I fumbled with the box. It was a tinny black box, in my mind it was heavier then I had thought. I sighed and leaned my head on the back of the chair. I opened the black box and viewed the sliver band.

‘to my heart” it read. It was a simple band with a notch cut out. It was to click with mine. I fixed the other ring and locked in place. Sighing again. This was not a marriage proposal ring it was hey guess what I love you, want to wear a promise ring, ring.

 

Trace had gone with me a few days ago to get it. It had arrived this morning after Andrea left for work. I know some where in the back of my mind that we were scared of our commitment issues, I mean we did both cheat on people to get where we are now. So what is the difference now? Because this was love, this was fate. Since she was born, since I pushed her in the sand box, since the tree house night.

She says in like tapanga and Cory in boy meets world, but we never went to school together, she is 3 years younger then I. How was I to know trace’s sister would be my life?

 

I stuffed the desk chair. I reached for my phone and dialed the numbers. There was one last thing I needed to do.

“Hey, jess, can we meet for lunch?”

 

 

*********

I strummed my fingers on the desk. I hated work. It was slow. I had no appointments. However, I stayed. Kristina sat next to me spinning around in her chair. Her hair had a touch of purple threw it. I swear her hair was like a fucking rainbow.

‘Let’s just leave,” she groans. I laugh at her as she spins her self and looks around at me.

“You’re the boss” she looks at her cell and then out the front door. When it was hot in l.a not too many people wanted to sit around and get their hair did.

“Let’s go get a new tattoo” her eyebrow wiggles at smiles and me. I nodded and grab my stuff.

 

 

***

 

I was nervous, only because my so called ex sat across from me. Jessica had agreed to come here and eat lunch with me, I was glad. I took a deep sigh.

‘look, I just wanted to make sure your okay, I know I did” she held up a hand making me lean back into my chair.

‘Justin, I came because I want us to get back together” I stared at her. Was she for real?

“Jess…’

She leaned closer to me and pressed her lips together. “Justin, I don’t care about Andrea, she’s your best friends sister, that’s it, I want us to work” she reached around and grabbed my hand.

‘jess, I just came here to make a minds, I don’t think” she pressed her lips to mine.

**************

I looked at my self one last time and fluffed the back of my hair. It curled slightly around my face. I felt exposed. Who wouldn’t I had a black lacey bra on that had a pink brown in front , then some boy shorts to match. I ran my hand down my butterflies stomach. He should be here any moment. I eyed the small little bow tattoo on my hip. The ribbon on the bow said j.t. it was cute. I felt the need to show him this was permanent.

I watched the wax on the candle that sat next to the bed. He was an hour late. I sighed a got on my knees blowing each candle out. I looked at the clock. 11:45 pm. Oh yeah, he was late. I grabbed a button up shirt from his side of the closet and wrapped it around me. I flickered a light one in the room and took the lacy lamp covers off. I picked up my cell, nothing.

There was way too many stairs in this house, to walk down in heels. I sighed again as my black heels hit the tile floor.

 

Nope. He was not home, car was not here. I sighed and walked to the fridge and pulled out an ice cream sandwich.

 

12; 15am. All right, he did not answer my texted or my call. Im going to bed, angry and pissed. This was not like him. I was beyond worried.

 

Sleeping was useless. I finally called him at three am and left a million and two voice mail letting him know he better have a good damn reason for this. I sighed and let my self-fall to sleep crying.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story