Author's Chapter Notes:
okay, so this chapter slighly sucks and i apologize but in a way i'm loving it too. i hope you enjoy and feedback is always welcome! :-)

.Chapter Five.

Friday came and went for Cierra.  After drinking her life away at the club with Justin and his friends, AJ and herself made their way back to their apartment. How they got home, she still wasn’t too sure but AJ said something about Tony dropping us off. Between the hangover, finishing unpacking, errands and making the necessary phone calls to her family back home, she was more than happy that the day went by way too fast. Her mother loved to talk and was very excited that the girls already made friends. Her father was not too happy that those friends are boys. Dads will be dads. But that meant Saturday came a lot faster, too. Her alarm went off around 10:30 that morning and she rolled over, hitting the snooze button. Ten minutes later, it was going off again, her small hand reaching out from under the blanket and hitting the off button. This is starting to piss me off. This whole waking up thing sucks she thought, her covers pulled over her head but she was wide awake already. There was slight knock at her door, groaning she threw the cover back and got up. Stretching as she walked towards the door, she opened to AJ’s smiling face, “Breakfast? I made blueberry banana bread and some eggs. Then we should start getting ready.”

            Cierra rolled her eyes at her best friend, but followed her to the kitchen. She sat at the island and took a bite of her slice of bread, “You know, just because you can bake and feed me does not mean you can be all chipper in the mornings and wake me up.”

            AJ laughed, taking a sip of her orange juice, “You’re so retarded. You’ve been awake for like an hour if I know you like I do. You’ve just been too damn lazy to get up.”

            Cierra tilted her head to the side and cracked a small grin, “Okay so maybe you’re right. What time are we supposed to be there?”

            “1 o’clock. Do you think we should bring something? I know he said not to but isn’t that like the…hospitable thing to do?” AJ asked, genuine curiosity written on her face. Cierra shrugged, finishing off her eggs and standing up, “I am going to take a shower. We could bring a desert? Everyone likes sweets.”

            AJ nodded, “Good idea.” Standing, she grabbed both their plates and glasses to place into the dishwasher, “See you in a bit.”

            Cierra made her way back down the hall to her room. She had to admit she got lucky. She and AJ found this two bedroom, two bathroom apartment simply by luck. It fit them, not too big but not too small either. She also won the three hands of rock-paper-scissors to win the master bedroom with its own bath, as well.  

            Cierra cut the light on and turned towards the shower, leaning down she turned it on, testing the temperate with her hand before closing the curtain and walking back into her room. She pulled out the clothes she intended to wear after hearing AJ mumble something about 90 degree weather. As she was sitting her clothes down, her cell phone started to ring. Looking at the I.D, she grinned flipping the phone open to answer, “I’m getting the shower.”

            Justin leaned against his balcony. He was wearing his sweatpants and shirtless. The day was nice and he couldn’t wait to get the cookout under way. He was enjoying his time off from work, Jessica and the media. Having some friends and family over was just what he needed. The night at Les Deux was the most fun he had had in while. Between the fights with Jessica, the break up and hounding questions from friends and family, he needed to get out and let loose. He was so excited to see Cierra when she showed up, more than he should’ve been. But you know that feeling you get when you meet someone? It’s a connection, not necessarily on a romantic level but still something clicks?

Justin laughed, “So… you were getting in the shower, huh? Are you nekkked?” He stressed the word, smiling. Turning slowly he walked back into his bedroom and towards his own bathroom, “Although I should shower, too. I smell.”

            Cierra rolled her head to the side and yawned, “No, I’m not naked yet, you retard. I know you smell. It’s coming through the phone.”

            “Shut up. Just wanted to call and give directions so you guys don’t get lost. If you want to come naked, that’s fine by me.”

            Sitting up, she rolled her eyes, “You’re such a pervert. I am going to go now. Call AJ’s phone, you have her number and give her directions; I take a lot longer in the shower. She’s probably already out by now anyways. See you in a little bit.”

            Justin grinned, stepping out of his sweatpants, “I can take a hint. Bye, honey.”

            Closing her phone, Cierra headed back to her bathroom. Justin was a good guy. Before the alcohol settled in at the club, she got to know him a little better. They had a lot more in common than she would have ever thought and now she was talking to him like they had been friends for years. He called at least twice on Friday simply to chat and shockingly, she was always disappointed when they hung up. AJ made nice with a guy from the club, who ended up being one of Justin’s friends. He was also going to be at the party and AJ was nervous. She got out of the shower about a half hour later and proceeded to get ready. Looking at herself in the mirror, she sighed. She wasn’t ugly. She had caramel skin and shoulder length black hair. Naturally curly, it pissed her off on a regular basis. She wasn’t extremely small either, but she liked having meat on her body. It made her feel like a woman. Drying off, she headed into her room to change, smiling to herself as she listened to AJ singing in her own room.

            Two hours later, the girls were pulling into Justin’s driveway. They had managed to make it to the car rental on Friday until their cars arrive the next week. A few of their girlfriends were driving them cross country, Cierra wasn’t sure that was a good idea but AJ convinced her otherwise. Stopping at the gate, AJ pushed the call button and voice came over the intercom. Stating her name, the gates opened slowly and she pulled into the circle drive. There were about 8 cars already there and after pulling up behind a black SUV, the girls got out of the car and look around. AJ spoke as they walked towards the door, “Who needs a place this massive? I mean really.”

            Cierra grinned as she rang the doorbell, “A superstar.” The door opened and revealed an older woman. She had blonde curly hair that was pulled back into a ponytail. She was wearing jeans and nice yellow blouse, Cierra assumed it was Justin’s mom. She was right. “Hello ladies, I’m Lynn, Justin’s mom. Come on in. Everyone is out back. Justin was just telling me you guys should be here soon. Did you find the place okay?”

            AJ reached out and shook the woman’s hand, followed by Cierra who spoke, “It’s nice to meet you. Yeah, we live right up the street actually so luckily we didn’t have to go too far.”

            They followed Lynn through the foyer and into the living room. Justin’s house was huge. His living room alone was bigger than their entire apartment. As they walked through the living room to the back and then through the sliding glass doors, Cierra shook her head. So many people, she thought.

            Stepping back out into the sun, Cierra pulled her sunglasses back down over her face and looked around the backyard. There was a pool, a side bar and two men working on the grill. She recognized a few people from the night at Les Duex and said hello. AJ’s friend spotted them immediately. After a few pushes, Cierra finally had her convinced that it was okay to ditch her for him, “You need to have some fun, Age. Plus, he’s pretty hot. Go!” She whispered. She watched her friend walk towards the man and laughed, that girl needs to learn to flirt.

            “Talking to yourself will make you look slightly crazy.” A voice from behind her said. She turned to her side and smiled. The man leaned down and gave her a quick hug, “it’s good to see you again.”

            “You, too Trace. “ He held up an extra beer in his hand, “I was taking this to Joe but if you want it you can have it.”

            She took the offered beer and took a sip, “I never would’ve guess Justin had this many friends.” She looked around some more. Trace laughed and nodded in agreement. The backyard was filtered with various people. Some sitting at tables and lounge chairs, a few were even swimming in the pool. She saw AJ and her friend near the homemade bar and smiled. She was glad AJ was having a good time. They didn’t exactly leave the best situations at home when they moved out to Los Angeles.  Quit thinking of that. We left for a reason and no use trying to bring up old memories, she thought as she spotted Lynn standing next to young man over by the grill and Trace spoke, “Come on, get something to eat.”

            The two of them headed towards the grill and Lynn saw them approaching. Smiling, she touched Justin gently on the arm, “Your friends are here. But we seem to have lost one already…” Justin turned, taking a swig of his beer in the process. He couldn’t get over how beautiful this girl was. It was funny to him, after talking with her at the nightclub, because she didn’t think highly of herself. She had confidence, don’t get him wrong, but even he could pick up on the insecurity she had until she warmed up to people. She was wearing a black leopard ruffle top that had a scoop neck and straps. The back had a keyhole opening with a double rhinestone button closure. She had on dark blue denim shorts, showing off her naturally tan legs and black flip flops. She was wearing sunglasses and drinking a beer.  Her hair was down, parted to the side and curly; curlier than Justin had seen before. Justin believed he had never seen someone look as sexy as she did right then and there. Then again, he said that at the nightclub, too.

            “Don’t be rude, Justin. Stop staring and say hello!” Lynn said, smacking her son lightly on the arm. A smile playing on her lips; Justin had not stopped talking about this young lady since the airport incident. She had been excited to meet her but told Justin to take his time. Getting out a relationship is hard but jumping right back into another one can make things harder. He had reassured her he enjoyed Cierra’s company more than anything because she didn’t take his bullshit. Besides, He had told her, she’s a fan. She’s admitted to that. She could ultimately be crazy but there is just something about her that makes me want to be around her. She simply nodded but didn’t actually agree with him. Lynn always told Justin he needed to date a normal, real girl. Not these celebrities he keeps bringing home; maybe now he’ll listen.

            Cierra laughed and Justin wished he could see her eyes, “Take a picture, Timberlake, it lasts longer.” She took another sip of her beer as Trace laughed and shook his head. Lynn spoke, “Trace, honey, come help bring out the rest of the fruit please.” And before anyone could object, they were gone, leaving Justin to man the grill alone; Cierra by his side.

            He shook his head, “Well, you come up in here looking all sexy and shit. Don’t be going home with any of my boys tonight,” He winked as he pulled another burger off the grill and sat it on a plate, “Are you hungry?”

            She shook her head no but stole a chip off his plate sitting by the grill, “First off, I am not that kind of girl, jerk face and secondly, you think I’m sexy?” She leaned her head down and batted her eyelashes at him, giggling when he started laughing.

            Before everyone knew it, the sun had gone down and it was well after midnight. The only people left were Justin, Cierra, Trace, AJ and Mark. Cierra finally met the guy and got his name. She had never met so many people at one time like she did that night. They were still sitting outside, the California heat died down a little, making the night air cool and refreshing. AJ and Mark were off near the pool deep in conversation while Cierra, Trace and Justin sat at a table near the bar. They had been talking for quite some time about any and everything imaginable. Cierra had removed her flip flops, her feet curled under her as she sat in one of the chairs around the table. She had only had one beer but Justin and Trace were slightly on the intoxicated side.

            “So, C, got a boyfriend?” Trace asked, leaning back in the chair, his eyes closing slightly.

            She smiled at the nickname and shook her head, “Nope, not I.”

            Justin leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees, “I find that hard to believe.” His words slurred slightly and she just shook her head answering, “I’m serious. You both are drunk. You should probably get to bed and I should probably get AJ home.”

            Justin shook his head adamantly, “I am not … drunk.” Cierra laughed at the pause and stood up, slipping her flip flops back on, “Yes you are. Thank you for inviting us over, though. It was really nice. Drink lots of water before bed.”

            Justin and Trace followed suit, Trace pulling Cierra into a big bear hug, “Come back soon. I like you. You’re cool. You guys should hang out with Joanna and shit. You’re pretty cool. I mean like … COOL.”

            AJ was within earshot as she approached the group and laughed, “You’re wasted. Good night guys.” The five headed back into the house, Trace falling on the living room couch, eyes closed before he hit the pillow. Justin and Mark walked the girls to the car. Leaning against the passenger side door, Cierra held Justin’s arm to keep him steady, “You didn’t have to walk me to the car. It’s hard enough to walk in a straight line, let alone stand on two feet in one place while intoxicated.”

            Justin shook his head and smiled, “I’m drunk but not wasted. I’m good, I promise.” Leaning down he kissed her cheek, pulling back only a little. His lips dangerously close to her own. “Call me tomorrow.” It wasn’t a question. It was a statement.

            Swallowing, Cierra nodded, “Go to bed, Justin.” He leaned back down but she turned her head and he kissed her cheek again. He chuckled, “Good night, C.”



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story