Story Notes:
I will eventually re-write this but for now I'm posting it as-is. It wasn't meant to be a series but it sort of evolved. I'll be posting it all eventually.
Looking out the window at the scenery passing him by, he couldn't believe he was actually returning to this god forsaken town. He had left his past behind when he left to begin his own life, one away from all the craziness that is Shelby Forest, Tennessee. Ah, Shelby, a place where everybody knows everybody's business. You can try your hardest, but no matter what, your business is out there for the whole town to see, or hear about at least. Something he strongly detested about the people he knew so well.

If he hated this place so badly, then why return? The love of a mother is enough to make you return to Hell itself if need be. She had called and completely begged her oldest son to come home for the summer. She refused to allow him to spend another summer in the city, away from everyone who loved him.

Love.

Why at that word did he suddenly shake? He knew why. It was because he had broken the heart of the most perfect woman he has ever known for such selfish reasons. That was the biggest reason he hadn't wanted to return home. Raleigh. Anyone who knew and loved her were suddenly turned against him, all because he was an asshole and wrote her that damn letter. The letter that would undoubtedly make her hate him forever. Which he couldn't blame her, for he too all but hated himself. But given a few choice words from Raleigh's friends, which he knew he would be getting the second he showed his face in Shelby, he probably would hate himself.

Turning right at the big boulder and the stream, he drove down the familiar dirt road, which lead to his destination; home sweet home. Parking in the large driveway, He got out and took a long look at his childhood home. So many wonderful memories filled his mind. Running around the backyard with his dog, playing hide-and-seek with all his friends, the snacks his mother always seemed to make, his bedroom, all those nights with Raleigh. He couldn't help but to sigh at her name.

Raleigh.

And there was that bad feeling again. How would he ever get through this summer knowing she was only a few miles away? He was such a coward, running away with his tail between his legs like some puppy dog, the fear of confrontation becoming nearly too much to bear.

Taking a deep breath, he walked towards the house, and back into his past



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: college