Author's Chapter Notes:

Lyrics belong to Amy Winehouse. You gotta love this woman :)

~Brooke's POV~

"You HAVE to come! It'll be so much fun!"

Sara can be so persuasive and tiring. I've been discussing this with her for ages, and she just won't quit.

"Seriously Sara, I have so much work to do, I have to catch up. I've had enough party the last few weeks to last me a lifetime. Enough already!"

I must admit this is only half of the reason I don't want to go to her stupid housewarming party. As much as I love this girl, I really can't be asked to spend all night watching her cuddle with her adorable boyfriend she's moving in with.

Joe is great. He owns his own bar, on the same street my office is and he's kind and good-looking and sensitive. In other words, he's everything Sara deserves and they are great together. I really can't deal with them as the perfect couple they are now. It's sad how bitter I've become, but I really can't take it, even though I hate myself for it.

But the really awful part of all this is, Sara and Joe have no single friends. There's going to be couples EVERYWHERE. Really, I can not be bothered with this. 

"Pleeease come!" she's whining now. I don't get it. Even if I do come, it'll not make the slightest difference to her night. She'll be all over Joe anyway.

"I'm not coming, get over it."

That was kind of harsh I guess, but she has to get the message. The reason she's trying to convince me is because she thinks I'll have fun there, but I know I won't, so I'm not going. "I've already seen the appartment a million times anyway..."

"But what are you gonna do all night then??"

Probably have a lie down in the bath with a bottle of wine and some music to unwind actually. But I can't tell her that, she'll insist even more that I come.

"I need to catch up with some work and I need an early night. Not enough sleep lately"

At last she gives in. A few hours later I'm lying in the bath tub and have emptied half a bottle of wine, and I feel absolutely great. No more men. Just me and this bathtub, wine in my glass and winehouse in my cd-player.

I sing along, realizing that only now I've fully understood the lyrics to their extent. I've always loved her, but I feel like I really grasp what she means now.

He walks away, the sun goes down
He takes the day, but I'm grown
And in your way, in this blue shade
My tears dry on their own

I don't understand
Why do I stress the man?
When there's so many real things at hand
We could have never had it all
We had to hit a wall
So this is inevitable withdrawal
Even if I stop wanting you,
A perspective pushes through
I'll be some next man's other woman soon
Can I play myself again?
Or should I just be my own best friend?
Not f''k myself in the head with stupid men...

I'm in total serenity and at peace with myself, when my phone rings and those stupid sunglasses at night make me leave my wonderful bath and freeze to death searching for where I chucked my cell phone.

It's Sara. She cannot be serious! I take the call anyway, with a bitchy "What?!?"

"Brooke, Brookey. You have to come. Quick! Please. I don't know what to do!" Shit. She's crying hytericallyand slurring her words.

"What's going on?! Where are you?" I ask.

 

~Justin's POV~

I cannot believe this shit is happening.

Everything started out great. I found the adresse quite easily, and I bought them a bottle of some delicious Absolut Red as a housewarming gift.

We chilled and I got to know some people. It was a bit tiring, because there were just couples. Watching them, how sweet they are together, it's great, but you always feel a bit lonely.

I'm fine with being single, it's really fun actually, but I don't want to see all the great sides to not being single rubbed in my face a whole night.

So much to meeting new chicks, by the way. But Joe was great, he came up to me and apologized, he thought Sara's best friend is coming, who happens to be single and very hot, at least that's what Joe says. But she wasn't feeling up to it. I told him not to worry and that I was having a great time, which wasn't a lie.

At some point we decided to do some shots and well, you know how it is, we did a few more. I must admit I learned lots of new drinking games. All in all, we were having a great time.

Later we had nothing left to drink, which actually suprised me quite a bit, because we had had so much to start with. Joe decided to go to the bar, he mentioned a bottle of Jim Bean he felt like, so everyone that was left and hadn't gone home yet, cheered him on. This included me, his girlfriend Sara and another couple whose names I've already forgotten. 

Nobody asked him how he was going to get there. Even though we all said afterwards we thought he was going to take a cab, I think we just didn't think about how he was going to get there. We didn't really care.

This is the reason I usually drink less.

So we were waiting for him to come back and noone went to check on him or anything, even though he had the taken more time than it would to walk there and back. But nobody had really noticed, until we got that call. From the hospital.

Joe had taken his car.

Sara was so in shock and quite a bit drunker than me, so i took the phone off her to figure out what had happened. Apparently Joe was okay, he caused an accident, but except a major damage to the car, the shock and his arm being sprained nothing had happened thank God.

I felt so stupid as I called a cab to get us to the hospital. We should have realized that Joe might do something stupid. 

But I can't be bothered to think about that right now, I just keep my arm around Sara trying to calm her down, while she calls her friend to tell her we're at the hospital.


Incomplete
cookiesandmilk is the author of 0 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked Salvation also liked 206 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story