JC got up and stretched, dreading the day ahead of him. He knew what he had to do, knew it would shake things up. But still, all he seemed to feel, was... numbness. The kind of numbness he imagined one would feel after being shot. It was almost as if he were a robot, performing daily functions out of monotony, not out of desire or want.

He loved Chris, and he loved Justin. They were practically his brothers. But one of them would end up getting hurt before this was all over, and JC wasn't in favor of hurting either one of them.

He wondered what the tabloids would say after it was all said and done. He smiled, imagining the possibilities. The world hadn't expected any of it, and with the way things had been going, the situation had surprised JC as well.

Putting on his pants, he rehearsed what he wanted to say to Justin. Why would Justin do this? How could he just ruin everything?

He slipped his shirt on and picked up his cell phone, then put it back down where it had been. Replaying in his head was the conversation he'd had with Lance the night before. Lance had told him how sad Chris had sounded, how fragile. He remembered how frightened he had been. Lance even tried to figure out how long it had been after Chris started talking that he realized his best friend was crying. He couldn't pinpoint the exact moment, although he did know that soon after, he himself had begun to cry. He didn't think he'd get so emotional over it, but once he'd heard the pain and fear in Chris' voice, the tears just started flowing.

Lance didn't really know what to do, so he called JC to ask for his help. And once they hung up, JC had gone to sleep to clear his head a bit. But now, he knew what had to be done, so he picked his phone back up and dialed Justin's number.

"Hey man. We need to talk."


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: chris