Author's Chapter Notes:
very little editing went into this one, so i apologize for any mistakes. also... there's a ton of dialouge in this one, but it serves it's purpose. lol. enjoy! comments, reviews and constructive crit are ALWAYS appreciated!!

I hear pounding footsteps on the porch and a second later, the front door swings open, banging loudly against the wall.    

What the fucking hell?    

I jump up from my seat on the couch and move into the hallway. I'm met instantly with a fuming Madison and suddenly, every move I've made since she left this morning is flashing through my mind. I haven't even left the house,so there's no way this is directed at me.    

"Maddie, what's wrong baby?" I ask as calmly as I can manage.     

"She... she... she fucking set me up!" She cries, the tears quickly forming in her eyes. "When she asked, I just... I froze, and the next thing I knew... I was here."    

"What the hell are you talking about?"    

"Beth." She mumbles before pushing past me into the living room and throwing herself down on the couch. "The Entertainment Weekly interview Jace set up... Beth was the reporter. And at first, everything was fine. Then out of fucking nowhere, she asked why I agreed to stay married to you. I didn't know what the hell to say, so I just left."

"Shit Madison..." I sigh and pinch the bridge of my nose.    

This is bad.    

Really, really fucking bad.    

"Jc's been calling me non-stop and I didn't know what to fucking do... so I came here." She sniffles, the tears now freely streaming down her cheeks.        

Shit.    

I guess it sounds stupid, but I thought this would stay buried. I thought Johnny's threats of legal action were enough to keep anyone quiet. I mean, the guy is pretty fucking scary when he wants to be.    

I was naive enough to believe that this wouldn't come out. Clearly, I'm a moron.    

But, I'm sure you already knew that.    

And of course, it just had to be Beth. As if she hadn't done enough damage the first time around.    

"Why didn't you just leave when you saw her? You could have refused to do the interview, ya know."    

"Oh, so now it's my fault?" She asks, the anger flashing in her eyes.    

"That's not what I'm saying and you know it. Don't fucking attack me, Madison. I'm on your side here."    

She nods slowly and swipes at the tears rolling down her cheeks. "I was... I was just so surprised to see her. And I really didn't think she had the balls to call me out like that."    

"What'd Jace say?"    

"He wasn't around... till I left anyway. He kept calling me and I finally turned my phone off."    

"Alright... just... just calm down, and I'll call Johnny."    

If anybody can clean this mess up, it'd be him.    

The only problem is, we don't know how far Beth plans on taking this. The fact that Madison didn't answer her is a good thing, but... Beth got a reaction.    

And that probably says more than Madison ever could.

 

*******************    

 

"What in the hell possessed you to do something so God damn stupid? Is it impossible for you to keep your dick in your pants?" Johnny shouts and rolls his eyes.    

I should have expected this.    

When I called him, I simply told him I was on my way to his office. There was just no way I was going to tell him everything over the phone. Unfortunately, for him to really understand what happened this morning, I had to start at the beginning.     

I had to tell him all about the hell I went through those first few months Madison and I were married. Had to give him all the lurid details on how we became much more than enemies. Spilled my guts about why she really pushed for the divorce so soon, and of course... I had to tell him that we've been an actual couple for the last three months. Which, he pretty much flipped over.    

However, when I told him about Beth.... it barely even phased him.    

So, I've spent the last half an hour listening to him rant and rave about what an idiot I am. Like I didn't already know, but that's beside the point.    

We have a real issue here. He needs to focus a little more on that, and less on what I do with my dick.     

"Johnny.... come on man, there's more important shit going on here."    

"No there isn't. You said Madison didn't answer the question, therefore Beth doesn't have a story. Our problem is that you've gotten yourself into a situation I can't get you out of." He sighs and shakes his head sadly. "I don't know how to spin this Justin. It'll bring up too many questions and I don't have the answers for them. You need to end it."    

"You've got to be fucking joking."

"No, I'm quite serious actually. End it Justin." He says firmly.    

I've taken a lot of his shit over the years, but this is the last fucking straw. He may have control over everything else in my life, but my personal shit is not up for grabs. I'm not letting this happen.    

"No."    

"Justin, I'm serious. This isn't up for debate."    

"You're God damn right it's not. I'm not doing it Johnny. I love that girl, and face it... it's partially your fault. You're the one who came up with the brilliant idea for us to stay married. If it wasn't for you... this never would have happened."    

"Look, I don't give two shits how it happened. Get rid of her Justin."    

"Fuck you Johnny. I'm done." I rise from my seat and glare down at him for good measure. "I've had it man. I can't do this shit anymore. Sue me for breach of contract, whatever... I don't care. I'm just... done." I nod as Johnny's jaw damn near hits the floor. I grab my keys and quickly head out of his office, before I have the chance to change my mind.    

I did it... I finally fucking stood up to Johnny Wright. And it felt damn good.    

But, I also just walked away from a career most people can only dream about.    

And honestly, it doesn't feel too bad either.    

I don't care what kind of bullshit lawsuits they throw my way. I feel like a free man for the first time in... well, ever actually. I've always been told where to go, what to say, how to act. But, those days are over.    

I'm taking control of my life for the first time since the day I was born. If I want to record or perform... it's gonna be on my terms. I've got a studio, the production skills and plenty of money. I don't need a manager or a label, or any of the other bullshit that's consumed my life for the past 10 years.    

So now... I'm gonna go home, get my girlfriend, and take her out.    

And I don't give a flying fuck who sees it.

 

**********************    

 

"So, what's he doing about Beth?"    

"Nothing." I shrug and grab a beer. "He said since you didn't answer, she doesn't have a story."    

"Yeah, but... she can print it anyway. She's probably got some proof from Vegas to back the whole thing up too."    

"Fuck her." I shrug again and take a long swig of my drink. "It doesn't matter anymore."    

"How the hell does it not matter Justin? She could ruin us."    

"I quit. I told Johnny I was done and, I meant it. I can't play the fuckin game anymore. When he told me to dump you... that was just... that was it. I just can't do it anymore."    

"Have you completely lost your fucking mind?" She shrieks and slaps my arm roughly. "You don't just quit the music industry Justin!"    

"Why the hell not?"    

"Because you just.... can't." She mutters and rolls her eyes. "What do you expect to live on? You perform to make money, ya know. And... what about your fans? What about those millions of people who have invested ridiculous amounts of time and money in you? What about the people who work for you? They have families Justin! How could you be so damn selfish?" If I didn't know any better, I'd swear she almost sounds... hurt.    

Honestly, I'm really not getting the reaction I expected here. I figured she'd be thrilled about this. She's constantly bitching about how I never stand up for myself and when I finally do, this is how she responds.    

Besides, this really doesn't have anything to do with her. My life. My career. My decision. She shouldn't be all up in arms about it.     

"Well sweetheart... I don't know if you noticed or not, but I kind of have more money than God, so I think I'm set on that front."    

"Oh don't be a prick Justin." She spits out, the anger clear as day in her voice. "You know I hate that shit. Bottom line is... you can't do this. You should have atleast talked to me first. We're supposed to be a team, remember?"    

Oh she did not just go there.    

That "team" shit is reserved for married couples, as far as I'm concerned. And, we no longer fall into that category because of her. I swear, sometimes... I think she really buys into that marriage shit. I can't even count how many times I've caught her in what I would call "wifely behavior."    

If she hadn't gone all independent on me and shit... she'd still be my wife. But oh no... she wasn't having any of that.    

Honestly, it's kinda funny how we're only a team when it's for her benefit. If our roles were reversed, I guarantee she'd be pulling that "it's my life" horseshit.     

I swear... you can't fucking win with this girl.     

I'm not asking her to jump up and down or throw me a party or anything, I'd just like a little support.     

"I'm not being a prick. It's a fact. I don't ever have to work another day in my life, and I'll be more than fine. As for my fans... they'll move onto the next decent looking guy with an alright voice. And the people who work for me... will find new jobs. In a month, nobody's gonna give a shit about me."    

"You're so wrong. So completely wrong." She says quietly and shakes her head.    

"Madison... can't you atleast pretend to be happy for me? I finally feel like this huge weight is off my shoulders. I don't have to be everybody's perfect little pet for the first time in my life. I needed to do this."    

She nods slowly, but the frown never leaves her face. "I support you no matter what." Is her robotic reply.        

I know she doesn't mean a word of it, but I'll take it, for now atleast.     

"Now see... that wasn't so hard, was it?" I grin and slip my hands around her waist.  She rolls her eyes, but I know if I sweet talk her for a few more minutes, I'll wear her down.     

Although... sex does seem to be better when she's mad at me. Maybe I should start bragging about my money again. That always seems to get her good and pissed off.     

"You're gonna regret it." She mumbles and leans into me. "In a couple days, when the rush wears off... you're gonna regret all of this. Trust me."    

"So, I'll do my own thing. Maybe it's just time for me to be in charge, ya know?"

"Whatever you say." She forces a smile and rests her head against my chest.    

A small part of me is afraid she could be right, but deep down... I know I did the best thing for me. I've played by everybody else's rules for far too long. It's about damn time I did something for myself.    

I just can't figure out when I became the one with a backbone. Madison is supposed to be the strong, independent one. But now, it's almost like she's becoming what I used to be. She's turning into this spineless, weak, industry product and that scares the hell out of me.     

Like today, I tried to get her to go out to dinner with me, and she flat out wouldn't do it. She said she was scared somebody might see us.    

I can't even count how many times I've said that same kind of shit to past girlfriends.    

Personally, I don't care who sees us or what they think. But whatever. I can't force her.    

For awhile there, I honestly thought her spark was coming back, but obviously... I was wrong. And now, this whole Beth thing has obliterated the last little bit of it.    

I don't know what the hell Jace or the label are planning to do about this mess, but it better be damn good.

 

*********************    

 

Loud banging on my bedroom door jolts me awake suddenly, and I roll over, my arms sliding around Madison, before I pull her against my chest.    

She spent the night again last night and it was... fantastic. Make-up sex is by far the best. I won't bore you with the details, but it was fuckin hot. We'll leave it at that.    

She groans as her eyes flutter open and she sinks deeper into the mattress. "What's that noise?" She asks groggily.    

"Probably Trace coming to bitch me out about....something."    

"Make him leave." She mutters and scoots away, giving me room to crawl out of bed.     

I make my way to the door and swing it open, expecting to be met with a very angry short person, instead... I'm face to face with Jc Chasez.    

And he doesn't look happy.    

"Jace... what's up man?" I chuckle nervously, fully aware that his only client is in my bed, half naked.     

"I need to talk to her Justin. And don't fuck with me... I know she's here. I saw her car."    

"Oh..umm... alright... I'll.. let me just... I'll wake her up." I stutter before I shut the door again.    

Shit.

I almost forgot how scary Jace is when he's fucking pissed. He sets his jaw and it's like there's this fire in his eyes and you can't really tell exactly what he's capable of.     

Luckily, whatever he's here for, doesn't seem to be about me. But, I've got a bad feeling that he's about to read Madison the riot act, probably because she walked out on that fucked up interview yesterday.    

"Madison.... baby, you gotta get up."    

"No I don't." She mumbles and turns away from me. "Just come back to bed."    

"Jace is here."    

Her eyes fly open and she sits straight up in bed, a look of panic sweeping across her features. "Shit. I don't wanna see him! He's gonna fucking kill me!"    

"No he's not." I lie. "He just wants to talk. He's probably here to apologize for yesterday."    

"Oh yeah.... yeah. You're right." She nods unsurely and climbs out of bed. She heads for the door slowly, still clad in just my baggy black T-shirt.    

I give her an encouraging smile as she opens the door and steps out into the hallway. I can just barely make out their muffled voices through the door before finally, their discussion turns heated and they both get louder with each word. I know I shouldn't be listening to this, but it's like a damn car wreck or something. I just can't bring myself to turn away.    

"You just can't do shit like that! Do you have any idea how unprofessional walking out on an interview is? Especially one that big?"    

"It was Beth!" Madison screams angrily. "And she... she was calling me out on Justin. I didn't know what to do!"

"You answer the fucking question. How hard is that?"    

"Oh, so you want me to admit that the whole marriage was fake?"    

"Yes! That's exactly what I wanted! You know damn well I approve the questions you get asked. You should have known you were being asked that for a reason Madison!"    

"What?" Her screech seems to echo throughout the entire house and I cringe.    

This is exactly what I was afraid of.    

Jace has become just as money hungry as Johnny and the rest of those industry fucks. They couldn't care less about the happiness or well being of their artists. It's all about the publicity and finding new ways to make a quick buck.     

And that's exactly why I had to get out.    

This story is going to be huge, if and when it breaks. Every outlet is going to want Madison's story and they'll be more than willing to pay top dollar for it. Which means, Jace will be raking in an insane amount of money for pimping her out to every media source there is.     

It's sick when you sit back and think about just how much of the world is driven by money. People will do any damn thing they can to get their hands on it and it's fuckin pathetic.     

"Get dressed. Get your shit and let's go. I called Entertainment Weekly this morning and Beth's willing to let you finish the interview."    

"Oh yeah? Well, I'm not. Go fuck yourself Jace."    

"Come on Madison, I don't have time for this shit."    

"And I don't need a manager who's only out to fuck me over. I don't know what's happened to you this past year, but you've turned into a person I can't stand and I've just... I've had enough. You're fired Jc."    

"You're gonna regret that Madison. Mark my words."    

"Maybe I will... maybe I won't."        

The door opens once again and Madison strolls inside before collapsing onto the bed and curling up beside me. As soon as I wrap an arm around her, she starts to sob uncontrollably and all I can do is listen to her cry.    

I wish I could understand why the people closest to this girl are so dead set on their own agendas, that they don't give a shit how it affects her.    

Beth wanted to further her career. Chelsea is out for a childish form of revenge. Jc is willing to completely sell her out and destroy her public image, all for his own notoriety and some money.    

This is what the music industry has become. It's all about greed and personal gain.    

And Madison Fox is it's latest victim.

 

*****************    

 

"In a statement released this morning, Jc Chasez has confirmed that he has cut all ties with RCA records, as well as Madison Fox.     

Earlier this week, Chasez, and Fox's former personal assistant, Beth Cook, both outed the singer on the validity of her marriage to Justin Timberlake.     

The couple's marriage was reportedly a sham, set up to protect Timberlake's public image. However, the two have reportedly been dating quietly for the last several months.    

Chasez and Cook plan to write a tell-all book, detailing their time working for Fox, who's long had a party-girl reputation, the marriage to Timberlake, the failure of her second album, and the comeback success of her third studio record. Reps for Fox refuse to comment on the story, or the supposed marriage.    

Meanwhile, Timberlake has been M.I.A for the last few weeks. His manager, Johnny Wright and reps for Jive records have yet to release a statement on the marriage, his relationship with Fox, or Chasez's upcoming book.    

We'll keep you posted on this story as information becomes available. Stay tuned to MTV for music news at 10 to the hour, every hour."  

 

  



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story