I sat holding his hand. My legs crossed. He was sleeping. That was a good sign. We didn’t talk much on the way home. And he never brought up what I did not say. I don’t deserve this man. I watched his chest rise and fall. natalina Timberlake had a nice ring to it. I sighed. I want to marry him, I want to be with him, so why am I so stupid. Oh that’s right because I have issues. He is willing to get past them. I should be able to. So that is why I sit here holding his hand as he sleeps with a smile on his face. His hair is messy. He should shave it again. I felt his arm twitch as he opened his eyes. He yawned and sat up.

‘Nat?’

‘yes” I say I had to say it fast and quick. I needed to stop not trusting my heart.

‘yes what’ he looks confused.

“Well if there was that proposal that you made last night, if it was still open, that’s my answer’ his hand felt my face. I kissed his side of his palm.

“What took you so long?’

‘Justin, I am stupid, I have issues, and I have really bad hair when I get up in the morning, and our wedding will be pink’ he raises an eye brown.

‘Okay, but I don’t care about all that’

‘I want to move on with my life, and I didn’t answer you last night because I was scared or that I don’t want this because that’s not true, im just saying that I love you, and im sorry, I took so long” he pulled me closer so I laid on top of him.

‘I love you, and I don’t care when or how we get married, the fact is that one day we will, I could not live my life with out knowing that that’s where you want this to go’ I kiss him. I was going to stop hiding secrets.

 

Justin smiled at me as I moved the last box into the room. I had officially moved out of my apartment, and now I was living with Justin. I smiled as the sun in the room reflected on my ring. I promised my self that I would not acted stupid anymore; Justin was not going anywhere, so I needed to stop acting a fool.

 

‘jay, can you get the door” I asked as the door bell rang for the third time. He took another sip of beer and looked me over and got up.

I heard some voices and I frowned when I heard a voice I never wanted to hear ever.

“pumpkin” tiffany embraced me in a hug. What where they doing here? Did he not.. Oh I was going to kill my brother. Kill him.

 

“don’t call me that” I pulled away and went and looked at my father.

“ I told you not to come here”

‘I did not come here to visit its more out of respect for your brother and tiffany asked me too” he stuffed his hands in his pocket. I looked as Amelia looks around the house, she has never seen Justin’s house.

 

“Look me and tiffany need a favor” oh so here is the truth.

“Will you keep Amelia for us?”

‘What” tiffany stands at his side? She was like Barbie and I think if pushed her hard enough she would pop.

“look, natalina I can’t do this whole mom thing right now, I was wondering if you would take her’ tiffany wrapped her arms around my father. She could not be a mom. Was she joking me?

“Why would I want her” I watched as Amelia held onto her teddy bear, I loved her I was there when she was born she was my stepsister.

“Because, your you and you always do good things”

“look, this is not my house its Justin’s you have to ask him, and im only 21 years old”

“your brother says you should” I press my fingers against the bridge of my nose.

“Justin can I talk to you” Justin nodded and smiled and moved away from them with me.

“look Nat, I know this is a lot, but maybe we” I stopped him

“she not my kid”

“Nat, why don’t we just see what they want, they know we are getting married, I love you, and I know you can’t let Amelia just be alone” I sighed and wrapped my arms around him.

“you are right, I hate being nice” he smiled.

“alright, ill take her, for how long”

“till she turns 18” tiffany hands me the folder of paper. I was going to raise her. I swallowed the lump in my throat and told them I will let them know in a week.

 

“bye mommy” Amelia waved as the two most selfish people I knew drove out of her life. Neither of us asked for this, and now I sat on the step with her and her stuff. I was a mom.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story