As he exited the building, Chris tried to breathe deeply to calm himself, but his anger wasn't hidden.

"What happened?" Lance asked once his friend slid into the limo.

"Nothing." Chris replied through gritted teeth, his fists clenched on his knees.

"Then why are your knuckles white?" Lonnie jumped in.

"You know what would be great, is if the two of you would shut the hell up and leave my ass alone."

"What would be great is if you'd stop being such a moody bitch, and think about someone other than yourself for once." Lance retorted.

"Yeah, man. Other people are hurtin'. It ain't just you, kid."

"You weren't in that jail, listening to one of your best friends tell you how he plotted against you. You weren't in that room watching your other friend send his heart into shock because he was telling you the true story. And you weren't in that hospital, pleading with God to just let you die because at least that would be easier than having the world think you're psychotic. So excuse me if I'm not fucking jumping up and down."

The three men were silent the rest of the way to the hospital.

~*~

That night, Chris slept over at Joey's. For a guest room, the space was quite nice, and Chris noted that Kelly had good taste.

Surprisingly, the singer managed to get to sleep, but his night was marred by nightmares that wouldn't stop.

*Dream*

"Chris! Help me!" Justin said as a knife went into his stomach.

"Too late, Kirky. Juju's dead." JC cackled, throwing the knife down on the ground next to him. A bright, orange ring of flames burst up around the popstar, sealing him in without an exit. So it seemed.

"Karma, Josh. Karma. It's here to bight you in the ass." Chris cried. JC took a step forward, then another until he was in front of the fire without so much as a singed hair.

"Is that so, Chris? Did you really think we'd always be *NSYNC? Did you really think this was serious? How stupid can you be, not to know that this was just here while it was convenient? Dumbass. You have always been blinded by the fake smiles "Little Brother" here would put on in front of you." JC was growing taller with every word he uttered. Towering over Chris, he went on. "You were in the way. You still are, and now, I'm going to move you out of my way."

"Chris! CHRIIIIIIIIS!!!!!!"

*End Of Dream*


"What?" Chris blinked his eyes, trying to sheild the light out. "Joey, what the fuck are you trying to do?" Joey was hauling him out of bed and throwing clothes at him.

"Get dressed." Joey's voice was shaky.

"Joe? What happened? What's going on?" Chris saw tears glistening in his friend's eyes.

"They need us at the hospital." was Joey's answer.

And somehow, from the depths of his heart, Chris knew why.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: chris