did he mean it’s not like I cared if we were together. It broke my heart when he broke up with me. I never wanted that. I wanted to be with him.

"Well did that accomplish what you wanted it too?"Dr. Micheals asked.

"What do you mean?"

"You’ve been trying to make him leave since he walked in the door and that’s what you just made happen."

"Why does he get to be happy when I’m miserable? I never wanted him to break up with me."

"Well from what he just said, it kinda sounds like he didn’t think that you wanted to be with him in the first place." He replied, before turning and walking out.

Justin’s POV:

I walked into the hospital ready to battle whatever she was going to throw at me. I don’t want to fight with her and I won’t put her under any more stress than she’s already under. I do care about my children and want for them to be healthy. I knocked and pushed the door open walking in and seeing her sitting on the side of the bed.

"Good Morning."

"Good Morning, can we talk?" she asked.

"That depends what you want to talk about."

"I want to talk about what happened between us."

"No. I want you to be stress free and I want what’s best for our children."

"I know, I want that to, I really do. But I need to talk about this and clear this up."

"Christy, I don’t want to cause stress."

"Please Justin. I’m sorry that I was such a bitch yesterday. It just kills me to see you happy and know that you thought that I didn’t care if we were together, but that’s not true Justin. I love you. I’ve never stopped. I didn’t want to lose you and that’s what happened. I’m so sorry that you thought I didn’t want you, I do want you."

"Christy just because I broke up with you doesn’t mean that I don’t love you or want you either, because I do, but I just couldn’t spend more time away from you than I spent with you. I know that I should have taken time off before to spend with you, but at that point I really thought that you didn’t even want to be with me anymore."

"I’m sorry that you thought that Justin, that couldn’t be farther from the truth."

"Yeah. I’m sorry I didn’t know that either, but right now this doesn’t change things, I think we need to work on being friends and taking care of our babies." I said my heart breaking as I did so.

I would love nothing more than to say screw it and take her back, but I’m with Cameron right now, and I do love her. Do I love her like I love Christy I don’t know? But know that I need to give her a chance. Right now the most important thing is Christy and I getting a friendship going and taking care of our kids, if it’s meant to be it will be.

"Let’s go." She said as tears filled her eyes.

"Don’t cry Chris."

"I’m trying not to." She said, as her tears slid down her cheeks.

I wrapped my arms around her, holding her tightly, "I do love you ChristyAnna, but right now it’s more important that we get a friendship going so that we can take care of these kids, they are relying on us. I will never stop loving you Chris, and I really would like to say fuck it and take you back, but I can’t do that right now. I know you don’t like Cam, but I have to give her a chance. But giving her a chance doesn’t mean that I don’t still love you Chris, if we’re meant to be, we will be." I said, pulling back and kissing her lips softly.

Chapter End Notes:
Please let me know what you think!!!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story