She laid in bed calling his name. She just kept calling, like it made a difference. Maybe he would save her from the chills. Make her stop shaking so hard. She shivered all over her body. She felt like she was on fire but freezing at the same time.

There was a shooting pain running up and down her arms. She could barely move them. She could also barely hear the faint voice come close to her.

Her vision was tired and sugary. Her eyes were slits to the Prince. He gazed at her gently and brushed her cheek.

He turned back to the crowd that hovered around the scene with fiery blue eyes.

"Leave us. And make sure my father doesn't enter." He ordered, trying not to raise his voice.

One of them dared to step forward, "But Sire, he is the Ki-"

"Do NOT tell me who my father is. Do as I say and Go! Now!"

The Prince's booming voice scared the bumbling servants away from the chamber. He stood up to closed all the curtains, blocking out all unnecessary light. He came back to bed and picked up the clean cloth laying on the night stand. He wiped around her face, very careful not to do it so roughly.

Her eyes were closed and it looked as if she was sleeping. He finished wiping her face and knelt down next to her. He took one of her hands and held onto it. He chose his words carefully.

"Please, wake up. I haven't had much time to-"

She moaned awake and opened her eyes. She stared at the sealing, blinking several times before looking to him.

"What happened...? Hmm, how did I get here?"

The Prince kissed her hand and came closer.

"I don't know. But you're better now? Do you feel better my lady?"

She blinked softly and looked directly in his eyes. "I'm feeling ill. I don't know what is happening. I wish to the heavens I knew."

He nodded, kissing her hand sharply once again. "You needn't worry, my Lady. If you are sick, I will take care of you. I will call the doctors; one should know what the issue is. How are you feeling right now?"

"Sire-" her head started hurting again, this time it was really painful. "I feel I am going mad. I feel like my world is punishing me, for loving you. And it is."

"For loving me? Oh no, I know how you feel. This is not a punishment. I will find a way. I give you my word. The King will have no say in this matter. If The King can break rules, then so can I. Love is stronger then anything. I will find a way. I promise you my Lady, its alright."

Silence. Her breathing finally returned to a calm stream. She closed her eyes and tried to not think about what The King will say. If he found out, she didn't want to think about what he will do. What he will do to her family. Her mother and father. They were are servants as well. Her mother was serving as The Queen's chambermaid. Since the war, her father had been serving in the English Army and has since been home, but badly injured.

The King will do horrible unspeakable things. She believes this. She cursed herself for falling for a royal. Fighting it was a better way to handle her feelings. She is poor. She has nothing to offer the Prince. This is not love. The Prince could have anyone in his bed. A Princess, a Dutchess, it doesn't matter. Why her?

"Why are you doing this? This is not right. Nothing about it feels right."

The Prince looked at her, confused. He wasn't sure he heard her right.

He smiled softly and touched her cheek, "You are everything to me. Everything. I will not stop until we can be together. I am trying. The King will not stop me. You are my life. Please don't speak this way. I know its difficult to barely. Please have faith in our love?"

She shook her head, "No. My Prince, you do not understand the words I say. I have to stay away from you. I cannot put my family in danger. I cannot."

"Your family is safe. Nothing will happen to them. I promise you." He reassured her.

She weakly started to sit up and leaned her back against the cold wall, "No, they are not. If anything, things are going to get much worse. I cannot hide behind my King. I'm only serving his commands. You should leave me be. This has gone on far enough."

The Prince couldn't believe his ears. She can't be serious, "You do not mean this my Lady. My actions are strong than these words. I will have you in my life. We are not going to hide. Please, I beg of you, I cannot stay away from you. Not when I've already confessed my feelings. I'd sooner die then loose you."

She sat up a little more straighter now. Her eyes and senses fully awake. "Then you shall die."

He broke inside, "No..."

Incomplete
JoLove is the author of 0 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked Right Here Waiting also liked 430 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story