Story Notes:
Didn't mean to take it down, was doing some story management and deleted it on mistake.

 

 

Fresh Linen

 

 

The scent of fresh linen fiters through the house like the sweet smell of potpourri. Laundry is the only household chore Chloe could ever get him to agree to. He loved to do laundry. Something about the soft hum of the dryer always seemed to soothe him. I'm kind of worried about him. I don't know if he's ready for this...hell, I don't know if I am for that matter. It took everyone and everything in me to realize that this in essence is the only option.

 

I walk into the laundry room, knocking first, not wantingto alarm him. He acknowledges my presence but doesn't look at me.

 

"I noticed a bag packed sitting by the front door. Are you going to your mom's for the weekend?"

 

"Not exactly."

 

"What does that mean?"

 

"I don't think I can do this anymore."

 

"What are you talking about this?"

 

"This relationship."

 

 

Love was the former owner

But quiet was renting our house

It ceases my lips from speaking

But forms a sarcastic smile 

 

"We are three weeks away from closing on our new house and more importantly, the birth of our child. What' wrong with our relationship?"

 

 

Suspense now raise one of your eyebrows

You ask me if there's someone else

I replied yes...hell yes 

 

"So you're cheating on me now? I knew you wouldn't stick around for long.  Especially seeing as if lately I've been alone anyway."

 

You ask me if it's another man

I say 'No'

You laugh and say is it a woman

I say 'Yes'

Surprisingly you ask me for

Honey's name

 

"You could have told me about another woman. I'm more than willing to share you with another lady. Hell, maybe she's into to me too."

"Leave it to a man to make this completely about you."

 

And her name is me

And she loves me more

Than you'll ever know

And I finally see that

Loving you and loving me

Just don't seem to work at all

 

"Where did all of this come from? I mean I'm not home alot and when I am I need to handle things but I never knew you felt this way."

"You're making this about yourself again. It's not completely your fault though. For the last six years, I've been completely engrossed in your world. It's like the 'Justin Timberlake Express' came into town and I got on and never got off." 

 

So patiently

She's waiting on me

To tell you that she needs love

 

"You've been my world. So much so that I've lost myself in the madness that is your life."

 

And to choose between

You two

Boy you know

If I had to choose

I'd choose me 

 

"Have you been talking to your salt throwing friends again? Everytime you talk to them, you get on this trp about needing space and I don't treat you well and blah, blah, blah; but I'm always here for you."

"Do you realize I've completely let go of my dreams and aspirations for the sake of us and this relationship. I've been so emotionally invested in this that my degree has totally gone down the drain. I was supposed to take the world of finance by storm. But no, couldn't do that. I've stuck by you through all of your ups and downs; NSYNC ending, winning your grammys, the cheating, the drinking, the partying. You getting so wasted that you can't seem to remember who your with? On top of all of that, there was also that paternity suit. Do you remember that?"

Flashback (2 years earlier)

"Hey baby, how was your day?" Chloe had just came in from a business meeting with Justin's accountants about managing the brand.

"I think you need to sit down."

"Okay, what's up?"

Justin hands Chloe the piece of paper in his hand with a look of remorse. As Chloe reads the page, all the color drains from her face. A single tear falls down her left cheek onto her beautiful blue sundress and Justin swears he can see her heart breaking.

"You cheated on me?"

He can't respond; just looks at his shoes like they all of a sudden took on a life of their own.  In a voice barely above a whisper she says:

"I need you to tell me, did you cheat on me?"

"Yes."

"And she's suing you for 1.5 million dollars for emotional distress and another 3 million for the care of your unborn child."

"That's what the paper says."

"Don't you dare stand there and insult my intelligence. I can't believe this mess."

"You weren't having sex with me. What else was I supposed to do?"

Chloe looked at him incredulousy. It's as if he's grown another head.

"You heartless motherfucker! I was mourning the loss of our son. Forgive me for not being in the mood, seeing that I was overwhelmed with grief and all."

"We loss the baby four months ago. I tried to get you into the mood but it's like I didn't even exsist to you anymore."

"Cut the bull! Because I wasn't in a place where I could fuck you at every whim, you go and stick your dick in any skirt that moves? You really hurt me."

End of Flashback 

 

And she told me to tell you

Never to hurt me again

Cause if you haven't heard she's a bad chick

Even though I haven't been, no

 

"I don't think I can stand here and take all of this. Chloe, that happened two years ago. It couldn't have hurt you that much; you stayed."

"Only after you begged me to stay. I was, hell I am still so in love with you that I couldn't imagine my life any other way. You are my life."

Justin tries to leave the room but I'm blocking the door.

"If you don't move out of my way, I'll move you." 

 

Yet and still you try and test me

By raising an angry hand

Put it down, put it down

 

"You know I'm not stopping you from going anywhere. Obviously to you, this conversation is pointless." 

 

I'm leaving don't try and stop me

I'm late and she is waiting

My love for me is too much

So I can't stay 

 

"By the way, tell your mother I said thank you."

"For what?"

"She convinced me to do what is best for me. Before we talked, I wasn't even close to leaving, but now..."

"My momma would never speak against us. She just told me how glad she is that after all these years, we're still together."

"I know, she told me the same thing. She also said that she doesn't think I would be a very good mother, girlfriend, or anything if I don't find myself first. She said that I reminded her of herself when I was her age. She went through a similar situation with your father."

"What does daddy have to do with us?"

"She told me that before you were born, Randy was her life. She did any and everything to make sure his day was alwayws better than the last. Even if that meant sacrificing herself. She worked three jobs the year you were born just so Randy could live out his dream. Your grandparents all but raised you the firsrt two years of your life because she was on the road with your dad. It took your dad hitting her in front of you to give her the courage to leave. It was the one and only time he did it, but that's all she needed."

"I would never put a hand on you."

"You say that now. What happens when the baby is crying and I need your help but your busy. I pick a fight then you haul off and hit me. I can't let that happen. Momma Lynn said that you Timberlake men always have the best intentions but when the pressures on and the stress is too much, you lash. I will not have you trying to hit me, or push me or anything of the sort. I do not know what I'd do if you went that route." 

 

And her name is me

And she loves me more than you'll ever know

And I finally see that

Loving you and loving me

Just don't seem to work at all 

 

"It's not that I've stopped loving you; I honestly don't think that's possible. It's just I have to learn how to love me. I wouldn't be doing you, our baby or myself any justice if I don't." 

 

And patiently she's waiting on me

To tell you that she needs love

And to choose between you two

Boy you know if I had to choose

I'd choose 

 

"I'm trying to learn how to truly love myself. Love myself enough to learn that I deserve better than the man you've been lately. The man that four years ago, treated me like the center of his universe. The man who had so much confidence in us, in me that I felt that confidence. But as soon as something drastic happens to you, you turned into this arrogant, cocky guy that tore me down to raise yourself up again. I dealt with it because I love you and thought that this is what happens in a relationship. But the problems never seemed to end and you stopped treating me like your love, and more like your doormat. I deserve better." 

 

Cause she's actually forming a threesome

And I'm happy that I can join them

There names are me, myself and I

And her name is me

She's waiting on me to tell you

That she needs love 

 

"As much as I'm head over heels for you, I need time to fall in love with me."

"I understand. I just wish I could have helped some kind of way. Will you come back to me?"

"You're willing to wait?"

"For as long as it takes. It's the least I can do. Just promise me something."

"Yes."

"Don't fall out of love with me while falling for you."

"I'll try."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

I pick up my bag and head out the door. He stops me as I reach the doorstep and pulls me into a huge embrace.

"Please come back to me."

"As soon as I find me, I'm yours."

 

Gotta choose between you too

And you know if I have to choose

I choose me

 

I give him one last kiss then head to my car. The memory of fresh linen burnt into my brain, the only chore I could ever get him to do.  

 


Completed
Keediluv is the author of 22 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked Me also liked 206 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story