Author's Chapter Notes:
i apologize for any spelling/grammar errors. i kind of rushed the editing process on this one, just because i was a little anxious to get it posted. anyway...enjoy!

"Madison Fox and Justin Timberlake. Two names most people wouldn't throw together even in a paragraph. She's a hard-partying rock star. He's the womanizing king of pop. She had to bite and claw her way to the top, becoming a virtual overnight sensation. He danced his way into the hearts of teenage girls world wide.    

The oil and water of Hollywood.    

Somehow, these two managed to find each other in a world where relationships are used to get a leg up. The word love is used loosely in the entertainment industry. It's a product, but these two could be the real deal.    

Even a blind man can see the blazing chemistry between the two. They may be worlds apart, but their personalities compliment each other beautifully. Fox is loud and silly, where Timberlake is quiet and reserved. She will speak her mind with no hesitation, while he puts serious thought into each word.     

He's a southern boy. She's a city girl.    

The couple remain vague on the details of their courtship, but talk about married life with all the excitement of a child on Christmas morning.     

"We work at it, you know?" Timberlake says of his relationship with his wife. "It's not easy, but we do what we can, and we actually enjoy it."    

Timberlake makes no bones about the fact that he's an incredibly private guy. Which, may actually be what drives the media to pursue him more aggressively. Fox is well known for being an open book as far as her life goes. She lays it all out there, you can take her as she is, or leave her.     

For a couple who weren't even known to be dating, one has to wonder, why would they speak so publicly about their marriage? According to Fox, the two were simply tired of hiding.    

"We couldn't go anywhere or do anything. It was becoming kind of a chore to be together and when we decided we wanted to get married, we knew something had to change."    

And change it did. Since their quickie nuptials in Vegas nearly six months ago, the couple has been thrust into the spotlight. Movie premieres, industry parties, interviews, photo shoots. They're a busy pair, but they seem to take it all in stride.    

"Eventually, it'll all die down and we can live our lives. That's what I'm looking forward to. When everything calms down a bit and I can just be with her."        

 

Holy shit.    

We did it. We actually pulled it off. I don't even have to read the whole thing to know that.    

I gotta admit, even I'm pretty impressed with how well the article turned out. The seven page spread and the photos portray Madison and I, exactly the way Johnny wanted.    We sound like a normal, happily married couple.     

I don't know how, but we did it.      

It sounds kind of weird, but now that the article's out, I think this whole thing might get a little bit easier. I mean really, our whole act was resting on the believability of that article, and we actually pulled it off.    

Madison even managed to get a follow up interview with Rolling Stone thrown in there and a small section about Beth and her bullshit is included. Granted, it doesn't delve into the whole mess, but it does address the betrayal and how Madison has her guard up now.        

I know Madison wanted revenge, but I doubt she'll actually get it. I mean yeah, she could tell the entire world exactly what Beth did to her, but there's just too many risks involved. Beth could very well blow our cover, and God only knows what kind of hell would break loose then.    

I think it's best if Madison just sticks to giving her shitty job references.    

I still feel a little weird about the whole thing. I wanted to be angry and I would have loved to tear into Beth, but seeing the way Madison's face fell when she heard the news, changed everything. It was like I didn't care what had been said and done to me, I just wanted to protect her. I've seen her angry and upset plenty of times, but I never imagined I'd see that kind of pain in her eyes.    

It just...it really got to me for some reason. I guess, Madison and I are a lot closer than I thought, but I guess we almost have to be.  We're going through the hardest thing either of us has ever had to do, together. It formed a bond between us and nobody else will ever understand it.    

Jesus Christ...I sound like a woman.    

I really hate getting all sappy and shit, but Madison just brings it out of me. I can't explain it, but being around her makes me want to be different. She's made me realize that the Hollywood lifestyle is completely over rated. Because of her, I just want to be myself, fuck what anybody else thinks.    

"Morning." She nods as she passes through the hallway and heads for the kitchen.    

Today's the big day. We're going to the studio to lay down a few demos, and see what we come up with. She hasn't let me see any of her stuff, so I haven't got a clue what I'm working with.     

I've begged. I've pleaded. I even snuck into her room to get my hands on that damn notebook, but as luck would have it...I got busted. I jumped about a foot in the air when she creeped up behind me, while I rummaged through her dresser.    

I don't care what anyone says. Women are much sneakier than men.    

The front door opens and shuts suddenly, and Jc appears in front of me seconds later.        

"What's up man?"

"Why aren't you all ready?"    

"Madison just got up." I shrug as he rolls his eyes. "What's all that?" I gesture to the paperwork in his hands and he shakes his head.    

"Resumes for new assistants. But, I've got a funny feeling Madison won't be too thrilled with the idea of hiring a stranger, so either I do the work myself, which is virtually impossible, or I hire someone close to her." He eyes me carefully and I already know what he's thinking.        

But, I've got news for his ass...it ain't happening.    

"You're not taking Trace." I say sternly. "And I'm not sharing him either."    

I know that probably sounds kinda gay, but damnit...Trace is my PA.    

"I don't want Trace, you idiot." Jc chuckles as he plops down on the couch. "I'm thinking Chelsea. Madison already trusts her. She'd just need to learn the basics, which I was thinking Trace could help her with."    

"Not a bad idea." I nod in agreement. "But...she doesn't know what's really going on here."
   

"She doesn't have to." He says simply and shrugs. "You guys put up a good enough front, it just has to be up more often."    

Isn't that just fucking fantastic? Not only do we have to lie to the rest of the world, now we'll have to lie in the comfort of our home. But then again, I know he's right. Madison won't want some stranger around after everything Beth has done.    

Even though I'm still not Chelsea's biggest fan, there's no denying the truth. Madison trusts the girl with her life. She's smart enough to handle the business aspect of things. She already knows plenty about dealing with the media and the fans. With a little guidance from Trace, she'd make a damn good PA.    

It's perfect.

 

****************************    

 

"Can I see the lyrics?"    

"No."    

"Will you sing something?"     

"Uhh...no."

"Can I atleast see the sheet music?"    

"Nope."    

I swear to God, I'm going to kill her.    

We've been in the studio for almost two hours and we've accomplished absolutely nothing. And, it's all her fault. She's just so damn stubborn.    

I mean, I kind of get where she's coming from, I have tons of stuff I've written that will never see the light of day for various reasons, but I don't bring that shit into the studio. Madison has three notebooks with her, and she won't let me touch any of them.    

If she's embarrassed or something, she really doesn't have to be. I consider myself to be fairly professional about this kind of stuff. I'm not going to hold any of her material against her.    

Even though Madison and I have become friends, I think maybe, she's afraid to let herself be that open with me. Showing someone your work makes you pretty vulnerable, but there comes a time where you just have to get over that fear.     

I get the vibe that her songs are all pretty personal for her, and I understand that...I really do. But, she's gotta work with me. Her career is at stake here.    

A small part of me can't help wondering if this sudden shyness has something to do with Beth. Madison trusted her completely and that trust was broken in a major way. If I was in her shoes, I guess I'd be a little distant and weirded out too.    

"Look, Madison...you've got to work with me, alright? I don't want to be a dick or anything, but you can't waste time like this. RCA isn't fucking around. They will drop you."    

Her eyes lock with mine and anger flashes in them before her expression softens and she nods slowly.  "I just...I'm really nervous."    

"There's nothing to be nervous about. It's just you and me. Jc won't be back for a couple hours." I give her an encouraging smile and she seems to relax a bit. "Now, will you let me see your notebooks?"    

She eyes me cautiously before handing over one of the books. She clasps her hands together and bites her lip nervously as I slowly open it. It sounds lame as hell, but she actually looks kind of cute, all anxious and worrying about what I'll think. I kind of like having that affect on her.    

I read over several mediocre songs before one finally catches my attention. I read over the words carefully and I'm positive I'm grinning like an idiot.     

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize what this song is about.    

"We'll try this one first." I slide the notebook across the table and she glances at it before looking back up at me, wide eyed.    

"No...I don't think that's a good idea Justin. This one's...well...I was just kind of venting and I didn't mean..."    

"It'll be good for you. Trust me."    

She rolls her eyes before grabbing her guitar and storming inside the booth.     

Have I mentioned, she's pretty damn cute when she's pissed off too?    

I know once she gets this out, she'll feel so much better. Granted, it won't fix things, but I think she needs to get some of the aggression out.     

"Just play it straight through and when you're done, we'll listen to the playback."    

"I know how to record, thank you very much." She rolls her eyes at me through the glass, before plopping down in the chair and laying her notebook on the stand in front of her.     

She places the headphones over her ears and tunes her guitar, before playing a few chords, then finally nodding at me to signal that she's ready.

The only one who took you in
The only one who held your hand
Defended you against the others
Had your back on everything
Never let you down
You turned around betrayed your only brother    

As weird as it sounds, the more she plays, the less nervous and awkward she seems. She gets a little more into the song and before I know it, her eyes are shut tight and she's belting the words out, like it's the last time she'll ever sing.     

It's actually kind of amazing to watch. I've been in the producers seat plenty of times, but I don't think I've ever been as mesmerized by the figure in the booth, as I am with her. She's just...she's incredible.

I will never be like you
I'll never do the things you do
Selfish and lonely, what's your problem
Letting go of you and this
Is harder than I thought but I will not be poisoned by your actions
Forgetting me, you took things in your hands and left me out
After we'd been through so much, how could you let me down?    

I know the demo's going to be pretty rough, but atleast we'll walk out of here with something. That's the important thing. As long as we can present them with atleast one decent song...it'll save her ass.     

I guess it's the artist in me coming out, but I've already got some big ideas for this track, hell...the rest of the album.     

The guys at RCA may have their doubts, but I've got complete faith in this girl. She's going to come out on top and they'll be kicking themselves for trying to put her down.     

It's corny as all hell, but I'm glad I get to be part of this. It feels good to help someone I care about.     

Wait a second...someone I care about? When the fuck did I start caring about Madison?     

This can't be good.

 

*********************************    

 

"I think if you add a beat to it, it'll set the guitars off. Just something subtle."     

"I don't know." Madison scrunches up her nose and shakes her head. "What do you think Jace?"    

"I actually think Justin's right." He shrugs and I flash Madison a triumphant smile.    

Of course I'm right. I'm Justin fucking Timberlake, and I'm always right.    

"Fine." Madison sighs loudly and rolls her eyes. "But, if it sounds like some techno piece of shit, it comes out."        

Well, it's official.... Madison Fox has a long, bright future with RCA. I'd just like to take a moment to say, I knew it. I was a little worried at first, but deep down...I knew she'd be just fine, especially with my help.    

 After we turned in that first demo, RCA put up the funding for the rest of the album, hired the studio musicians and left us to our own devices. Some of the backing music has been laid down and now, it's just a matter of recording Madison's vocals and making a few small adjustments.     

Luckily, I've been so damn busy the last week, I haven't had the time to sit down and sort through all of these thoughts that keep floating through my head.     

I mean, "caring" about someone isn't really that big of a deal. I care about my family. I care about my friends. Madison is just another friend that I care about. Plain and simple.    

I've been trying really hard to convince myself of that, but I can't help wondering...is it really just friendly caring, when I can't stop picturing her naked?    

Probably not.    

I guess being attracted to her wouldn't be such a bad thing. She's a cool chick, nice to look at and legally...she is my wife. I mean hey...maybe we could get a friends with benefits type thing going. I haven't gotten laid in months and I could do a lot worse than Madison.    

Maybe it's just sex deprivation getting to me and its twisting my thoughts. Maybe I'm just so desperate to get laid that suddenly, a woman I normally wouldn't go anywhere near, isn't such a bad option.     

I mean, it would work fairly well since she's around all day, every day.     

I know...I sound like a complete jackass.     

Truth of the matter is, I don't know what the hell is going on. Maybe I'm just slowly but surely losing my damn mind. Atleast that explanation would make sense, because me having feelings for Madison, just doesn't make sense.     

I mean yeah, she's cool and we're friends...but I can't have feelings for her. Our situation is bad enough, I don't need emotions getting in the way. Especially if she doesn't feel the same.     

Sure, there's been a few instances of some heavy flirting and even a little physical stuff, but almost every time, one of us was drunk.    

In a way, it's not all that hard to see why I'd be attracted to her. Number one...she's fuckin hot. She has a body most women would kill for, and she's just...she's so pretty. I know that sounds stupid, but she is. She has the brightest blue eyes and an incredible smile.    

Even if I'm in a shitty mood, all she has to do is smile at me and I forget what I was mad about. But, I think the thing I like the most, is the light smattering of freckles across her nose and cheeks. With all the make-up she wears, most people don't even know they're there, but I get to see them everyday.    

Call me crazy, but it's just cute.     

I know a lot of guys go for the girls with the heavy make-up, myself usually included, but I prefer Madison without an ounce of that shit. She looks damn good either way, but there's just something special about her without it. I don't even know what it is, but there's... something.    

We got off to a really rocky start, but I've come to realize that I was so completely wrong about her. I had her pegged as this bitchy, money hungry, fame seeking diva.     

Needless to say...I'm an idiot.    

In reality, Madison is about as sweet and down to earth as it gets. Granted, her sweet side isn't always on display but I know it's there.     

She's worked damn hard to get where she is, and she deserves every bit of the success she's achieved. She's pretty tough too. The tabloids have printed some really nasty shit about her, but she's always held her head high, refusing to let them bring her down.    

She knows exactly who she is, and she isn't afraid to be herself. In this business, that's incredibly rare.     

To some extent, I think she's been rubbing off on me a bit. I'm getting a little more outspoken. I've relaxed a lot when it comes to my image and dealing with the press. I guess, I'm just tired of putting on an act.    

Unfortunately, there's one act I have to keep up. I've got to see this marriage nonsense through. In the beginning, I'm sure I could have found a way out, but it's been almost six months. We have to let this run it's course.    

I'm just afraid that's going to get fairly difficult with all the crazy shit that's been running through my mind lately.     

"Alright...if you guys don't feed me soon, I'll be useless." Madison pouts up at Jc and I can't help noticing the way he looks at her, a small smile playing at his lips.    

I've always thought that Madison and Jace had this older brother-little sister type relationship, but now...all the protective words, and adoring smiles he throws her way don't seem so brotherly after all.    

Maybe I never cared enough to pay attention or Jace did an excellent job of hiding it. Whatever the case, now it's clear as day.     

He's crazy about her. Probably always has been.    

I remember when he first got her signed, it was like his world revolved around her. He was constantly in the studio with her, talking her up to anyone who'd listen. He was just so damn proud of his little discovery.    

Maybe at first, he was that older brother figure but somewhere along the line, he fell for her and I finally understand his slight obsession with this woman.    

I just wish I would have seen it sooner. Maybe then, I could have kept all these feelings from stirring up.    

I guess this is just one more thing to add to my growing list of reasons not to fall for Madison. Jc is practically family and if growing up in the south has taught me anything, it's that you don't betray your family.    

Jace is a sensitive guy and I know this would tear him apart, especially if I let my feelings get the best of me and I acted on them. No matter how I feel about her, I can't be responsible for him getting hurt.    

Jc could treat her a million times better than I ever could. He probably knows more about her than I ever will, and most importantly...he got her career started, and that's going to tie the two of them together forever. Madison isn't the type to forget favors and I know she's going to spend the rest of her life trying to pay Jc back for everything he's done for her.    

So, I'll do the right thing. I'll keep my feelings to myself and in a year and a half, I'll walk out of their lives and never look back.

 

 

 

"Judas"-Kelly Clarkson  



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story