VALENTINE'S DAY, THE DANCE Justin walked timidly up to Nicole. His palms were sweating he was so nervous. He looked back at JC who waved him on. Clearing his throat, he looked down at Nicole. “Um, Nic, can I talk to you alone?”

“Sure, Justy.” They went over to a quiet part of the stage and she looked at him questioningly.

“Well, see, I got you a present and well, before I explain,” he babbled. He suddenly panicked! “Um, I just wanted to say Happy Valentine’s Day.”

He then turned away, leaving Nicole confused. Justin came back over to the group of guys, almost breathless, grabbed his drink, gulpping a big soda down.

"So when you going to tell her?" JC asked putting his hand on Justin's shoulder

He froze, "Uh, I don't know, I don't want to freak her out and ruin her Valentine's Day," he said, trying to brush him off.

"Come on, don't wimp out. Just go do it. It won't ruin her Valentines Day," JC said reassuringly.

Justin looked up at his friend, "Are you sure?"

"Yes," JC said and urged him on, handing him the gift he was to gave to Nicole.

Taking a deep breath and a shove from JC, Justin went back to the little girl. “Um, Nicole, sorry I left like that. I’m a little nervous. I wanted to give you your present.” He quickly handed her the thin square in heart paper.

She opened it, revealing a heart-framed picture of them that played the tune of ‘Be My Sweetheart’. “Oh, Justin, thank you!” she squealed, reaching up to hug him.

“There’s more.” The 13 year old boy started babbling again. “N-Nicole, I like you. A-a-a lot and I wanted you to have that to show we’ll be friends forever. And...I like you.”

She smiled at his nervousness, it was so cute! She looked back down at the picture in the frame. "I really like this picture, Justin," she said. It was of the two of them, his arm holding her to him and big smiles on both their faces.

She heard him breathe out and looked up. "I-I-I gotta go," he said, and turned to walk away.

"Wait, Justin, I'm sorry," she said, halting him.

He turned around, "Why? I'm the one that ruined your Valentines Day." A confused expression crossed his face.

She gave him a look of disbelief then smiled. "Justy, you didn't ruin it, you made it the best one I've ever had," she answered, still smiling. "I like you too." She reached up to hug him.

“Really?” A smile started to spread across his boyish face as he held her.

Pulling back, she nodded. “I have your gift, too.” She handed him a small wrapped gift and smiled shyly.

Inside was an autographed Anfernee "Penny" Hardaway card; his favorite basketball player. “OH MY, GOD! Nicole, how did you get this?! I love it!” Justin screamed.

Everyone turned to look at him and JC laughed. After all, they were still kids. “I saved up and bought it from my brother’s friend.”

“Aww, you shouldn’t have. Thank you sooo much!” He hugged her tight.

“Can't...breathe, Justin,” she choked.

“Oh, sorry, sweetheart.” They both blushed at the endearment when a slow song started. “So, since we’re Valentine’s and all...would you like to dance?” he asked nervously.

“S-sure,” she answered just as shyly.

He led her to the dance floor, took one hand, and spun her wheelchair with the other.

Oh, Oh...
I want to be...
Yours
Heart of mine, I'm sure you'll agree
We've never been in love before, honestly
I think she's the one
The lady for me
I know she feels the same way sincerely
Girl you're on my mind always
Come feel my nights and my days
You make me so crazy
Darlin' you know I wanna
CHORUS: I want to be yours
I long to be forever yours
I want to be yours
I want to be yours

Every night I go to sleep
I wantcha layin' next to me truthfully
I need ya by my side
To take care of me I'm on my hands and knees, girl
Come on
And show me the way to your heart
How what when where can we start
Don't make me wait forever
Now that you know
I wanna
CHORUS 2x
Oh yeah, I'll be right there
whenever you call me
I'll be there... Just call and I'll come running
I'll be there... Whenever you need me I'll be there


When the song was through, the two kids went to the snack table. Justin glanced up and noticed the proud look on JC’s face across the room. He was proud the boy finally admitted his feelings, they seemed so right for each other. “Thanks again for the card, Nicole,” he smiled.

“No problem, I love the picture.” She giggled at the thought of being his ‘sweetheart’. “So, does this mean we’re...boyfriend/girlfriend?”

His grin widened more if possible. “Ok!” He unconsciously reached for the pretzels...at the same time she did. She looked into his blue eyes as their faces inched closer.

Suddenly their lips touched in a soft, innocent but sweet kiss. They pulled back after a few seconds, both nervous what the other’s reaction would be. It was both of theirs first kiss. They both giggled again, smiles in place.

THE END :)

Completed
MrsTimberlake18 is the author of 41 other stories.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story