Story Notes:
This is something I have wanted to try for a long time. Let me know what you think.
The Prince looked at her after they made love.

"What are you thinking?" He asked.

"I do not know. What are you thinking."

He touches her softly, "I don't ever want to leave you. You mean so much to me."

She smiled at him, "Really?"

"Yes, you feel it too. We have found each other." He brushed his hand against her cheek.

"I am too. It just took too long but finally, its happened. No more being alone." She said, sadly.

"I know, I was such a fool to ever think I could live without you. I always knew it was fate."

She smiled, "I never thought it would be this way. I mean, if the King should ever find out, there's no telling what he might do. Lord forbid, I don't know. I want to be careful."

"My lady, there's nothing to be worried about. Some way, we will be together. I won't leave you, no matter what the King says. I will have you in my life."

She started to rise from the bed but he took her hand, "I must be back to work. They will worry if I'm not where I should be."

He smiled and pulled her close, "They will not. You're exactly where you should be. You need not worry of your duties."

She pulled back to look him in his eyes, "But they will ask questions. They will find out. And they could send me away. I couldn't bare to do that to you."

He kissed her so hard it almost made her cry. She cried a little and tried to push it back.

He kissed her cheek and lingered there for a moment. "I know. I don't want you to worry. This will not happen. Not to us. Not while I'm Prince."

"I want to believe you, I do. I have nightmares. I don't know what is going to happen now. We bedded before God. I've committed a sin. I feel I will be punished. I am not pure."

He cupped her face into his hands, "Love is stronger than the word of God. I have my faith in his words but I believe in what we have more. I truly believe this in my heart."

"I do love you. I can't help how I feel about this. It isn't going to end happy. I must go, please don't come after me."

She stood up and got dressed in her ratty clothes. She knew who she was. She didn't belong in court. She would never betray the King and now she has. Her stomach was beginning to freeze and she felt weak. She could feel the blood rushing to her head.

"I love you, does that mean nothing to you my lady? What must I do to make you believe?" the Prince pleaded with her.

She turned around after she'd fashioned on the last of her clothing. She opened her mouth to speak, looking calmly in his eyes, "You can leave me be."

"If this is your wish then I cannot accept. I cannot live without you lady. I will not, no matter what my father or the Kingdom say. I will never leave you."

She turned around again, fixing herself to look more presentable. She goes to leave but stops, "I am sorry. Call it a premonition, I fear much pain will come the more I betray my King. No matter what my heart says, I will do my duty. I love you my Prince. I wish you well, please, leave me."

The peasant girl leaves his chambers. It is over. How will life possible go on?

Just then, the door opens once more. It is a servant, "Sire, the King calls for you."

The Prince stares at the door then up to the servant bowing and rising. "Be away you."

Another bow, "Sire." His servant leaves his chambers.

The Prince ran his hands over his face, tired and ragged. He felt enraged. He can't give up on this, no matter what the consequences. They love each other. He would do anything to have her with him. Somehow, he must find a way. He must. But defy the King? He questioned his heart. He already knew the answer.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story