Chapter Two.

            Cierra sat in the very back of the oversized black van with extremely tinted windows and Adriana was in the middle seat, alone. She watched as Justin walked through the crowd of photographers, all screaming his name. Man, does he looked pissed, Cierra thought. “So the movers knew which room to put the beds in right?” She asked Adriana, who just nodded in response. “I just want to make mine and go to bed. I can worry about unpacking and eating after I’ve had 12 hours of sleep.”

            Tony shook his head, “We’ll stop somewhere and get you something. I heard ya’ll complain too.”

            Cierra leaned her head back and groaned, “Thank you. I’m miserable.” Tony laughed. Suddenly, two jackets were thrown into the very back seats and Tony was yelling something about covering their heads. The girls did as they were told and they soon found out why. The right side door suddenly opened and the van shook as two bodies rolled in. One of the people ended pushing Cierra closer towards the window. The sound of clicking was louder and the shouting was even worst. They were angry voices, Cierra could tell. They were calling Justin various names yet still clicking a hundred miles an hour. As soon as the door shut, the van jerked forward suddenly and Cierra pulled the jacket tighter over her head. I couldn’t live like this, she thought.

            After what seemed like forever, she heard his voice whisper from beside her, “you can breathe now and remove the jacket if you want. I’m sorry for scooting into you.”

            She removed the jacket from her face and looked around. Adriana still had her jacket over her head; she was sitting in the middle seat in front of Cierra. “It’s okay. AJ,” She said, using her college nickname, “you can take your jacket off. AJ?” Pulling the jacket back slowly she noticed AJ’s eyes were closed and her breathing even. “My God. How do you fall asleep during that?” Everyone in the van laughed, but all AJ did was lean more towards the window. Rolling her eyes, Cierra leaned back in her seat. Only then did she realize just how many people were in the van and who was sitting next to her,

            “So do ya’ll always travel like this?” Everyone nodded. “Okay then. That was … slightly intense. Why the jackets?” She asked, handing the one she had back to another man sitting in front of her with AJ.

            Justin leaned his arm across the back of the seat so it was behind her head, “Sorry, this is more comfortable. Well, unless you want your face plastered all over the internet with people speculating which one of you is the one I was fucking and thus being the reason Jessie and I broke up, the jackets help.”

            Cierra sat back and crossed her arms, “Are you always this much of an ass?” She asked then continued without giving him a chance to answer, “I’m sorry I don’t live everyday like you, nor would I want to actually. It was a question. I’m not used to being approached in an airport at 4 am by a really scary black dude, in a city I am coming to for the first time since picking my apartment, offering me a ride home to find out that guy works for none other than Justin Timberlake who just happens to have 20 photographers waiting for him outside to pounce on. I am sorry that our lives crossed paths this morning and thus making your life oh so much harder.” She kept her voice even, hoping to not wake AJ. She then noticed the van had gotten awful quiet and everyone else was pretending to be engaged in their cell phones, minus the driver. Suddenly the red light they were stopped out became extremely interesting.  Cierra turned her head to look out the window, the light changing and the van starting to move again.

            “Are you always this much of a bitch?” He questioned in return, almost regretting it when she turned to look at him, her soft brown eyes wide and even angrier than before but he continued, “We helped you. We could’ve let you walk out right behind us and left you to fend for yourselves. We could’ve said ‘fuck them’ and let you catch a cab and probably still be sitting at the airport while those assholes got in their cars to follow. But no, that big ‘scary black guy’ you are referring too asked. I agreed. This city isn’t exactly the safest this time of night and two pretty ladies like you arriving this late to an airport looking vulnerable was a dumbass move on your part. So before you go smart mouthing people, who you should be thanking, you should really try thinking.” His light blue eyes had suddenly darkened and Cierra sighed.

            “I already thanked them, just so you know”

            “What am I? Chopped liver?” He questioned, turning slightly to look at her. His anger still very apparent in his eyes

            Cierra grinned and laughed, “Basically.” He face softened and smiled back, “Are you always this hard to stay mad at?” Cierra nodded.

            “Yes. I lived with her for four years and I never won an argument.” AJ piped, her eyes never opening. Everyone started to chuckled again and Tony spoke, “I like you girls. We never laugh this much when it’s just him.”

            Justin pretended to look hurt and turned to face forward, his arm never leaving from behind Cierra, “Jerk.” He looked over at Cierra who was leaning against the window, her eyes closing. He nudged her head with his hand and she turned slightly to look at him, “Can I help you?”

            He grinned and nodded towards his shoulder, “Might be more comfortable than the glass.”

            She rolled her eyes and leaned her head against his shoulder, “You’ll do for now until I get to my bed.” Tony looked in the rearview mirror from the front passenger seat and smiled, “Do you still want food?”

            Cierra shook her head, “Thank you but I don’t think I can stay awake long enough.” Her eyes closing and within minutes, the long hours on the plane started to kick in. She never heard what Tony’s response was.

            No one saw the cameras flashing at the stoplight.

 

 

            Cierra was dreaming she was floating. She could hear voices but couldn’t make out what they were saying. The voices were becoming slightly clearer as she came out of the dream, realizing she was floating, she was being carried. “We should probably try harder to wake them now, Justin. I have no clue which one is their apartment.” She heard Tony say, humor in his voice.

            She felt Justin sigh and then heard, “Cierra, you have to wake up now. We have been trying for almost 45 minutes. I’m going to sit you on your feet and if you fall over well … my reflexes are not that quick at six in the morning.” She felt her feet touching the ground and opened her eyes slightly, her back pressed against something hard. It took her a minute to realize it was Justin’s chest. “You guys suck.” She managed to get out before reaching for her purse, which Justin slid off his shoulder and handed to her. She giggled tiredly, “Nice accessory. How’d you get me out of the van?”  

            He smiled, “Just get your keys out so we can help carry your stuff upstairs before people start waking up. Oh, and you got out on your own. Leaned against me and fell back asleep.”

            “So do not remember doing that. Mmm… pretty boy doesn’t want a party in the front yard?” She rummaged through her purse as AJ greeted two men walking from inside the apartment building, heading towards the open trunk of the van for their stuff, “They have bellboys or whatever they are called to help with our luggage. You guys don’t have to stay.” She wobbled a little.

            Justin put out a hand to steady her; the sudden contact of their skin had him snatch his hand back, “Are you sure?” He asked his voice a little shaky.

            She looked at him and raised an eyebrow slightly, questioning, before shaking her head and turning towards AJ who was hugging Tony bye, “I’m sure. You guys get home. Thanks a lot, again.” She hugged Justin quickly before walking over and giving Tony a hug, “it was nice meeting ya’ll but I really want to go back to sleep now.”

            She stood with AJ while the men piled back into the van, waving before they pulled off. AJ linked her arm with Cierra, “So, think anyone is going to believe us?” They turned and headed towards their building.

            Cierra laughed and shook her head, “Most definitely not.”

 

 

            Justin sat back in his seat and closed his eyes. “Those photographers could’ve cared less about those two.”

            Tony grinned, “I know. But I saw the way you were looking at Cierra. Figured I could try and find some way to help. It’s easy when you are a superstar, kid. Play the pity card.”

            Justin smiled, eyes still closed, “You are ridiculous. I just got out of a relationship, oh what? 10 hours ago? I doubt getting into a new one would be the smartest idea.”

            J.K. laughed from in front of Justin, “What makes you think she was even interested in your skinny white boy ass? You were like the spawn of Satan to her when they first got in here.” Everyone else nodded in agreement.

            “But she warmed up to me, didn’t she? Don’t matter. I didn’t get her number.” Justin rolled his head towards the right and look out the window. “Funny. They live in the apartment complex right outside the neighborhood.”

            Tony grinned wide, “I guess it won’t be too hard to track them down, now will it?”



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story