Author's Chapter Notes:

thought i'd add some pics of the characters, how i imagine them:

Brooke: 

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee115/taratribbiani/thumb_9db2f1042eabeb7371fde61ab3513.jpg

 

Sara:

 http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee115/taratribbiani/Sarah_Connor_2.jpg

 

Justin <3 (yea ok, u all know how he looks... still):

 http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee115/taratribbiani/JustinTimberlakepicture3.jpg

 

 

 

After 3 weeks I managed to tidy up, vacuum and wash the dishes, that were turning into very dangerous towers especially in the dark. Today is the day. Back to work and pretend everything's okay. Sara was going to pick me up and drive me, seeing as I hadn't been out in daytime for nearly a month, and she probably wanted make sure I wouldn't chicken out and just stay at home. Just as I was putting on finishing touches of my make-up, she rang the doorbell. 

"Wow girl, you look great!" she exclaimed, admiring my freshly ironed blouse and suit.

I smiled at her and nodded. "I feel ready!" I was rather trying to convince myself than tell her. 

"I'm proud of you girl, you definately are" 

Yea right, I thought to myself. But I didn't want to ruin my fresh start, and we sped off in her convertible. 

"I'll pick you up at 6 then?" she smiled reasuringly, as we pulled over. I nodded, took a deep breath and got out of the car. I watched her speed away, the wind blowing through her blonde hair, waving at me, looking back at me in the rear-view mirror. I walked into the building, even though everything inside me was struggling against it. I hate my job.

So, now I’m sitting here at my desk, with an enourmous pile of work to do, yay. It is my fault after all. I should just get over stuff more quickly. It’s not a first after all. I’m getting a teeny bit bitter about this here. I guess that’s not a good sign. Oh no. Hete comes my boss.

My boss, Shirley, is not just in a higher position than me, but she’s unbelievably good-looking, very young and earns like ten times as much money as I do. You gather, I hate this woman. She doesn’t look too happy either.

„Brooke, I have no idea what illness this is that kept you away for a month, but you better get the presentations, that happened to be due 2 weeks ago, done. You have 5 days. And they better be really good if you want to continue working with us. We need new schemes for the promotions next week as well. You better get a move on if you want to keep up with everyone else. Good luck.“ All this she said with absolutly no emotion.

I can’t believe she didn’t even ask what happend, that I was ill for so long of if I’m better. Well, it saves me having to make something up. Cow. I hate her so much. How am I going to deal with all this? Did I mention she looks really hot. I wish I could cut her legs off, they are so unbelievably long. She doesn’t need them anyway. She can boss people around sitting as well.

„She doesn’t like you very much, does she?“

An unknown voice startles me from behind. I turn around to see a gorgeous man I have never seen before standing behind me. I mean, I’m not hard on the eyes or anything, I’ve had my share of good-looking men, but this guy… He’s tall, lean, athletic. He has wonderful hands. I have this thing for hands, and his are perfect. His grey-blue eyes pierce into mine.

Brooke. Focus.

„Who are you??“ I blurt out. Yea Brooke, keep it friendly, that’ll leave a great impression.

„You haven’t been here for a while huh? I’m the hot new guy“ he grins. He has nice teeth. But I’ve had my share of good-looking arrogant men. I’ve had enough.

„I have a lot of work to do, so if you don’t mind, I would appreciate it if you blessed someone else with your hotness.“ I turned back to my work.

He actually chuckled. Whatever. I hate him.

I hate a lot of people at the moment. It’s not very good for my state of mental health. I’m going to turn into this nutcase that starts murdering random people, just because I feel like it, like that Monday killer.

Focus, Brooke.

I look down at the pile of paperwork in front of me. It’s going to be a long day. I call Sara and tell her I’m probably going to have to work overtime to get today’s share done. She’s overjoyed I have my motivation back and I don’t bother telling her that I have to do it or I’d lose my job.

It’s 10 pm when my eyes start to get all bleary. I need to get the day and night contact lenses. Anyway, I can’t be bothered to do anymore, and I’m really hungry. I didnt take a lunch break, because I thought that would be a waste of time. I get up and realize I’m not alone. The new guy is sitting at his desk scribbling away. He suddenly looks up and catches me looking at him.

„Can I help you with anything babe? Or is staring at me doing you enough?“

God I hate this guy.

„I’m not babe. My name is Brooklyn Welsh. And I am going to leave now.“

I am going to leave now?? Brooke, that was the lamest comeback ever. I am ashamed. I’m just about to leave, where he grabs my arm and turns me around.

„Hey listen, I’m just kidding. I’m Justin by the way. Sorry we got off wrong, it’s my humour. I tend to forget people don’t know me, and might think I’m serious“ He smiles at me goofily. It is kind of cute I guess. I just look at him. He’s shizophrenic. Weirdo.

„Anyway,“ he rambles on „Isn’t Shirley a bitch, ranting off at you like that, even though you must have been seriously ill, seeing as you were away for such a long time.. Do you feel better know? What happened- o wait that’s probably not something I should ask, it’s nothing to do with me- I’m starving GOD Are you hungry?“

I can’t believe a guy can talk this much. I just nod.

„Sorry I talk alot sometimes.“ You’re telling me! „So i wanted to ask you if you could have a look at these“

He leads me to his desk, and shows me a few notes he’s made. „You’ve been here longer, so I thought you could go over them and see if they’re ok?“

„Sure“ I say. Stupid to ask me though. Obviously Shirley loaths me for a reason. The reason is I like to do things my way and she thinks she’s the boss of everyone. Which technically she is, but you know what I mean.

His stuff looks okay. I tell him that, and add that I’m off. I need a good night’s sleep.

„Wanna grab something to eat together before you go?“

He’s really weird. I don’t know him! He could be a murderer or a rapist or.. I’m just paranoid. Still-

„Na I’ll eat at home. See you tomorrow.“ And I leave, not leaving time or space for discussion.

That was probably rude. To hell with it, I need my bed.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story