Story Notes:
AN: loosely based on Cinderella. i hope this fits the challenge.

Once upon a time, there were 5 teenage boys. They went to Madison Music Academy & were best friends Besides their singing, the boys were known for their hobbies around the school. Justin was a humble & southern boy who liked to play all sorts of sports. He liked to rule the basketball court & no one could get a shot past him.

Chris was on the football team. Despite his short height, he was the fastest on the team. Joey, oh Joey was quite the character. He was always the jokester, trying to get someone to laugh. He also took his video camera everywhere, wanting to document everything he saw. Lance, like Justin was from the south & even more shy. But, he was the ace of his business classes & wanted to own his own business 1 day. He also was at the nearby stables whenever he could, helping out with the horses. And last but not least; JC. He was an avid songwriter but spent most of his free time wetting his pillow! He slept A LOT & was a fan of drooling in his sleep.
---
Now, we introduce the princess of our story. She wasn't like a normal princess, no she was very different. She had a step-mom & 2 step-sisters who she lived with after her father died. She had a disability that required her to use crutches but that didn’t stop the way her family treated her. She was the piñata of the school; everyone beat her up & everyone enjoyed it. When Nicole was alone, she’d stare out the kitchen window, dreaming of finding her prince. Dreaming of a life far, far away.
---
Nicole sat anxiously in her seat, waiting for the announcement for Homecoming to blast thru the speakers of the classroom intercom. She was head of the decorating committee and of course, wrote the script.

“And now, fellow Madison High School Students, here are your Homecoming announcements: *female voice* Freshman and Sophomores, are you interested in dancing your souls away? If so purchase your tickets at the commons during your lunch hours. Each ticket will be $7.00. AND you Juniors and Seniors, don't think we forgot about you. You can purchase your Homecoming tickets in the office, where you will also receive a raffle ticket for your name to be a drawing to dance on stage with the band *NSYNC live!”

The class looked around at each other. Some were excited about *NSYNC & some had no idea who they were.

OFFICE  Nicole sat at the front desk. She was on the decorating committee so she was selling the raffle tickets.

“Come on, I don’t have all day!” a cheerleader complained. The next person who came up nearly ripped the ticket from Nicole’s hand.

She sighed heavily, wishing the day could be over & called the next boy up. She grabbed the list and highlighter, "Name?" she asked, still not looking up.

"Timberlake," he said, placing $7.00 on the table.

"Thank you," Saberly said, noticing Nicole's breathing speed up, then go insanely slow. She nudged her with her leg as Justin smiled to her remark.

"No problem, have to get a ticket to the show somehow," he said still smiling.

Nicole looked up at her friend, a slight look of horror on her face, but more so embarrassment and shock. Saberly took the list and said, "Timberrain is it?"

He looked at Nicole, then to Saberly, "Timberlake, I'm Justin Timberlake," he said, and out of the corner of his eye, he saw Nicole sigh. "Are you okay?" he asked her. Nicole didn't know whether to say something or just nod.

"Here's your ticket, and your raffle, enjoy the dance," Saberly said, saving Nicole. "And don't forget, the theme is a Masquerade, so you better find yourself a princess!" she said as he turned away.

He looked over his shoulder at her. "I think I have someone in mind," he turned back grinning.

As Nicole watched him walk away, she slapped Saberly on the arm. “Are you insane?!”

“What?”

“He’s the hottest guy in school & I just looked like a fool!”

“Oh, no you didn’t. He barely noticed you stop breathing, or the drooling.”

“Gee, thanks,” she mumbled. The 2 girls giggled at the situation knowing Nicole liked Justin.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story