Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's the next chapter after months!! Sorry for the delay!!
Chapter 4.

“Why have you been avoiding me?” I groaned inwardly as Justin spoke angrily into my ear and tried to come up with a good excuse.

“I haven’t,” I lied, “Why have you been calling me non-stop for the past few days?”

“Well Trace called me a few days back…” he began and I knew what he was going to say so I cut him off.

“You called me to tell me Trace called? Wow how interesting,” I replied sarcastically.

“It was actually,” Justin answered and continued before I could smartly cut him off. “He called and told me that…”

“Told you what?” I asked; I wanted to prolong this as long as I could.

“Stop interrupting me!” He snapped angrily and I sighed, sitting down on the couch and letting him continue.

“Go ahead,” I muttered knowing this would be my grad old doomsday.

“Thank you,” he said and let out a long sigh. “Someone found out.”

“What?” I asked, clearly surprised because I thought he was about to say ‘you told on me’ not ‘someone found out’. “How?”

“I dunno. Trace just told me that he spotted someone spying on us that day we went out for coffee,” Justin said and I gulped. So Trace had told him, just not the truth. “Do you know anything about this? Anyone said anything to you?”

“No,” I lied again knowing that when he talked about ‘anyone’ he meant my co-workers. “Haven’t heard a word.”

“So you’re still pretending not to know?” he asked and I nodded before realizing he couldn’t see me.

“Of course,” I said, “Everyone at the office has no idea we know each other.” That was true; they were just making me stalk him.

“That’s good to hear,” he let out a sigh of relief, “Cause for a second there I thought it was you.”

“You what?” I squeaked and nearly fell out of my damn chair. “I would NEVER do anything like that!” Ok, now I was sounding hypocritical.

“Calm down,” Justin laughed, “It was just a scared moment. We all have them. Don’t panic. I know you would never do that.”

“Then why did you suggest it?” I snapped; this was not a funny joke. NOT AT ALL.

“I wasn’t suggesting anything,” Justin replied angrily, “I was just saying. Geez, what the hell is going on with lately Em?”

I paused and took in a deep breath, “Nothing.” I was becoming good at this whole lying thing.

“Good because I’m counting on you,” he told me and I sat up.

“For what?” I asked, dreading the answer he was about to give me.

“I need you to find out who knows,” he answered and I sank back into my seat. “Then let me know once you’ve found out ok?”

“Why?” I asked, “What you planning on doing to her, I mean them?”

“Nothing,” Justin laughed and I knew he was lying, just like that time we were in middle school and he told me nothing would happen to me when he left for the MMC and what happened? I decided I wanted to become a pap just so I could follow him everywhere and look where that landed me. “So you’ll tell me yeah?”

“Sure,” I muttered and wondered how the hell I was going to save my ass this time around.


“So how are you going to tell him?” Trace grinned at me from across the table and I slapped his arm. I hated that he was enjoying this; ever since I had asked him for his advice.

“Well I could just make up…” I began but Trace cut me off.

“No you can’t. You are going to tell him the truth,” Trace interrupted. “Or I will.”

“Like you did the last time?” I laughed because last time he didn’t tell on me. But once I realized he wasn’t laughing with me I shut up. He was serious this time.

“No. Because this time I will tell him,” Trace said seriously and glared at me with his angry eyes. “I’m serious Em. Tell him or I will.”

“Fine,” I muttered and looked away; because I knew that I wouldn’t. I heard Trace grunt as he didn’t believe me.

“I don’t believe you,” he stated and got up to leave. I quickly leaned forward and grabbed his arm.

“Okay fine,” I said and looked into his eyes, “I swear I’ll tell him… just not yet.”

“Not yet?” Trace asked irritably, “Why the hell not? You want to get some money out of it before he sticks a restraining order on you?”

“NO!” I replied shocked; I could tell by the tone of his voice that he was becoming bitter and that was not what I wanted. “I just…. I don’t know how I am going to tell him. I need to figure that out.”

“No you don’t,” Trace snapped back and glared at me. “You just need to go over there and tell him straight out. Tell him the truth for once Em. It’s easy.”

“It’s not that easy Trace,” I retorted; now I too was standing up.

“Yeah it is,” he answered and crossed his arms over his chest. I shook my head at him; wanting to snap his head off.

“No it isn’t,” I hissed under my breath and grabbed my bag from under the table. “If it was you I don’t think you’d be saying that.”

“If it was me I wouldn’t have taken the damn job,” Trace bit back.

“You don’t know that ok? Have you ever sat with my boss? No. So you have no idea. You have no clue how hard it is to keep this damn secret from everyone every damn day,” I answered with bitterness. I could tell from my ramblings I was getting angry; I’d had enough of this. I was tired of keeping Justin’s damn secrets. As much as I loved him like a brother this was all too much for me.


Work hadn’t been the same; it wasn’t. I was still feeling guilty about the whole Justin thing and walking out on Trace when my phone rang.

“Em?” It was Justin. “Why the heck is Trace so mad at you?” I groaned and closed my eyes. Trace had obviously gone back to Justin’s in a grump.

“We had a fight,” I admitted; and reopened my eyes only to see Christina Aguillera’s car pulling out of the parking lot I was at. “Shit.”

“A fight?” Justin asked; ignoring my last profanity. “About what?”

“About… about stuff. Nothing to worry about. Look J can I call you back? I’m kinda on a job right now,” I said as I put my car in gear; ready to reeve down the highway after the high profiled celebrity. See that is what I’d become. I crazy pap. Something I’d avoided doing all these years. This is what I’d been driven too.

“Oh yeah ok,” Justin said then after a pause added; “I hope you’re being careful Em. Don’t go flying down the highway in a high speed chase just to get a picture.”

“Yeah don’t worry I won’t,” I lied as I quickly pulled out of the parking spot and made a U-turn; nearly hitting the car behind me. I slammed on the brakes.

“What the hell was that?” Justin asked as my tires made a horrendous screeching sound underneath me. I winced and thought quickly.

“Uh.. nothing. Just nearly ran a light,” I lied. “Look J I really gotta go. Bye.”

“B- “ he began but I snapped my phone shut as a large man walked towards my car. I gulped. This was not good.

Incomplete
angel_from_africa is the author of 31 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked Paparazzi also liked 317 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story