"After awhile, we both realized that it just wasn't working, and we decided it was time to move on. But, we're still really good friends. I have the utmost respect for Justin, and I wish him nothing but the best." I shoot the DJ a cheesy smile and he nods, satisfied with my answer.    

"Alright folks, you heard it here first, from the best source there is. There is no Timberlake/Fox divorce drama! Now, here's the title track from Madison's brand new album."    

"What I've Become" booms from the speakers as the DJ quickly slides off his headphones and shakes my hand.    

"Thanks for coming in today Madison. We really appreciate it."    

"She was happy to do it." Jc smiles as he steps into the booth. "You guys need anything else?"    

"Uh, no actually. She's done." The DJ nods, thanks me again and shows us to the door.    

As much as I would love to completely flip out on Jace, I'll restrain myself. Atleast until we get to the car anyway.    

Now, I'm smart enough to know that with a brand new album out, I need to do some extra publicity stuff, and I'm perfectly ok with that. And yeah... maybe since the last album was a complete and utter failure, I need to do a little more than I normally would. But, I'm fairly certain that my manager doesn't need to be sticking his nose into each and every thing I do.    

I really don't know what the hell has been up with him these last few days. I've always believed Jace and I had a pretty good working relationship. For the most part, he'd let me do my thing and I'd tone down the attitude when he recommended it.     

However, in the three days since the album's been out, it's been a totally different story. In interviews, he tells me what I should say. At events, he won't let me say a single word to reporters or fans. He's piling more and more work on me every day, and it's like he just isn't Jc anymore.    

He's turning into this controlling, psychotic, workaholic and it's really starting to freak me out.    

The best I can figure is that maybe he's just stressed out and isn't quite sure how to cope. I mean, it's no secret that both our asses are on the line with this album. It has to do well or we're completely screwed. And, I'm sure the label is putting a lot of extra pressure on him.    

I have to succeed if he ever wants to have the opportunity to manage other acts, and I'd almost guarantee the label has been throwing that in his face non-stop.    

Maybe this controlling side of him is coming out to keep me from screwing up worse than I already have. If Jace jumps in and does all the talking, there's no chance for me to say something stupid.    

Maybe it'll be better for everyone in the long run, if I just keep my damn mouth shut and let him handle everything.    

But it's so fucking frustrating!    

I can't just sit back and keep quiet. I always promised myself that I wouldn't become just another industry bimbo, and it's not going to happen. I'm not going to let someone else dictate my career or my future.    

Jace isn't here to run the show. His job is to simply steer me in the right direction. And, he's done an excellent job of that.... until now.     

"So, what's next?" I ask as calmly as I can manage. I'm not going to lose my cool. I'm going to stay calm and give him the benefit of the doubt.... for now.    

"That was it actually. You've got a lot going tomorrow though. Few more radio shows, a couple shoots, we're meeting with the label to discuss the tour, then you're doing some stuff for Entertainment Weekly."    

"You are aware that slavery is illegal, correct?"    

"Ya know... if this music thing doesn't pan out, you just might have a career in stand up comedy." He replies dryly and rolls his eyes. "Anyway, get some rest tonight. Trust me... you'll need it."    

"I will." I smile as we pull up to my apartment building. "See ya in the morning Jace." I climb out of the car and practically sprint up to my apartment.    

A smart girl would do exactly as she was told and spend the rest of the day vegging out in preparation for the hectic day ahead of her.     

Unfortunately... I'm not a very smart girl.    

I shower and change at damn near the speed of light and within half an hour, I'm out the door again, heading for my car and getting ready to make my now routine drive across town.    

I swear, I could probably make this drive in my sleep by now.    

It doesn't take long before I pull into the driveway and grin stupidly at the sight of Justin, clad in a low slung pair of loose black sweatpants, chasing Buckley across the front yard.     

Let me take just a minute to brag and say that my boyfriend, is fucking beautiful. The insanely clear blue eyes, that perfect pouty mouth, and don't even get me started on the body. Seriously, it should be a crime for him to be running around showing off that perfectly sculpted chest.     

It's like no matter what the man does, he oozes sex appeal. Just watching him chase the damn dog makes me want to jump him. And I really couldn't care less who would see it.    

I step out of the car and laugh as Buckley comes barreling toward me, an almost dopey grin on his face. This dog adores me, and it pisses Justin off to no end.    

He pouts at the loss of his playmate before strolling over to me slowly and folding his arms over his bare chest. "You're not supposed to come between a man and his dog ya know."    

"I'm nicer than you. It's not my fault that he knows it too."    

"You're hilarious, really." He smiles sarcastically before nudging the dog out of the way and placing his hands on either side of my hips, pinning me between the car and his body. "So... what're you doing here?"    

"The warden let me off early for good behavior." I giggle as he rolls his eyes. "Jace only had the one interview set up for today. So, I've got the rest of the day off. Tomorrow however, is a whole other ball game."    

"He ain't playing around with this promotion shit is he?"    

"Apparently not. But... I don't wanna talk about it. I'm here now, so... no more work." I nod seriously as I slide my arms around his neck.    

Right away his lips connect with mine and I can't help but smile.  As silly as it sounds, he just makes me happy. Even when we're fighting, I'm happy just to be around him. He brings out this mushy, girly, romantic side of me, and I actually kind of like it.     

It sounds completely cliche, but I've honestly never felt like this before. Most of my past relationships were short lived and definitely never came anywhere near the L word. But Justin is... he's nothing like the other guys I've dated. I don't think I've ever known anyone who has the ability to make me want to strange the life out of them one minute, then the next, I can't keep my damn hands off of him.    

I can't even really pinpoint exactly what it is about him that makes me so crazy. I mean, obviously there's a pretty intense physical attraction, but it goes much deeper than that.     

He doesn't show it often, but there's an incredibly sweet side to him. He does everything in his power to show me just how much he cares. He makes me feel like the absolute most important, amazing, gorgeous woman on the planet, and honestly... who wouldn't totally melt over that?    

But, most importantly... he puts up with my bullshit.    

I know he doesn't enjoy this sneaking around stuff, but he does it, because it's what I wanted. He's amazingly selfless when it comes to me, and I really never expected that from him. I don't doubt him in the least anymore, and that's a pretty big deal for us. I don't have to constantly question his feelings, and I like that.    

It's only been a few months, but there's a security in our relationship. And I think everybody in the world wants that.    

When his mouth begins to travel down my neck and to my collar bone, my common sense conveniently decides to come back and kick me in the ass.    

We're making out.    

His hands are in some not so appropriate places.    

We are outside.    

There's almost always photographers lurking around the property.    

This is not intelligent.    

"Jus..." I trail off reluctantly. As much as I'd love to let him continue, I know I can't.    

We can't be seen like this. Plus, Trace could show up at any second, and that has disaster written all over it.    

"Justin." I say with a little more force this time. He hums out a response, his mouth never leaving my neck. "We should go inside."    

"Nope." He smirks before lifting me onto the hood of my car and positioning himself between my legs.     

This man is going to get me into all sorts of trouble someday, and I kind of don't mind.    

"What if somebody sees us?"    

"They're gonna get a damn good show I guess."    

"Justin!" I shriek and slap his arm playfully.    

"Oh come on... it might be kinda fun that way." He wiggles his eyebrows suggestively and I can't help but laugh at him. He really is entirely too adorable for his own good.    

"Don't be a perv."    

"Alright, alright... you're no fun, ya know that?"    

"Oh trust me... I'm lots of fun." I grin as he kisses me quickly. He turns around suddenly and hooks his arms under my knees, and I slide my arms around his neck as he quickly hoists me onto his back, my legs wrapping around his waist.    

I don't think someone's given me a piggyback ride since I was about five. And I'm just a tad nervous about this.    

"If you drop me... I will kick your ass. I'm not kidding Justin."

"I got ya baby... no worries." He nods and heads into the house, me clinging to him for dear life.    

I can't stop the stupid grin that spreads across my face at his words. He's totally right. Call me a cornball, but Justin Timberlake does indeed have me. I'm completely hooked on him and whether or not he knows it, he's got me wrapped around his finger.    

The intensity of my feelings for him scares the hell out of me, but it's a good kind of scared. Almost like riding a roller coaster for the first time.    

You've got that nervous, excited feeling in the pit of your stomach and you're bracing yourself for the worst, positive you're going to plummet to your death. But, once the rides over.... you can't wait to do it again.    

That's exactly what being with Justin is like. No matter how scary it seems, I keep coming back for more.

 

************************    

 

"You don't have to do this ya know." Justin wraps his arms around my waist from behind and places a kiss on the back of my neck before resting his chin on my shoulder.    

"Who says it's for you?" I smirk and skillfully pour the batter into the waffle iron.    

"Oh, so you're gonna eat eight waffles on your own?"    

"Maybe." I shrug as he releases me and takes a seat at the table.    

I glance at the clock on the wall and can't stop the frown that takes over my face. I have exactly one hour to eat, get a shower, get dressed and get my ass to the radio station. If I'm late, Jace will probably murder me.    

I really shouldn't have spent the night here, but when Justin asked, it was damn near impossible to turn him down. But then again... it always is. I'm telling you... the man could ask me to jump off a fucking building, and I'd probably do it. I just can't say no to him.     

"So, this is it for awhile, isn't it?"    

"What ya mean?" I don't even bother to turn around and look at him because unfortunately, I know exactly what he means.    

After today... there's no telling what's going to happen to us. I mean yeah, I've been going non-stop all week, but today is kind of the beginning of the real insanity. The label is going to finalize all of the tour plans this afternoon, and from there, we'll be hiring the band, going into rehearsals, then finally heading out on the road.    

Obviously, Justin can't exactly show up at any of the stops, so this is going to make things incredibly difficult. And, I'm not really sure how we'll handle the distance.    

Suddenly, a wave of regret washes over me, and I feel like the worlds biggest idiot. This is my fault.    

Why the hell did I go through with the divorce? Why did I have to be too damn proud to listen to him? Really... I'm just being selfish. I didn't take his feelings or what he wanted into consideration because I was too damn worried about myself.    

Thanks to my stupidity... our time together is in jeopardy.     

If I would have just listened to him, and not gone through with the divorce... he could probably join me on tour, and we wouldn't have an issue.    

But then again... if it wasn't for the divorce, we might not be together at all.    

"Well... your shit's about to pick back up. I can't really come follow you around or anything. So.... this is pretty much it."    

"Yeah... I guess so." I smile sadly. "We'll talk all the time though."    

"I know. It still just fucking sucks."    

He looks so childlike and innocent now, his chin resting in his palm, a distinctive pout on his lips. He looks absolutely adorable.    

And it makes me want to leave even less.        

This just might be much harder than either of us are anticipating.

 

************************    

 

I think I've finally discovered what the worst aspect of fame is. These mind numbing fuckin interviews.    

They're all exactly the same, and I'm not sure how many more of them I can handle. I mean... it wouldn't be so bad if they focused on my work rather than my personal life. But... it seems that people are only interested in the downfall of my marriage.    

What happened? Why did it end? Did Justin cheat? Did I cheat? Why did we get married in the first place? Are the songs on the new album about Justin? Do we still talk?    

I swear to God... I never thought I'd get as sick of hearing his name as I am right now. I'm doing promotion for my album for Christ sake. The last thing I want to talk about is my supposedly failed marriage, but... my obvious discomfort on the subject hasn't phased them in the least.    

And naturally, Jc is livid. He's so terrified that my involvement with Justin is going to overshadow the album. But honestly... as much as I hate to say it, I think it's helping. People seem to be incredibly interested in what the nut case who divorced Justin Timberlake has to say. It's done nothing but boost my album sales.    

But... Jace is going to think whatever he wants, no matter what the sales figures show.    

"Alright, the next one is the Entertainment Weekly thing I told you about. They'll do the interview, take a few pictures, then you're done." He nods and shoots me that fake smile he usually reserves for the media and fans who bug him when he's trying to eat.    

I take a seat and pick at my chipped, black nail polish as I wait for the reporter. If this doesn't take too terribly long, I just might have enough time to swing past Justin's tonight. Which is most definitely a good thing.    

"Hi Madison... how are you?"    

"I'm good. How are..." The words quickly die in my throat when I look up and see the short, skinny brunette approaching me.    

What. The. Fuck.    

I clearly remember telling this bitch to stay as far away from me as humanly possible. What the hell is she doing here?    

She takes the seat across from me and smiles brightly. "It's been awhile, huh?"    

"Yeah Beth. It's been... awhile." I mutter, fighting the urge to knock her lights out.     

Unfortunately... I have to keep my cool. There are far too many people around, and letting her know exactly how I feel, isn't an option.    

As much as I don't want to, I have to play nice. For now.     

"Look... I'd love to catch up, but I'm.... busy." I nod, doing nothing to mask the disgust or hatred in my voice.    

"Oh, that's alright. I'm doing the interview." She shoots me another sickeningly sweet smile, and suddenly... I'd love nothing more than to put my fist through the fucking wall.    

Honestly, what in the hell did I do to deserve this shit?    

I've never killed anyone. Never stole anything. I mean... is this my karma for lying to the entire world?    

Furthermore, how the fuck did she get a job at Entertainment Weekly? I specifically told Jace that any job reference we gave her, would be a shitty one.     

"So... let's get started." She smiles and flips on her tape recorder before grabbing her notebook and pen. "So, the new album is out now and seems to be doing fairly well already. After the last album flopped, what were your expectations for this one?"        

I swallow the lump in my throat and let out a loud sigh. Alright... she's sticking to the work side of things. Maybe... maybe this won't be so terrible. But... after this, I'm getting a fucking restraining order.     

If I'm lucky, I'll get through this thing as quickly and easily as possible. I'll keep my answers vague, and short. This backstabbing bitch has already sold me out once, I'm sure she wouldn't hesitate to do it a second time.     

"We didn't really have any expectations. I just wanted to put out the best work I could, and I think we managed that. I'm very proud of this album."    

"Good to hear." She nods, that stupid smile still plastered on her face. "What are your touring plans this year?"    

"Well, right now we're looking at a 32 city tour. Hopefully we can bring on a few really great opening acts, and... it'll be cool."     

Things continue in this manner for the next hour or so. She asks about the music, my plans for the future, if I'll ever venture into acting.     

She's asking the kind of questions the other reporters should have.    

But... just when I'm thinking Beth Preston... Cook, whatever the fuck her name is, has changed her money hungry ways, she shoots every last good thought I was having, completely to hell.    

"So Madison... why did you let Johnny Wright talk you into staying married to Justin Timberlake?"    

"Excuse me?" I do nothing to hide the venom in my voice. She's got some fucking nerve coming in here and pulling this shit on me out of nowhere. Johnny's gonna have her fucking head if this gets out.    

"You and Justin didn't know each other until the night you were married. Mr. Wright demanded that the two of you remain married to keep Justin's image intact, and you agreed to it. Care to explain?"    

 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story