Author's Chapter Notes:
don't shoot! this one took way longer than I planned, life kind of got in the way, but hopefully you guys will think it was worth the wait! enjoy!

"What happens when you ask Justin Timberlake to give his best Michael Jackson impression? He delivers!  JT is currently in Chicago, joining wife Madison Fox on her whirlwind promotional tour for the first single off of her highly anticipated second album. But, it's not all work for these two. The couple took time out of their busy schedules to attend a Halloween party on Friday.  Timberlake delivered a stellar performance of Jackson's 80's classic, "Billie Jean", and only E! News has the exclusive footage, as well of photos of the couple decked out in their Bonnie and Clyde costumes."   

Madison giggles as a video of my drunk ass doing karaoke appears on television. Even I can admit, it is pretty funny, but it does bother me just a little.    

If we'd been at a party in my hometown, we wouldn't be watching this right now. Nothing that went on in Memphis, would have gotten out.    

Somebody at that party, sold us out.    

I mean, I know it's not really a big deal, but it's the principle.     

Several pictures flash across the screen, Madison's laughter dies, and she looks over at me, tears welling up in her eyes.    

"How...how'd they get my mom's pictures?"    

I really can't help feeling bad for her. I mean, I'm not saying her parents would sell pictures of her to the press or anything, but stranger things have happened and it is pretty odd that they've got the pictures her mother took in their home.    

Just yesterday, she got the pictures developed and gave Madison copies of them. This doesn't make any damn sense.    

She immediately grabs her phone and starts frantically dialing numbers. I'm not sure who she's calling, but I'd guarantee that Jc and Beth are probably on the list.    

I'm sure I'll be hearing from Johnny any minute now.    

I can't understand why things like this are getting out. Damn near everyday, we're seeing our lives splashed across television, the internet and magazines.    

I mean, I know Johnny wants our "marriage" all out in the open, but that only goes so far. Outside of interviews, photo shoots and public appearances, we are still trying to live our lives here. We don't need every second of our time broadcast to the world. If we did, we'd be doing some lame ass reality show.   

My phone rings loudly and I can't help but chuckle at the name flashing on the screen.    I knew it.    

"Hey Johnny...I just saw it."    

He lets out a long sigh and I can just see him shaking his head. "I think I've talked to almost all of Chicago in the last ten minutes."    

"Oh yeah?"    

"Yeah. We think someone in the bar may have been a fan and probably caught the video on a digital camera. As far the photos, Mrs. Fox had them developed in a drugstore there, and chances are good, the clerk made copies and sold them. E! paid a pretty hefty sum for them too."    

"You're being awfully calm about this."

"It could always be worse. Honestly Justin, I'm not too upset that this got out. It portrays you two as a normal couple, and that's exactly what we want. Not to mention the fact that it will just bring in more money."    

"Yeah...all about the image and the money, ain't it?" I mutter and roll my eyes. "I gotta go Johnny." Before he can respond, I snap my phone shut and turn it off.    

It absolutely kills me that he's totally cool with this. I mean, I have the utmost respect for the guy, and I couldn't even begin to thank him for everything he's done for me, but this just isn't right.    

I realize I made a huge mistake in marrying Madison, but I'm still a fucking human being. I'm not some God damned performing monkey, and I'm getting really tired of being treated like a dollar sign.    

I guess it's kind of stupid, but Madison's the one who's kind of been bringing this shit to my attention. She's the one making me realize how wrong all of this is. If it wasn't for her, I'd probably do exactly what I'm told, and keep my mouth shut.     

Through this whole thing, she's never had any problem voicing her opinion. She's let everyone know that she completely disagrees with all of it. Unfortunately, it's all fallen on deaf ears. Nobody seems to really care that we're sacrificing every aspect of our lives, just so they can make some money.     

More and more every day, I'm realizing that, that's exactly what this about. It's not about maintaining my good name, it's not about cleaning up Madison's image. It's all about the fucking money.

 

****************************************    

 

"Ya know...this past week has been pretty rough on her." Jc says quietly as he appears at my side.    

I nod slowly and smile as I watch Madison from behind the glass of the DJ booth. "You wouldn't know it though."    

"Yeah, she's tough man." He laughs and shakes his head.    

Rough doesn't even begin to describe our week in Chicago. Almost everyday, there were pictures and videos of us splashed across every media outlet in existence.    

Normally, it wouldn't be that big of a deal, however, the pictures that have been surfacing lately aren't the typical paparazzi photos. Most of them were taken on nights we were out with her friends or family, and some of them were actually taken by people we'd been with.    

Needless to say, a bit of suspicion began to rise. Someone close to Madison, is selling her out, it's just a matter of figuring out who.    

My first guess was Beth, but I've since been proven wrong. We've been in New York for three days and nothing else has come out. If it was Beth...it would still be happening.    

A small part of me thinks it may have been Chelsea. She had a damn camera with her everywhere we went, and she was constantly asking questions about our "relationship."    

I'm not accusing her or anything, but it all looks a little funny.    

Madison's handling the whole thing a lot better than I expected though. She's kept her cool and has pretty much ignored it. Which, is usually the best way to deal with these sorts of things.    

Luckily, it hasn't really turned into too big of a deal, yet. It's been pictures and updates on what we're doing, so really...it could be a lot worse. Johnny figures that as long as they aren't printing any crazy stories, we're alright.    

Madison finally steps out of the booth and smiles at us. "How'd it go?"    

"Really well, actually." Jc nods. "They want you to do some station promos, then you're free." She nods, then follows Beth down the hallway, leaving Jc and I alone again.    

We head into an empty conference room to wait for Madison, and I'm finding it damn near impossible to sit still. I know just how long those station promos can last and I am not looking forward to sitting around and waiting, but I don't have much of a choice.    

I still don't really understand why I had to come along on this trip. I get that it makes our "marriage" look more realistic or whatever, but there are much more important things I could be doing right now...like catching up on some damn sleep. I just came off of an almost year long tour...some rest would be appreciated, but I guess this is my punishment for kissing that girl in that club.    

"So...I've been doing some thinking." Jc says suddenly. "All of this press stuff is getting kinda weird, ya know? The stuff that's been coming out is a little too up close and personal."    

"Yeah, no shit man. I don't get it."    

"I don't either." He chuckles and shakes his head. "But...I've been keeping an eye on who's around when this shit goes down, and I can't help noticing that Trace has been there every time."    

Is he for real? He's known Trace as long as he's known me. He has to know that there is no fucking way Trace would ever do something like this. Hell...he's helped me cover shit up before, why would he suddenly sell me out?    

"Trust me C...it's not him."    

"You sure?"

"Positive man. C'mon...you know Trace."    

"I'm not accusing him or anything." He holds his hands up defensively and shakes his head. "I'm just trying to figure this thing out. I'm not trying to offend anybody."    

"It's cool." I shrug and take a sip of my water. "The one you probably need to watch out for is that damn Chelsea. She had a fucking camera everywhere we went and she asked way too many questions about me and Madison."    

"I'll call Johnny and have him check it out." He says with a short nod. "Just...do me a solid and don't tell Madison about this. She'd freak, and I really need her on her A game these next few weeks....it's make or break for her right now."    

"It's all good man."    

As long as Johnny is looking into this, there's nothing to worry about. He'll get to the bottom of it. I just hope he figures it out before it causes some real problems for Madison and I.    

Our situation is bad enough as is, we don't need any more stress or extra media scrutiny.

 

********************************    

 

"Morning popstar."    

I roll my eyes as Chelsea plops down next to me and grins. We've been back in L.A for less than 24 hours, and already she's decided to drop by. According to Madison, Chelsea has made an appearance in all of her videos and that tradition isn't about to change. Madison thinks she's some kind of good luck charm, or some corny shit like that.    

"Hey Chelsea." I smile politely and nod in her direction. "Madison's in wardrobe."    

"I figured." She chuckles. "They always spend hours making her all up, trying to get her to look like some bad ass, and she always looks like plain old Maddie to me."    

"Yeah, I know what you mean." I force a laugh and shake my head.    

I have no idea what she's talking about.    

I should probably do some research on the woman who's supposed to be my wife. I've never seen a single one of her videos, or even heard any of her original material. I mean, I know she has this rocker chick label tagged on her, so I can kind of assume what her sound is like, but there's no real way to tell without actually listening to it.    

Maybe, on my way home I'll stop somewhere and grab her album.     

It's kind of odd, but now that we're getting along, I'm finding her kind of intriguing. I still wouldn't say that I know her very well or anything, but I'm slowly picking up on some details. I've been paying much more attention when she talks during interviews and I had Trace look up some clips on Youtube.    

While she's working or sleeping, I'm holed up in my room, trying to learn everything I can about her.     

There's just...there's something about her that you just can't ignore. It's like you have to hear what she's going to say, or you just can't wait to see what she'll do next. It's weird as hell, and I can't explain it, but it's the truth.    

Besides, learning whatever I can about her, will only help our situation in the long run. The better we seem to know each other, the more believable this whole thing will be.     

We're still waiting for the Rolling Stone article to print, but general opinion is that it went really well. So much so, that Johnny has scheduled several more, similar interviews. Personally, I think the outcome of the Rolling Stone thing was a stroke of luck, so if we're going to do anything else like it, we need to step up our game.    

As long as things keep going the way they are now, I have no doubt that we'll pull this thing off, and who knows...maybe if we get through this, Madison and I can stay friends.    

At first, I probably would have gagged at that thought, but now...it doesn't seem like such a terrible idea. It took awhile for me to wake up, but now that I've kind of gotten over the initial shock of being married to a woman I don't know, I've realized that she isn't so bad. She can be pretty cool and sometimes, I think I might actually miss her if she was gone.    

"So...you guys have any big plans for the holidays?"    

Here we go again. I really wouldn't be surprised if she pulls out a camera and starts snapping my picture.     

I guess, her questions could all be taken as friendly curiosity....I mean, I did marry her best friend out of fucking nowhere, but something just isn't right about this girl. I can't even really figure out what it is, but something is definitely off.    

"Nah, not really. We'll probably spend Christmas and New Years in Memphis with my family."    

"That's cool." She nods slowly. "Maddie's parents won't be too happy though. Christmas is a pretty big deal for them."    

"Yeah, we'll figure something out."  I shrug and she drops the subject.    

"Hi Chelsea." Beth smiles sweetly as she takes a seat next to me. Chelsea rolls her eyes before muttering a short hello.    

That's something else that's a little strange...Chelsea is the only person I've met, who doesn't seem to think much of Beth. Granted, I had my doubts about her honesty and loyalty, but she's still a nice girl. She's a little on the shy and quiet side, but some people are just like that.   

A week or so ago, I was convinced that Beth was selling stuff to the press, but everything has died down since we left Chicago, which leads me to believe it's Chelsea.    

It sounds a little crazy, but I'd kind of like to test her, make up some ridiculous story just to see if it'd wind up in the papers tomorrow. I know it's a little out there, but it might be worth a shot.    

"Hey man...they want you in make up in a few." Trace announces as he takes the last seat.    

It's now or never. If I'm going to pull one over on Chelsea, this is my chance, especially while someone I trust is here. I'll need a witness and I trust Trace more than anyone in the world.    

"So...me and Madison were talking the other night, we think we're ready to have a baby." I smile as all three heads jerk in my direction. Trace gives me a strange look, before nodding in understanding.    

He knows exactly what I'm doing.    

"Are you kidding? That's a terrible idea!" Chelsea shakes her head and sighs. "The album is just coming out, she'll be touring, doing promotion. Could you have picked a worse time?"    

"We've got it all figured out. She's just going to take some time off. We both think family is more important than work."    

"Good luck with that then." She mutters before turning back to her magazine. Trace shakes his head and chuckles, while Beth remains silent, her eyes glued to her palm pilot.    

There....it's all set up, and now...I just have to wait for the inevitable. It's Chelsea...I know damn well it is.     

This time tomorrow, that story is going to be front page news, and it's all because of the greedy, selfish, backstabbing redhead sitting next to me.

 

*******************************************    

 

"Action!"
    

I lean back in my chair and give my best attempt at staring lustfully at my "wife", like I was instructed. Surprisingly, that isn't too difficult to do today cause the girl looks damn good.    

I swear to God, they had to have poured her into her ripped jeans and the white tank top and black vest she's wearing, should be illegal in all 50 states. It's low cut enough to be revealing, but still leaves a little to the imagination and it's sexy as hell.    

I could do without the dark, heavy make-up she insists on wearing, but for this...it actually works. Chelsea wasn't kidding when she said they try to make Madison up as some type of bad ass. They've succeeded, if you ask me. She looks like she could kick my ass in a heartbeat, but that's not stopping a single one of the numerous inappropriate thoughts that are racing through my mind.     

I could do things to that girl that would make her fucking head spin..    

Anyway...    

I'm not quite sure why I had to be in this video. I'll be on screen for maybe five seconds and my appearance has nothing to do with the song, or the video, but then again...the video has nothing to do with what I've heard of the song either.     

I've been trying to listen as closely as possible, to get a feel for her sound, but the music is so damn loud, I can barely understand the lyrics.    

I guess it sounds alright, it's just not really my thing.    

The video seems a little strange too. I didn't get to hear the full treatment, but I know it's centered around mostly performance shots in the makeshift bar that's been set up. There's also a room marked closed set, people have been running in and out of it all morning. There's really no telling what they've got planned.    

Contrary to popular belief, a director will close a set for whatever he or she, damn well pleases. Most of the time, it's reserved for nude scenes, surprise shots that aren't supposed to be leaked, or if there's just too damn many people around.    

With Madison, it could be any of the three.    

Cut is called after several minutes and I relax as the set gets a little quieter.     

I get Johnny's thinking behind having me pop up in Madison's video, but it still seems kind of stupid. I mean, what's the point of having me play the part of a guy in the bar, watching her sing? I'm basically an extra.    

Which, honestly...isn't such a bad thing. I'm so used to being the one getting pushed in a thousand different directions, told what to wear, how to move, which camera to look at. It's kind of nice to just show up, sit here and watch everything around me.         

"Bored?" Madison smirks as she plops down in my lap and throws an arm around my shoulders.     

"A little bit. It's kind of weird to not have this all revolving around me." I shrug. "You look...really good, by the way."    

She nods her thanks and gives me a small smile. "Where is everybody?"    

"Trace is doing some shit for me...Chelsea's in make-up, and Beth...I don't know where the hell she went."    

"Alright, well I'm gonna go find Chels...I think they're done with you, so you can probably head out."    

"Actually...I kind of wanted to warn you...some shit may come up tomorrow."    

"Such as?"    

"Let's just say...this time tomorrow, we'll know who's been selling shit to the press." I smile proudly and she rolls her eyes.    

"Nobody is selling us out, Justin. You've dealt with this shit enough to know that they'll always get a story...even if they have to make it up."    

"Then explain the pictures."    

"It's like Johnny said, whoever developed them probably made copies. Just let it go." She sighs and stands up before disappearing into the crowd.    

I think she's in denial. Deep down, she has to know that there's no way this is just some coincidence. Someone is intentionally doing this shit and they're making a hell of a lot of money off of it.    

Madison seems to have a little too much faith in people. She's way too trusting to be in the entertainment industry and if she doesn't start putting her guard up, it's going to cost her. Money makes people do crazy shit, and those people are capable of almost anything. They don't care who they hurt or what they destroy.     

I just hope I can make her see that before she ends up getting big time screwed.

 

*********************    

 

"And baby makes three? So it seems for America's favorite musical couple! Our sources close to Madison Fox and Justin Timberlake, say the couple is ready to settle down and start their family. Timberlake himself said that they both consider family to take priority over work, and Fox will most likely take an extended break from music. So, what does this mean for her upcoming album, slated for release next month? According to our source, Fox will make the talk show rounds while promoting the album, but will not tour."    

I knew it! I so fucking knew it!    

I knew that damn Chelsea couldn't be trusted, and here is the proof, word for fucking word!     

We can finally put a stop to this crap and hopefully, get back to the plans Johnny laid out for us. I'm sure he'll be calling about this any minute now, and I can't wait to tell him that I solved the big mystery on my own.    

God...I love being right.    

I hear the back door open and shut quickly, signaling Trace's arrival from the guest house. As soon as I saw the paper this morning, I called and told him to get his ass over here. He just has to see this.    

"What's up?" He asks as he strolls into the living room.    

"It worked man, all that shit I told Chelsea yesterday is in here." I toss him the magazine and he browses it quickly before giving me a skeptical look.    

"Are you sure man? I mean...there were a lot of people around yesterday...anybody could have heard you."    

"I'm telling you Trace...it's her."    

He shakes his head and lets out a loud sigh. "Look, you know I've got your back no matter what, but I think you're wrong about this. Madison and Chelsea have been best friends almost as long as we have, Chelsea selling Madison out, would be like me doing it to you."

"That's different." I mutter.    

"Not really." He shakes his head with a laugh. "I ain't buying it man. It could have been anybody."

"Whatever...Jace and Johnny think it's somebody close to us. They'll believe it."    

"I'm not saying it's not somebody around you...I just don't think it's her. She wasn't the only one around when you said all of that shit."    

"Whatever. I know I'm right." I grin as my phone rings. "And Johnny's about to know it too." Trace shakes his head sadly before heading into the kitchen.    

As soon as I answer, Johnny is going off, screaming at me for saying something so stupid and bringing even more attention to Madison and I. He's really starting to contradict himself. Originally, he said he wanted our marriage out in the open, but now it's like he wants to cover everything up.    

The only thing I can figure is that he's waiting for the unwanted publicity to die down before he takes complete control and does whatever the hell he wants with us.    

I explain everything to him, the way Chelsea acts around me, the questions she asks and how I set her up. He seems to think I'm onto something, says he's got some calls to make, then quickly hangs up.    

The ball is officially in motion.     

Almost another hour passes before Madison stomps down the stairs,  frowning and muttering to herself the whole way. Guess she finally heard the story of the day.    

"Please explain to me why, I just saw a story on E! about me retiring from music to start a family with you."    

"You're retiring? I thought you just wanted to take a year off to have the baby, sweetheart."      

She rolls her eyes and folds her arms over her chest. "Don't be cute. I'm not in the mood. What the hell did you do?"    

"I got the truth." I shrug and move into the kitchen, hoping Trace will offer some type of distraction.    

"The truth about what? I'm not having a baby, and I'm sure as hell not having one with you!"    

"I tried to tell you that one of your friends was screwing us...and it looks like I'm right."

"For the millionth time...Beth isn't doing anything Justin."    

"No, but Chelsea is."    

She takes several steps back and gives me a horrified look, like I just slapped her in the face or something.     

I guess I could use some training in the sensitivity department, but I'm right and I deserve to gloat a little. She had to know this was coming.    

"First you accuse my assistant, and now you're accusing my best friend? Get a fucking grip Justin! How do you know it's not your manager, who was so dead set on making us stay married? He's about as money hungry as it gets!"    

She's yelling...no, I take that back, she's screaming at me and all my traitorous best friend can do, is stand in the corner and laugh.     

I know there's a slight chance I could be wrong, but I've just got this gut feeling. It's Chelsea. It has to be, right? I know there's a lot of doubt surrounding this whole thing, but there's a lot of evidence stacked up against Chelsea.     

It's her. I know it is. I just have to make Madison see that her best friend isn't the person she thinks she is.

 

************************************    

 

"It's not her." Johnny says simply as he tosses several sheets of paper down in front of me. "I've had her followed for the past week, and there's nothing to indicate that she's sold anything to anyone."    

"So you can call off the witch hunt." Madison adds with a smirk.    

I ignore her and look over at Johnny. "Are you sure?"

"Positive Justin. I've talked to some of my contacts at E! and several of the magazines that have been running these stories. They've never heard of Chelsea Clark."    

"Come on Johnny...you know they never name their sources."    

"This is true, but you should know by now, that I have ways around those kinds of things." He grins widely and shrugs. "I do believe someone around you two is doing this, but obviously, it's not someone who knows the truth about your marriage."    

"Chelsea doesn't know the truth." I mutter and roll my eyes.    

"Be that as it may, it isn't her Justin. Just watch what you say and how you act from now on. Eventually, this will blow over." He gives me another wide smile and all I can do is nod.    

I have no choice but to trust him. There have been plenty of times where I've questioned his decisions, but he has yet to steer me wrong. Even with this marriage nonsense...as much as I was against it, he was right. The truth could have ruined me.    

"Jc and I have decided that it would be best if the two of you lay low until Christmas. Madison, your album is out in two weeks and you've got a lot of work ahead of you. You need to focus on that rather than media issues."    

I know she's beyond livid that I accused Chelsea of selling us out, and I guess...I can't really blame her. If she was accusing Trace, I know I'd be pissed.     

"Anyway...thank you for coming in. Give me a call if you need anything." Johnny dismisses us with a nod and we both move to stroll out of the office. "Oh, and Madison...next time you put a semi-nude scene in one of your videos, I'd like to know about it beforehand. Justin does have an image to protect, and having his wife prance around naked, doesn't help any."    

So, that explains the closed set. Call me a perv, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to seeing that video.      

In what has now become our routine, Madison laces her fingers through mine as we head out of the office, and make our way to my car. She doesn't say a word as we force our way through the crowd of photographers, and I'm starting to feel a little bad.    

Maybe I did jump to conclusions, but everything I saw and heard led me to believe it was Chelsea. I mean really, what the hell else was I supposed to think?    

When Madison slams the passenger door shut, I close my eyes and take a deep breath. Flipping out and acting like a dick isn't going to help this, so I'll do the adult thing, admit I was wrong and apologize.    

"Look...I..."    

"Save it." She interrupts me and rolls her eyes.     

"I'm sorry, alright? Everything just looked a little funny."    

"Whatever. It doesn't matter."    

I really am trying here. I mean, I was trying to get this thing figured out for her, I was...I guess I was trying to protect her. I know how it feels to be used by the people around you, and I don't want to see anyone go through something like that.    

"You wanna grab something to eat before we head home?"    

"I don't care."     

"Come on Madison, work with me here."    

I've been told all my life, that I'm horribly stubborn, but I don't have anything on Madison. When she's angry, she's unrelenting and it's virtually impossible to get her to budge an inch. She'll stay pissed until she feels like calming down, and there isn't a thing I can do about it.    

"Work with you? That's what I've been trying to do for three months and you make it fucking impossible Justin."

"I said I was sorry, can't you just drop it? Jesus."     

"I'll drop it when you get over yourself and realize that the world isn't out to get you. Not everybody has an ulterior motive, and...I think you owe Chelsea a HUGE apology."    

"Fine." I say through gritted teeth as I swing into the parking lot of a small diner, not far from my house.     

For awhile there, I really thought we'd made some progress. I thought we'd finally put all the bickering behind us. So much for that truce I guess. She continues to rant as we head into the restaurant and that's when it finally hits me.    

We argue like...like an actual married couple.

Chapter End Notes:

a couple weeks ago, someone(i'm sorry i forgot who...i'm kind of a scatter brain!) asked if i had anyone in mind as Chelsea, so without further ado...i give you Chelsea Clark! lol

 

 

Photo was taken from a Google Image Search

Ashlee Simpson

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story