Author's Chapter Notes:

Justin's POV

How could she not want to get dinner with me? I was so nice to her! I even asked for her stupid opinion on my ideas. She’s probably going to steal them now. As if I needed her help on anything. I was blinded by her looks.

As usual.

I’m pathetic. I guess everyone has a weakness. I have a weakness for beautiful women. A great big weakness. I’ve let too many beautiful women mess with my mind in the past.

 

This woman. She’s amazing. The moment I saw her wild hair and her big black eyes, I needed to talk to her. I didn’t really know what to say, she looked busy. Not to mention important in her cute little suit. I do have a guilty conscience though, because the moment Shirley saw me checking her out, she gave her that speech. She seems to be mad at everyone of my co-workers I speak with. Well, if she is a women anyway.

She liked me the moment she saw me, she hardly even glanced at my application, which I worked so hard on. She just told me I have the job and started flirting with me. I guess that’s her idea of an interview.

 

But I just won’t flirt with my boss. I want to be taken seriously by her, I’m darn good at what I do and she’ll have to see that eventually.

 

Anyway, back to Brooke. Maybe she’s gay. That would explain it. Or she’s married. But I didn’t see a ring. I’ve never been so intrigued by a chick. She was bitchy to me aswell. AND she declined going to grab something to eat. It wasn’t even a date. She really should have said yes. Great. I feel like an idiot. She must think I’m really desperate to get laid.

 

Maybe I talked to much. But what was I supposed to do? I tried being smart and cocky, but she wouldn’t go for that. She just made me nervous.

 

I’d like to see her nervous. It’d turn me on to see her blush. Oh what I’d give to get her to blush. It’s probably impossible though. She’s so confident and cynical. She seems the type of girl that won’t take shit from noone.

 

I’m not even hungry anymore. It’s late, but I think I’ll drop by the bar opposite the office, for a Jack and coke.

 

I sit myself at the bar, order a drink and start small talk with the bar keeper. He’s a nice guy, from the south, like myself. Chilling here the last few weeks after work has become a sort of ritual. I’m new in town and I work most of the time, so making friends hasn’t been an issue. Joe, the bar keeper, is the closest thing to a friend I’ve made here.

 

"How was work?"

 

"Same as usual, Shirley’s still trying to get me to hit on her. It’s tiring. But there’s this new chick at work, she’s a hottie. But I think she’s a bitch..."

 

"The hot ones nearly always are, I guess I got lucky with mine" he smiles.

 

I met Joe’s girlfriend a few days ago, when she came by to visit him. She isn’t really my type, but she’s cute if you go for that bleach blonde happy-go-lucky skinny type. I like girls with a bit of meat on their bones. Especially their butt. Brooke had a really nice one.

 

God, I need to Stop thinking about her.

 

I empty my glass in one go, and Joe asks me if I want another.

 

"I better get going Joe, Work tomorrow." I grad my coat and climb of the stool.

 "Hey Justin" Joe stops me. "I’m moving in with my girl, and we’re having tis house-warming party this weekend. Maybe you’d like to go, get to know some people? It’ll be chilled, a few people and a few drinking games" he grins.

 

This guy is great. He hardly knows me and is inviting me to this event, just cause he knows I’m lonely. He must feel real sorry for me.

I’m so sad. Still, won’t say no to a chance to get to know some people-

 

"Sounds cool, I’m up for it. Thanks man."

 

He nods to me as I leave… A party. Sounds good. Maybe I’ll meet some to get my mind off this Brooke chick.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story