Author's Chapter Notes:
the story continues...
Justin groaned as the sunlight coming through his windows broke through his unconsciousness Sunday morning.  He tried to sit up but as he moved, soft hair slid against his chest as Aubrey snuggled closer to him.  Smiling at the pleasant sensation, he allowed her to push him back into his pillow as he wrapped his arms around her and tried to go back to sleep.  The light slowly grew but Justin ignored it, concentrating instead on the soft, warm curves he held in his arms.  He tightened his hold once again but she protested to his hold on her, jabbing him in the side and he loosened his grip--but not all together.  He liked the feeling of this woman next to him too much to let her go completely. 

Last night had been a huge turning point in their relationship.  Aubrey had opened up and told him things he knew she hadn't told anyone else.  He knew how much courage it had taken her to tell him what she had--he had seen it in her eyes as she explained to him the feelings she had and what she struggled with regarding the surgery she'd had to have.  He felt the weight of the trust she had placed in him but he didn't mind it.  In fact he relished it.  Slowly but surely he was breaking down the security wall she had placed around her heart when it came to him and their relationship.  One of these days.  He thought.  She'll wake up and realize this is real and I'm not going anywhere. 

They hadn't done anything more than fall asleep in each other's arms last night but he felt closer and more emotionally connected to Aubrey than he had to any other girl he'd ever been with.  Slowly he opened his eyes, watching as she slept beside him.  Their bond went far beyond the intense physical attraction he had for her.  He had confessed the dark secrets in his past to her a few weeks ago and she'd chosen to accept him anyway--as imperfect as he was--and was standing by him through all the drama going on with Nikki and her paternity suit. 

Justin lifted his hand and gently brushed the backs of his fingers along Aubrey's cheekbone.  She sighed softly as she shifted in her sleep.  His lips turned up as he watched her, once again wondering what he'd done to deserve her love and kicking himself for being such an idiot and not recognizing the miracle he'd been given sooner.  He'd wasted so much time he could have been spending with her because he'd been too blind to realize she was exactly the "something" he had been looking for. 

"My Warrior Princess." He whispered as he kissed the tip of her nose, his smile growing at the memory that title brought to mind.  Closing his eyes Justin draped his arm across her waist and slid down beneath the covers, till he could rest his head against her shoulder, and allowed the soft sound of her breathing to lull him back to sleep.

~~~~~

Aubrey stretched as she finally opened her eyes Sunday morning and looked around.  She was momentarily taken back at her unfamiliar surroundings until she remembered where she was.  A tingle went down her spine and her stomach fluttered slightly as her sleepy brain finally began registering the fact that she was in Justin's bed. 

With Justin. 

Justin's arm rested across her stomach as he lay on his side, curled up next to her.  Their feet were tangled and the sound of his deep, even breathing tempted her back to sleep.  She closed her eyes for a moment, content to just stay like this for the rest of the day. What more did she need?  A comfortable bed, a soft pillow, the man she loved lying next to her...a bathroom. 

She scowled as the sudden urge to go caused her to open her eyes.  Having to go to the bathroom is so inconvenient.  She thought.  Especially now.  She turned her head, looking over at Justin then attempted to slip out from under his arm without waking him.  Inch by inch she slowly did so, finally rolling away from him--proud of herself for doing so without waking him.  She yawned as she stood and walked towards the bathroom, running her fingers through her hair--completely unaware of the pair of blue eyes watching her appreciatively from the bed as she walked away from him.

~~~~~~ 

As Aubrey stood washing her hands she looked at herself in the mirror.  She cocked her head to the side as she studied her reflection.  The girl looking back at her was different than the one she'd seen last night.  Last night the girl in the mirror had been nervous, scared and unsure of herself.  This morning she was calm and confident.  She'd had no idea last night would turn out like it had--with her confessing everything to Justin--but she was glad she'd told him.  She felt a huge sense of relief--something she hadn't felt in a long time.  She didn't have to wonder anymore what his reaction would be when he found out about her medical history. 

Aubrey leaned forward slightly, running her middle finger under each eye in an effort to remove the little bit of smudged mascara left there.  She then ran her fingers through her hair then opened the cabinet she'd found the mouthwash in last night.  Her stomach fluttered nervously as she swished the green liquid around in her mouth.  She wasn't really sure what to expect of "the morning after"--this was the first time she'd ever spent the night at her boyfriend's house and this wasn't really the typical morning after--but whatever was going to happen she didn't want to scare him away with bad breath.  Spitting the mouthwash out, and wiping her mouth off, she turned.  Opening the door she gasped, her heart jumping to find Justin leaning against the wall, waiting for her.

"Morning." He chuckled at her surprise, his blue eyes sparkling.

"Good morning." She smiled, continuing to stand in the doorway just looking at him.  Her knees felt a little weak and her stomach quivered as he lifted one hand, rubbing the back of his neck.  Her eyes were drawn downwards as if by a magnet--zeroing in on the small strip of skin that movement revealed between the hem of the tank top and the waist band of the sweats he wore low on his hips.  She swallowed, recalling how that golden skin had felt beneath her fingers and lips and a tingle went through her.  Justin chuckled quietly and she lifted her eyes to his, her cheeks warming as he winked at her--a knowing grin on his face. 

"You're not so bad looking yourself first thing in the morning." He told her, reading her thoughts.  "In fact..." he leaned towards her and whispered conspiratorially.  "I wouldn't mind seeing you like this every morning from now on."  Aubrey smiled as she tucked her hair behind her ear then looked down at her bare feet, wiggling her toes a bit.  "But, as much as I'd like to continue standing here looking at you," he continued and she looked back up at him.  "Do you mind if I..." he trailed off as he pointed behind her into the bathroom.

"Oh!" She said, moving out of the doorway she'd been blocking.  "No, go ahead."

"Thanks." He smiled at her as they traded places and Aubrey took a deep breath as he closed the door.  Bending down she picked up the pair of jeans she'd been wearing yesterday and took out the hair tie she kept in her pocket.  Pulling her hair back, she secured it in a ponytail then walked downstairs-her stomach rumbling.

I wonder what kind of breakfast supplies he has on hand...

~~~~~~

Justin came out of the bathroom to find his bedroom empty. 

Confused, he stood for a moment, wondering where Aubrey had disappeared to.  "Aubrey?" He called out, but was met with only silence.  His brow furrowed as he walked out of his room and down the stairs.  He heard sounds coming from the kitchen and walked that direction.  Coming around the corner of the cabinets he stopped, a smile coming to his face as he folded his arms across his chest and leaned against the wall.  He watched as Aubrey stood with her back to him--unaware of his presence. 

He'd been a bit disappointed to come out of the bathroom and not find her waiting in bed for him--secretly hoping he could work on breaking down her wall a little more.  He hadn't been ready for their time together in bed to be over, but the sight before him now was definitely something he could get used to.  Quietly, he stalked towards her--curious as to what she was doing. 

"What do you want in your omelet?" She asked as he got closer to her. 

"Damn it!" He exclaimed.  "How did you know I was here?" He asked in surprise and disappointment as Aubrey looked over her shoulder at him. 

"Magic." She replied with a grin.  "I hope you don't mind." She gestured at some food on the counter.  "I was hungry so I thought I'd make us some breakfast."

"Sounds great." He replied, lifting his arms above his head as he stretched.  He watched as Aubrey's eyes strayed to where his shirt had lifted and grinned.    "I'm starving." He said and her eyes connected with his again--the veiled desire in their depths urging him forward. 

"Good." She said as he pressed his lips against hers. 

He moved closer to her, his hands coming up as he framed her face.  Aubrey let out a soft moan as her hands came to rest on his hips and he tilted her head slightly--deepening the kiss between them.  As his mouth moved against hers he felt her tug him closer and smiled against her lips.  He liked the confident and slightly aggressive side of Aubrey that came out every once in a while and wished she'd let that part of her personality out more often.  They could definitely have some fun with it.  Finally he released her mouth--watching as she licked her lips then opened her eyes to look up at him. 

"Mmmm...that's a nice way to start the day." She commented with a soft smile as she put her arms around his neck.  Justin laughed as he wrapped his arms around her waist, picking her up slightly as he hugged her.  He placed a series of small kisses to her lips while their eyes stayed open and connected.  She smiled and looked like she was about to say something but a sudden scratching at the back door made them both turn to look in that direction. 

~~~~~~

"Do you mind if I let the dogs in?" Justin asked looking back at her.  

"Nope." Aubrey shook her head.  "I was beginning to wonder where they were." She said.  Justin gave her a squeeze and another quick kiss before releasing her.

"I put them out last night when I was cooking dinner." He told her.  "They were in the way and wouldn't leave me alone." He opened the back door and the boxers fell over themselves in their eagerness to get inside--Brennan letting out a happy bark.  Aubrey laughed as both of the dogs came over to her, shoving each other aside in their attempts to gain her attention.  She gave them each a scratch behind the ears before Buckley jumped up suddenly, putting his paws on the counter to investigate what she was cooking. 

"Buck!" Justin commanded sharply as he grabbed the dog's collar.  "Down!  Come on you two." He said, walking towards the laundry room. 

Buckley and Brennan followed Justin as Aubrey went back to dicing the green pepper she'd been cutting before Justin had come downstairs.  A moment later she heard as Justin poured some dog food into a metal bowl.  She looked over her shoulder as she heard the laundry room door close. 

"That should keep them occupied for about five seconds." He told her, rolling his eyes as he chuckled.

"They don't bother me." She told him with a smile. 

"Do you need help?" He asked, pulling out one of the bar stools and sitting down across the counter from her. 

"No." She shook her head.  "I've got it.  Thanks though."

"What do you want to do today?" He asked as he reached out, sneaking a few pieces of the pepper. 

"Whatever." Aubrey shrugged.  "What do you want to do?"

Justin looked at her quietly for a moment, his expression thoughtful.  "I usually take those two for a run on Sunday mornings." He said pointing behind her towards the laundry room.

"I hate running." Aubrey told him emphatically.  "It was all I could do to get through gym class in high school, so if that's something that's going to be required in this relationship I need to know right now."

"Relax." Justin chuckled at her vehemence.  "I got it.  Running's not your thing.  No biggie." He shrugged.  "Why don't we just take the dogs to the park and let them run?"

Aubrey smiled.  "You're not sick of being with me?" She asked.

"No!  Are you kidding me?" Justin asked.  "Every time I'm with you and you open that beautiful mouth of yours I learn something new about you that makes me love you even more than I already did."

"You pretty much know everything about me now." She replied feeling her cheeks warm slightly.

"I don't know..." he drawled, his blue eyes watching her intently as he cocked his head to the side.  "I bet you've got a few more secrets in there." Aubrey's stomach quivered at the look in Justin's eyes.  When the tension between them became too intense she turned and began opening up a few cupboards, searching for a bowl to put the eggs in--trying to calm the nervous butterflies in her stomach.  How was it possible for her to be so affected by him?  She wasn't sure her heart was going to survive this relationship with as often as he made it race.

"I want to learn all your secrets, Aubrey Janae." Justin whispered, suddenly appearing behind her.  Aubrey's heart began beating rapidly in her chest as his hands came down on the counter to either side of her, trapping her between him and the counter.  Her breath caught in her throat as his lips pressed against her neck.

"Justin..." She breathed, a shiver skirting down her spine.

"I want to love you." He confessed with a whispered groan as his hands came down to grip her hips.  Aubrey bit down on her bottom lip and closed her eyes as she fought to keep from completely melting into a puddle at his feet as his lips continued roaming along her skin.  She felt his body pressed up against hers, half of her more than willing to let him do whatever he wanted to her while the other half began trembling in fear. 

As irrational as it may be, she was scared of him and of taking this next step in their relationship.  Even with as close as they'd become, and as strong a connection that she felt to him, Aubrey was still afraid to share this part of herself with him.  It was the last barrier she kept up between them--the last brick in the wall around her heart.  Once she let that barrier down she would have no protection against any future heartbreak that he might cause her.  To let him love her was to completely surrender herself to him, and she wasn't sure she was ready to take that leap of faith and open herself up to that level of vulnerability.

"W-what about...breakfast?" She asked, her frantically beating heart and the seductive call of his body making it difficult for her to breathe, let alone think clearly. 

"Breakfast can wait." He replied matter of factly as his lips moved to the other side of her neck.  Aubrey swallowed as she turned in his arms, finally facing him.  She gazed up into his blue eyes that were darkened by desire.  "I just want to love you." He said leaning down, capturing her lips with his.  Aubrey responded to his kiss though she cursed him and his ability to turn her into a quivering mess with nothing more than a look.  He picked her up suddenly and placed her up on the counter, their lips never separating.  Aubrey wound her arms around his neck--her fingers threading through his short hair as he pulled her knees apart and stepped between them.  Instinctively Aubrey wrapped her legs around his waist as Justin's kisses became rougher--an excited thrill going through her.  He lifted one hand and removed her ponytail holder, releasing her hair and plunging his fingers into it as he tilted her head to the side--their tongues meeting again and again in a slow, seductive dance. 

Aubrey's lungs began to burn from a lack of oxygen so she pulled back, tearing her lips from his.  She fought for breath as Justin's mouth continued on a path across her jaw and down her neck.  He placed a hand to the back of her head as she leaned back, allowing him to kiss her throat--her fingers still in his hair as she let out a soft moan.  Her legs tightened around his waist, drawing him closer as he nipped her, his tongue then working to sooth the sting.    

"Justin..." Aubrey trailed off as goose bumps enveloped her when his hands began working on lifting the hem of her shirt.  "Justin, wait.  I can't--"

"What?" He asked, pulling back to look at her-his eyes and tone of voice giving away his confusion and frustration.  "I don't know what else you want me to do."

"I don't--"

"I'm clean." He told her, cutting her off.  "If that's what you're worried about, you don't have to--"

Aubrey shook her head.  "No.  It's not that." She said.  "I just--"   

"Then what is it?" He asked, his blue eyes pleading with her.  He lifted a hand, cupping her cheek.  "Why don't you trust me?"

"I'm just..." She sighed.  "I'm just not ready yet." She told him, her eyes pleading with him to understand.  He sighed deeply as he hung his head, nodding in acceptance.  Aubrey put her arms around his neck, hugging him close as he wrapped his arms around her waist.  She knew she was crazy for rejecting him again, but she just wasn't sure she was ready and she needed to be sure.  She needed to know she was the only one in his heart--the only one he would be thinking about.  His respect towards her, even though he was disappointed, did more to move her closer to being ready than his kisses and seductive caresses could...but it still wasn't enough. 

"Soon." She told him quietly.  Justin placed his hands on the counter as he looked up at her--his eyes searching hers.  Aubrey placed her hands on his face and pressed her lips against his.  "Soon."      

~~~~~~

"Justin Timberlake, the man who was once voted one half of the "Fittest Couple" in Hollywood, is now apparently with someone who looks like they haven't set foot in a gym in their life.   JT--the reigning Prince of Pop--was seen last Sunday at the park with his dogs and the woman he's supposedly dating.  We have to wonder though, WHY he's with her.  Maybe she isn't his girlfriend.  Maybe she's just the dog walker?  She certainly dresses like one."

Justin crumpled up the section of the newspaper he'd been reading and tossed it aside Tuesday evening.  He wasn't normally one to read the Entertainment section, but the picture of himself and Aubrey that had been on the front page had caught his eye. 

Now he was angry.

Dressed like a dog walker?  He thought as he pulled his cell phone from his pocket, hoping Aubrey hadn't read what people were saying about her.   He'd have to get his publicist on this.  He was not okay with the media ripping Aubrey apart.  They could say what they wanted about him--he'd spent the majority of his life as a media spectacle.  He was used to it but Aubrey wasn't and he hated the idea of her finding out how mean the tabloids could be.

He pressed the quick--call button he'd programmed her number to and put the phone against his ear. 

~~~~~~

"So what exactly have you been up to since quitting?" Aubrey asked Rachel Tuesday evening as they sat down at a table at the bakery where Rachel had made an appointment to sample their wedding cakes.

"Trying to convince Megan to move here." Rachel replied, setting her purse on the floor at her feet.

"What?" Aubrey chuckled.  "Why?"

"Because she had this brilliant idea and I'm trying to get her to move out here to help me with it." Rachel told her.

"What is it?" Aubrey inquired.

"Well," Rachel tucked her long blonde hair behind her ear.  "I've been trying to decide if I wanted to try and get a job with a different design firm in town or open my own company, but I'm not sure I want to do either.  Then I was trying to decide if I should maybe get a job either with Jace's tour or when the guys all get together as a set designer but--"

"Won't you get sick of each other if you're with him like that every day?" Aubrey asked.

Rachel lifted one brow as she looked at Aubrey.  "No." She replied confidently, making Aubrey laugh.

"Okay." Aubrey commented.  "So, what's this brilliant idea Megan had?"

"Party planning!" Rachel told her with an excited smile. 

Aubrey laughed.  "That's...perfect." She nodded.   

"I know!" Rachel replied.  "I don't know why I didn't think of it before." She laughed. 

Aubrey looked down, pulling her phone from her purse as it started ringing.  She smiled when she read Justin's name on the screen.  "Hold on." She told Rachel answering the call.  "Hi." She said. 

"I love you." Justin said. 

Aubrey was quiet for a second.  She hadn't been expecting that from him.  "Did you call me just to tell me that?" She asked with a smile.

"Yes." He said.  "I just want to make sure you know."

"Are you okay?" She asked a bit confused at his weird behavior.  He wasn't one to normally call just to tell her he loved her.  "What's going on?" She asked, looking up at Rachel who was looking at her in question.

"I'm fine." Justin said.  "I didn't mean to interrupt your time with Rachel, I just..."

"I love you, too." Aubrey told him.  "I'll call you later?" She asked.

"Yeah." He answered.

"Okay." She smiled.  "Bye."  She ended the call with Justin, looking at her phone in question for a moment before putting it back in her purse.

"What was that about?" Rachel asked.

"I don't know." Aubrey shook her head.  "He was just calling to tell me he loved me." She smiled.  "Anyway," she pushed her hand through the air and turned her attention back to Rachel.  "What were we talking about?"

Their conversation was put on hold however, as their cake consultant came over to where they were sitting and began talking to Rachel about the different cake options available to her.  Aubrey was amazed.  Who knew there were so many different varieties of wedding cakes?  As the different samples were brought out, their consultant left them alone to discuss and taste.

"Mmmm..." Rachel said as she took a bite of the double chocolate cake sample in front of her.  "So far I like them all!  I wonder if they make cheesecake."

"Cheesecake?" Aubrey asked with a laugh.  "You've got ten different cake samples in front of you and you want cheesecake?"

"I love cheesecake!" Rachel exclaimed, putting a hand over her heart and sighing.  Aubrey laughed again as she took a bite of the lemon cake.  "I don't think you understand." Rachel continued, looking at her.  "If cheesecake were a man...let's just say JC would have some serious competition for my heart."

"You're ridiculous." Aubrey said with a laugh, shaking her head in disbelief.  Rachel just smiled with a shrug of her shoulders.  The girls continued talking and laughing as they tried the different samples until Aubrey finally worked up the nerve to ask Rachel a question she'd been asking herself since Sunday.  "Can I...can I ask you a personal and potentially awkward question?" Aubrey asked as she picked at the carrot cake slice in front of her then finally took a small bite.

"Sure." Rachel replied, jotting down a quick note on the piece of paper in front of her.  "What's up?" She asked, taking a bite of the

"How do you know...when you're ready...to sleep with someone?" Aubrey asked hesitantly.

"What?" Rachel asked, looking at her in wide-eyed surprise.

"How do you know..." Aubrey began then shook her head.  "Nevermind." She said looking down at the table embarrassed.  "Forget I asked."

"No, hold on." Rachel said reaching out and placing a hand on Aubrey's arm.  "Have you never..." She trailed off and Aubrey looked over at her.  "Of course not." Rachel mused.  "You're Aubrey."

"What does that mean?" Aubrey asked.

"Nothing." Rachel shook her head.  "I just...how do you know?" She asked.  "You just do." She shrugged.  Aubrey rolled her eyes and Rachel chuckled.  "Man, did you luck out!" Rachel exclaimed.

"What?" Aubrey asked confused.

"You realize that you're going to be able to say that Justin Timberlake was your first, right?" Rachel replied.  "You're going to be the envy of men and women around the world!"

"It's not really something I'm going to go around broadcasting to the world when it happens." Aubrey told her.

"I know." Rachel said.  "But that doesn't mean people aren't going to be jealous of you, or aren't jealous of you right now, for that matter!" She chuckled.  "You've got that boy completely wrapped around your finger.  That's as plain as day." She smiled and Aubrey chuckled, feeling her cheeks warm.  "I can't believe he hasn't tried--"

"Oh, he has." Aubrey interrupted Rachel.  "Believe me, he has."

"And you've been able to say no?" Rachel asked in shock.  "To Justin?!  I think you may have just become my new hero!"

Aubrey laughed at Rachel's declaration.  "How long did it take you and JC to..." she trailed off as she looked around then lowered her voice.  "You know?"

"Too long." Rachel replied with a dramatic sigh.  "But what you need to know is that I was still dealing with some issues from a previous relationship when JC and I started dating and getting serious and then he went and acted like a complete jack ass and I refused to speak to him for about ten days...but that's a different story."

"What happened?" Aubrey asked.  She'd known Rachel and JC's relationship hadn't always been smooth sailing but she didn't know any of the particulars.

"Well," Rachel sighed as she sat back in her chair.  She was quiet for a moment as if debating what to say.  Finally she took a deep breath.  "Before I met JC, I...I was raped." She said.  Aubrey gasped and Rachel nodded. 

"I can't even imagine..." Aubrey trailed off. 

"Needless to say I had a lot of emotional baggage I was carrying around when I met Jace.  But he was..." she smiled.  "He was so amazing and supportive when he found out--when I finally told him."

Aubrey's brow furrowed in confusion.  "But, you said he acted like a jerk and you didn't talk to him--"

"No, what I said," Rachel said interrupting her.  "Was that he acted like a jack ass.  There's a difference." She chuckled.  "But that was before he knew everything about what I had gone through.  He was dealing with his own issues at the time and decided to get drunk one night.  He said some hurtful things to me about the fact that I wouldn't sleep with him.  He was frustrated--in more ways than one--and took it out on me.  Normally I would have just let it go, but because I was dealing with all my issues at the time, I didn't take it so well." She paused.  "It's a miracle JC and I are still talking to each other with everything we've gone through, let alone getting married!" She mused.  "But, none of that has anything to do with what you want to know." Rachel folded her arms and rested them up on the table.  "What's your biggest hold up with it comes to sleeping with Justin?" She asked.  "Besides the fact that you've never done it before?"

"I guess..." Aubrey sighed.  "I guess I'm afraid."

"Of Justin?" Rachel asked.

"No." Aubrey shook her had.  "Of everyone he's been with."

"So have him get tested first." Rachel told her.  "He's probably already done it, what with the paternity suit and all, but--"

"No, it's not that." Aubrey said.  Rachel looked at her in question.  "I'm afraid..." she trailed off.  "I'm afraid of being compared." She finally admitted.  "He's been with so many other beautiful women who were all way more experienced than I am at this.  I'm afraid of being compared to them and I'm afraid of disappointing him.  I don't want to look in his eyes afterwards and know that I let him down."

"How do you know he's going to be disappointed?" Rachel asked.

"I just do." Aubrey replied.  "How could he not be?  I mean, he's got experience to spare and I have no experience whatsoever.  He's going to have no choice but to compare me to others he's been with."

"Or," Rachel interjected.  "He could only be thinking about how much he loves you and how excited and happy he is that he finally gets to share that experience with you." Rachel smiled and Aubrey's stomach fluttered at the thought.  "I'm going to let you in on a little secret.  JC was kind of a slut before we got together." Rachel continued.  "But he's never once made me feel second best to anyone.  Every time we're together..." She sighed dreamily.  "I know I'm the only one he's thinking about, and it'll be the same with you and Justin.  One thing our boys have in common is their level of commitment and their monogamous natures."

"But you just said JC was a slut." Aubrey reminded her in confusion.

Rachel laughed.  "When he's not in a relationship he is." She nodded.  "But once he's in a relationship with someone he's committed a hundred and ten percent and the same is true of Justin."

Aubrey looked down at the table, pulling her bottom lip between her teeth as she thought about what Rachel had told her.  "How did you get over the whole 'celebrity' aspect with JC?"

"What do you mean?" Rachel asked.

"How did you finally accept that he really wanted to be with you and not one of the other millions of girls he could have because of who he is?" Aubrey questioned her.

"I'm not going to lie and say that wasn't an issue for me, because it was--especially since it was a year between our first and second meetings." Rachel told her.  "But he quickly became 'just a guy' to me the more time that I spent with him and got to know him as a separate identity from his celebrity persona.  It took a while, but eventually I realized what he'd been telling me was true.  He loved me."

"How did you know?" Aubrey prodded.

"It was the little things." Rachel replied.  "He made me an ice pack when I hurt my knee, he got me an I-pod for my birthday and loaded a playlist on there with songs he'd picked out for me, and he bought me onion rings when I was sick.  He cooked for me, and he has a special smile that's just for me.  It was the late night phone calls, the flowers...all the little every day things that made him into an every day guy for me.  And, even though he was a celebrity and I had to get used to that lifestyle, he's just a guy that I love and who I know loves me."  Aubrey remained quiet as Rachel continued.  "You have to watch out for the little things." She told Aubrey.  "The way he smiles when you walk into the room, the way he touches you, the way he remembers little details about you and conversations you've had, the way he makes you feel like you're the most important woman in the world with just a look. 

"You also have to realize that this is just a job to him.  Instead of being a doctor or a mechanic his job is: he's a musician and a celebrity.  That's all it is.  You and I both know that Justin is still a small town Southern boy at heart.  It just so happens that everyone in the entire world knows who he is." They both chuckled.

"Just relax." Rachel continued.  "Don't stress yourself out about this.  When you're ready, you'll know.  It'll just...feel right and you won't even think about it.  It'll just happen." She smiled at Aubrey.

"You're right." Aubrey nodded.

"Of course I am." Rachel grinned.

"Thanks." Aubrey told her once again grateful she had a friend like Rachel in her life.  She was the only one who semi-understood the situation she was in with Justin because of who he was and what he did for a living. 

"You're welcome." Rachel replied.  "Now," she said, tucking her hair behind her ears.  "Let's get down to this cake business.  I think I like the double chocolate cake the best but I'm still seriously debating whether or not to just have cheesecake.  What do you think?" She asked.  "Can I have cheesecake at my wedding?"

Aubrey laughed.  "It's your wedding." She reminded Rachel.  "I'm pretty sure you can have whatever you want." 

Chapter End Notes:

Anyone else excited that "Bones" is on twice this week?  Love me some David Boreanas!  Mmm-mm good...  :) 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story