"The two of you are going to this premiere. No questions asked. It's been almost a month, and you have yet to make an appearance together. You're going. End of discussion." Johnny strolls out of the conference room, leaving Madison and I alone.    

She rolls her eyes and lets out a long sigh before turning to glare at me. "Happy now?"    

"Ecstatic." I smile sarcastically at her, across the table.    

It's official, I am married to the biggest bitch on the planet.    

There is absolutely no end, to how much this woman pisses me off. Within the past month, there's been quite a few instances where, I could have strangled the life out of her, without a second thought.    

She goes out of her way to be overly rude, and sarcastic, and she always has to have the last word. She's infuriating.    

Of course, we wouldn't be in this mess, if it wasn't for her.     

I remember that night in Vegas, like it was yesterday. The girl couldn't get enough of me.    

She walked into VIP that night, like she owned the damn place, and it was hotter than hell. A lot of women aren't that sure of themselves, but she was, and it was a major turn on.    

Normally, I'd have wasted no time approaching a woman like that, but I recognized her right away, and I wanted no part of that. I've dealt with my fair share of fame hungry bitches, and from everything I've heard about her, that's exactly what she is.    

So, I made a few comments about her, to my boys, and minded my own business. I wasn't about to get all caught up in Madison Fox, and her drama.    

However, she had other plans for me.    

She'd been there for a few hours, tossing back tequila with her friends, like it was fucking water. I mean seriously, I'm a heavy drinker...but damn. She could have drank me under the table, in a matter of seconds.    

Out of nowhere, she stumbles up to my table, and pretty much throws herself at me, her assistant watching wordlessly, the whole time.  Things got hot and heavy pretty quick, and I figured my hotel room was our next logical step.    

Now, she was much drunker than I was, but I definitely wasn't walking any straight lines that night. My vision was blurry, and I could barely hold my damn head up. I still haven't got a clue how we got out of that club without someone noticing us.     

My security team packed myself, Madison, her assistant, and my assistant-slash-best friend,Trace, into the escalade we rented, and we headed for the hotel.     

My memory gets a little fuzzy at this point. All I can recall, is being in the car, and passing one of those little, cheap ass wedding chapels. Madison said something about wanting to see the inside of one, so we stopped.    

Unfortunately, I have no recollection of the actual wedding, or what happened afterward. All I know is, Sunday morning, I woke up in a hotel that wasn't mine, sleeping next to a woman, I normally wouldn't have touched with a ten foot pole, and there was a cheap, gold band around my left ring finger.     

That, of course, is when the shit hit the fan, and it's been downhill ever since.     I know Johnny's scheduling all kinds of crap for us, interviews, appearances, photo shoots, you name it. The thing that drives me up the damn wall, is the fact that if this marriage was real, there's no way in hell I'd be this open about it.    

I keep my personal life to myself, so why would I suddenly welcome the world into it? Really, my management should have put a lot more thought into this whole thing.     A quiet annulment would have suited everyone just fine, but oh no. They all saw an opportunity to make some money, and they've taken it.     

The music business in sickening, when you really think about it. I mean, I know I have an image to protect or whatever, but I don't think lying is the right way to go about this whole thing. However, I'm not about to argue with the people who donate to my bank account. Even I'm not that stupid.     

"Are you going to sit there all day, or are we leaving?" Madison interrupts my train of thought, and all I can do is roll my eyes.    

I can't even stand the sound of her voice. It's so...grating. When she speaks to me, you can hear the anger, and frustration, but with anyone else, her tone is light and airy.    

I swear to God, she's gotta be schizophrenic or something, because I see two different people anytime I'm around her. With Beth and Jc, she's silly and funny and actually seems like a decent person, but with me, she's this evil, vindictive bitch. So, I give it right back to her.    

Around Madison Fox, I'm the biggest prick imaginable. I think she's shit, and I have no problem letting her know it.     

I'll be amazed if I make through the next two years, without having a psychotic break.  

 

*****************************    

 

"That's what you're wearing?" I ask and arch an eyebrow in Madison's direction. She quickly glances down at her ripped, low rider jeans, and faded Beatles shirt, then shrugs.     

"Yeah." She looks up and giggles at my black suit and tie. "Is that what you're wearing?"    

She's the only woman I've ever seen, who doesn't give a shit what she looks like. I realize that she isn't exactly an A-lister, but you'd think she'd put some thought into the fact that her picture will be splashed all over television, the internet and magazines.     

"You can't wear that. If we're supposed to make people believe we're together, you need to dress like it."
    

"Oh, so I need to find a skin tight dress and let my tits hang out? I'll get right on that." She rolls her eyes and pulls her hair up into a messy ponytail. "It's a movie, Justin. I don't know about you, but when I have to sit still for two hours, I prefer to be comfortable."    

"Look...can you please just change? People are waiting on us, and we're already running late."    

I'm trying really hard to be nice about this, but she makes it virtually impossible. It's like, she has to do the exact opposite of anything I say. I mean, is she too stupid to realize that I'm trying to help her?    

Maybe if she dressed like she gave a shit, she might not be seen in such a negative light. But, of course, listening to me would just be way too easy.    

"Why don't you change? Why can't you dress like you're with me? I'm bending over backwards to do what you and your people want...you need to start giving a little bit, since all you've been doing is taking."    

"Fine." I say through clenched teeth and head for the stairway. "Since you're the expert, you pick something out."    

She nods and follows me up to my bedroom, then goes straight for my closet.  She disappears for several minutes, before throwing a pair of jeans at me, followed by a red T-shirt, and white baseball cap.     

"That'll have to do, since apparently you dress like an uptight old man. Now, hurry up and change so we can leave." She doesn't move from her spot in front of my closet, and I look between her and the door a few times, while she gives me a blank stare.    

"You wanna get out?"    

"Whatever floats your boat, but don't worry...there isn't much to see there." She smirks as she struts out of the room.    

I quickly change into the clothes my "wife" picked out, and move to stand in front of the mirror. It doesn't look bad, but it's definitely not the type of thing I'd wear, when I'm going out somewhere to be seen.    

I try to not buy into all the celebrity horseshit, but I know, people hold me to a certain standard, and I do what I can to meet their expectations. I'm not saying I'm this perfect role model or anything, because I've done plenty of stupid shit in my time, but I don't want to let anyone down. People are used to seeing me well dressed and confident, but now...I look like I'm going to a basketball game.    

I slide my hat on, and make my way downstairs. Madison is already outside, chatting with my security team and showing off her wedding rings. I figured those guys would see through the entire thing, but it appears they're hanging on her every word.    

That's one thing I will give her credit for. The girl knows how to work a crowd.     

I don't know what it is, but there's something about her, that makes you pay attention. Maybe it's that self assuredness that I noticed in Vegas, or maybe it's the way she speaks. I don't know, but you just notice her, and for some unknown reason, you want to hear what she has to say.    

However, I'm pretty sure I'm becoming immune to her charm. That first night, she fascinated me, but after that, I kind of wished she'd just go away.     

I know, when my Momma meets her, she'll see through all of this. Momma knows me better than anyone, and she'll see just how awkward this makes me feel, and she'll probably call me on it.     

I think, out of all the lies I've had to tell, and the things I've had to do, lying to the people closest to me, is the one thing that stings the most. I get that Johnny doesn't want to take any chances, but there's no way my Momma would sell me out to the press.    

I step outside, and smile at the guys, before sliding my arms around her waist from behind, and placing a few kisses up the back of her exposed neck.     

Atleast, I didn't end up with a dog. Madison is pretty decent to look at, so that helps with the PDA side of this.     

She has these dark blue eyes, that change with her mood, and she does have a nice smile, on the rare occasion I actually get to see it. If she would get rid of the dark make-up, heavy eyeliner, and dress decently, she'd be a pretty attractive girl. But, I don't see that happening anytime soon, especially if I mention it.    

"Look at y'all. You're just too cute." Mike says sarcastically. "Lets' get moving."    

Madison jerks away from me, and climbs into the escalade. I swear, she makes her shirt rise up her back on purpose, just to show off her ass, and the tattoo on her lower back.      

I'm not exactly sure what it is, because all I can make out, are tribal bands, and what looks like a large, round symbol in the middle.     

I open my mouth to ask about it, but quickly stop myself.  Her husband would already know. He'd know what it means, why and where she got it, if it hurt.     

This is where our biggest problem lies, we know absolutely nothing about each other, yet we're supposed to make the world think, that we're happily married.  This can't work. Any logical person would see that.     

I'm seriously beginning to wonder about the sanity of the people who run my career.     

"This is all wrong." Madison mumbles as she pulls my hat off my head and tosses it on the floor.     

"What the hell? That's an 80 dollar hat."    

"You paid 80 dollars for a hat?" She asks with a laugh. "You need a new accountant." She starts to rummage through the massive bag, she calls her purse. You could seriously fit a family of four in that damn thing.    

Finally, she produces a small blue bottle of, what I can only assume is, hair product. She rubs some of it between her fingers, then quickly starts to work it through my hair. I don't know what the hell she's doing, but her fingers massaging my scalp, is actually pretty soothing. After a few minutes, she sits back and smiles at her work.    

"Much better." She hands me a small compact mirror, and I glance at my hair.    

"You can't be serious." I move to straighten my hair out, but she slaps my hands away.     

"It's a faux-hawk. It looks good. Leave it."     

I have the perfect response in my head, but I've got to be careful. One misstep on my part, could send this whole thing crashing down, and I don't even want to think about how Johnny would react to that.     

In the comfort of my own home, I can say and do as I please, but in the real world...I'm a happily married man, and I need to act like it.

 

****************************    

 

I step out of the car, and immediately, I can hear yelling and flashes go off all around me. Madison slides out behind me, and quickly laces her fingers through mine. All of the noise and flashes, almost triple.    

I should have expected this. For weeks, there's been all this speculation about why we haven't been seen together. I should have known this would be a big deal.    

We slowly make our way up the red carpet, stopping to pose for pictures every few minutes, and ignoring the dozens of questions being shouted at us. It's taking all I have to keep the smile plastered on my face.    

I'll be so glad when the novelty of our marriage wears off, because I absolutely hate this shit.    

"It's actually working, isn't it?" Madison asks through her wide grin.     

"Looks like it." I nod. "But we'll catch a bunch of shit for dressing like idiots."    

"So, I improve how you look, and I'm the idiot?"    

"Madison...don't start any shit here, alright?"    

"Of course, sweetheart." She smiles, then kisses my cheek quickly as we head into the theater.     

I'll admit, she plays the part pretty well. If I didn't know better, her smile and the way she leans into me, would even fool me.     

She puts on a good show, and maybe, that's why her fans ignore all of the shit that gets printed about her. Maybe, they see the girl, I'm seeing now. This smiling, happy, carefree girl, who couldn't possibly be all of the things her critics seem to think she is.     

Maybe, I was too quick to judge her. Hell, I'd give anything to be that reckless with my image. I'd kill for the chance to say and do whatever I wanted. Unfortunately, when I decided this was the career for me, I sacrificed everything. I agreed to let other people create my public persona, and I'm still obligated to do that.    

I never thought I'd hear myself say this, but I wouldn't mind being a little bit more like Madison Fox.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story