The peasant girl scrubbed the dishes until they were spotless. She had thrown herself into her chores. She took orders; she wasn't acting foolish like she had been with the Prince. She didn't realize how much trouble she would be getting herself into had she not had the nightmares. They were very real. They predict the future.

 

She had to leave him. But she can't change her feelings. No matter what she busied her days with. She used to fight her emotions before. But every time he was around, it was just different. It was almost like the Prince had her under some spell that she couldn't awake from.

 

She was scared. After she cleaned all of the dishes, pots, and pans, she placed them into the cubberts to dry. She wiped the backs of her hands on her apron and took a deep breath to relax. There was more to do but she was tired. She never felt this tired before. Her work had always normally left her tired but it wasn't but the early morning. She had barely started.

 

She glanced into the mirror and noticed her face for the first time in months. The face was covered in sweat. Her cheeks were pink and flushed. She did look different. She hadn't noticed she had been crying as well. She ferociously wiped her eyes dry. Her posture was weak and she was growing faint. She needed to sit down straight away.

 

She relaxed her body on the sharp wooden chair in the corner of the room. She started sweating again. Her face was flushing red.

 

She placed a hand on her cheek, "Oh dear."

 

Her head started to ache once again. Pumping. Surging. The pain was siring all over her body. She had never felt something like this before.

 

She grabbed at her heart, breathing deep, almost too hard. She could feel the pumping accelerate and before she knew it, she started to grow sicker. She shivered now. Alone and cold in the kitchen.

 


 

The Prince stormed from the dinner table in a huff. He knew his father would not understand. It was hopeless to tell him anything without that raging voice permeating the castle walls.

 

What was he going to do now? How was he going to live like this? Live without her? His heart broke when he thought of her. He is the Prince of England; he can have anyone he wants. Any woman in all England. But he always wanted her. Ever since she served his family.... He had watched her, around the castle. Sneaking precious looks when she would hide herself.

 

He heard footsteps behind but didn’t turn around. “Sire, your father calls for you. He says it’s most urgent.”

 

Nothing mattered anymore. Nothing mattered endless he could freely be with the woman he loves. “Go away.”

 

“Sire, he sounds mad.” The servant scurried away as the Prince continued to hide his face.

 

“How will I go on without being with my love? I cannot betray my kingdom. My father will not understand such feelings. I can love whoever I want. Nobody will tell me that. The King cannot control who I should be with. She is my love, she is my life. What am I going to do?”

 

Just then, another servant came stumbling toward the Prince and this time, he felt scared and turned around. “Sire, there’s news. It’s most important. It’s your Lady.”

 

The Prince’s eyes bugged out and he felt as if he was struck in his heart, “What is it? Speak?”

 

The servant urged with his wild eyes behind him, “Something is wrong. Something has happen. She calls for you before the spell had taken over her.”

 

The Prince looked behind then back at the servant and searched his eyes, “Where is she?”

 

“I found her in the kitchen. She was under the sleep spell when I had found her. Please, Sire, you must hurry. She calls you in the maid’s chambers.”

 

The Prince speed into the direction of the main chambers. What is wrong? Has someone, something hurt her. All of these questions rushed through his head as he hurried toward his love.

 

“God, please mercy. Don’t forsake my love. Please don’t let it be too late.”

 

The Prince finally reached the chambers and stopped at the crowd in front of him. Had she gone?

 

“Noooooo!”



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story