“natalina , its Justin ,please, just please just call me back’ I sighed as I listened to my voice mail.

‘he’s going to stop calling you know’ Jen said form the living room.

‘good’ I took a swig of vodka I had been nursing for about three weeks since I left his house.

“Nat, really” jen had been staying with me on suicide watch. I was going insane, I shouldn’t have walked out I should have not left I just cant breath.

‘jen why don’t you go home” I sat on the chair and flipped threw the sognso n my ipod.

‘because you are insane and need observation”

“ I do not’ I turned on my sad songs and jen sighed. I was depressing and I pissed off the world. Lynn had called about the ball tomorrow night and she needed me to be there no matter what me and Justin where , I still had a job. I was in no mood for a ball. The dress I had bought a few weeks ago sat in my room.

 

‘listen natalina, I am your best friend, I love you, but this person I see in front of me is letting her past get a hold of her, MOVE FORWARD, with that man you still have”

‘for now’

“yeah for now, he loves you”

‘he shouldn’t’

‘Nat, so you have issues with men, so your scared that he’s going to leave you, will you know what love hurts”

“yeah’ I rolled my eyes

“You know what, I won’t watch this, grow up’ jen stormed out of my apartment.

 

It rang and rang, why bother, he wont pick up, just as I hung up he answered.

“Hello”

‘Hi’

‘Who is this’ I had the mind to hang up. However, I had to do this.

‘Daddy?’

“Natalina?” my heart sank he never noticed when I called him I wanted to scream at him.

“That’s me’

‘Honey, it’s late, what’s wrong?’

‘I just need my dad’

‘Honey, I have to go to work early tomorrow, can’t you call me then’ I sighed into the phone.

“No’ I hear him move and tiffany asks who it is.

“Its natalina’ he says, no concern is in his voice.

‘Tell her it’s late, and she could have woken up Amelia” I hear her say. Amelia my stepsister who was five, im sure was still sleeping.

‘Look dad, I just was wondering if I could come visit.’

“Nat, we always come visit you’

‘yeah, well, I have time off and” he interrupts.

“I don’t have the time to spend with you, look Jake was just here and that made us push back Amelia’s ballet lesions, we need time, give us a month or so”

“Justin and I are breaking up’

‘What did you do?’

“what do you mean what did I do?’

‘You are just like your mother, is it possible you did something?” I sighed and bit my lip.

“I didn’t do anything”

‘Honey, please, I just’

‘You know what you are why I can’t trust my boyfriend, you are why’

“Nat please I don’t have time for this’

“NO YOU ARE GOING TO LISTEN TO ME’ I scream into the phone.

‘Alright”

‘I can’t trust Justin, I can’t seem to get over you leaving us, you never loved me, I see that now, I can’t let you hurt me anymore, I don’t want you to be my father anymore” I held back the tears.

“Alright”

‘Alright? You know what, screw you Steve, I do not want you to send letters to me, I want nothing to do with you, I want you out of my life ‘I hear him sigh.

‘Then I guess I’ll let you go now’

‘No I get to hang up now’ I pressed end on the phone and screamed. Sure, that might scare my neighbors. Now I had some explain to do and try to get my man back.

 

I should just walk in, but the door is locked. You have a key. I knock again.

‘Yo! Im coming hold up” I hear him yell. His face looks surprised to see me standing there, and it had started to rain so I was wet.

‘Natalina?’

‘Hi’

‘Come on, it’s wet out’ he holds the door open and I brush past him. He smells so good.

‘Are you hungry?” he asked.

‘No’

‘Well I am’ I follow him the kitchen. I sit at the stool.

“Well” he says reaching into his cookie jar on the counter.

“I don’t have a father’

“Okay”

“look, Steve left my mother, he never loved us Justin, it scares me because I don’t want to lose you, I know these past weeks I haven’t been the best in showing that’ Justin nodded and took a bite of the Oreo.

“you can get your milk’ I say I noticed him eating the dry cookie, he loves them with milk. He smiles and gets in the fridge and grabbed the gallon.

‘so as I was saying, I have never in my life felt this way, I use to just sleep around, I use to just believe that if you have sex with a man he won leave you, well all 14 of them left me”

“Nat, where else am I going to go?”

‘Look at your love life before me”

“That was past; I can look past yours and mine, can you’

“I want to try Justin I really do’

‘Then do it”

“It’s not that simple”

‘Nat, it is’ I sighed.

“Look im sorry, ill go”

“No stay’ he blocked my way.

“Why?’

‘Because it’s cold and raining outside’

 

I agreed to stay . Now I laid in the guest bedroom. Thunder clapped above. It was messy outside. I watched the bathroom light flicker. I was scared of the dark. There it goes, power was out. I use my cell to try and find a flashlight in the drawer.

“Nat?’ he calls out form the other side of the door.

‘come in Justin’ he opens the door with a candle in his hands.

“ I knew you where scared’ I smile at him as he sat the candle on the night stand.

“ thanks” he nodded and heads out.

“wait” I watch him take a step back.

‘yeah”

‘can we talk?”

“now?”

‘yeah” he shuts the door and sits on the bed. I face him. All you can make out was our shadows.

“look, you where right, I shouldn’t care, and I trust you to a point, and I want to all the way’ I let the tears run down my check. Justin reaches over and wipes them away.

‘Nat, I need you to know I love you, and im not leaving”

‘then can we just work on this?’

‘if you can open up to me’

“I can try” his fingers brushes over my lips and I kiss the tip of his fingers. His hand grips that back of my neck and we kiss. my hands move to his shoulders.

“I cant live with out you, And the only way we do this for real, is you have to move in” he states as we pull apart.

‘ ill do anything you ask me to do’ he smiles and our lips meet again. I grab every part of him I can, this was our second chance. I have to give him a reason to believe I can make this work.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story