Story Notes:
I wrote this story three years ago but it's still as relevant to many others and myself today. 
Author's Chapter Notes:
This is by far the most personal story I'll ever write.  The events that happen in the story are true (as you all know) and this is not meant to offend anyone.  Just telling my side. Written in P.O.V.

 

 

August 27, 2005

Sierra-Marie

It is a beautiful day outside as I look out from my balcony connected to my bedroom.  I have to be at work in 4 hours and I'm actually excited.  My 23rd birthday is in two days, the weather's hot and I have everything to be thankful for.  A loving family that consists of my mommy Anjel', my daddy Kenneth, my two younger sisters Symone' and Sienna and my baby girl Brianna .  Yes, I have a daughter; no I didn't have her out of wedlock.  She's 3 years old and her daddy Brian and I were married fresh out of high school before he got deployed to Iraq where he died saving his unit.  Getting over his death hasn't been easy and everytime I look into Bri's eyes I see him but, he was a good man and he died doing what he did best; helping others.  I love him still and I know he's looking over us now.  Ok, I've given you enough heavy stuff for the day so now I'd like to tell you about my city.

New Orleans

I know to most of you that New Orleans is seen as party central which is true to a certain extent.  But there's so much more to my city than just Bourbon St.  There's Downtown, Uptown, Mid-City, N.O. East (where I'm from), the Westbank, Meitarie and Kenner; and that's just the broad span of things.  The city is broken up into wards...3rd, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th (lower 9th included), 10th, 12th, and 17th.  I know I'm probably forgetting some so forgive me if I'm a little off.  Anyway, my city is so rich with different cultures and people that you never know what you'll see from day to day.  What can I say; I love my city!

"Mommy!"  My daughter says coming toward me with a huge smile on her face and very sticky fingers. 

"Has Auntie Symone' been feeding you Ice Cream again?"  I say picking her up and bringing her into the bathroom to clean her up.

"Vanilla good mommy."  She says giggling as I blow into her tummy; she loves that. 

"I know baby, I know.  Mommy likes Chocolate though.  Okay, all clean."  I put her down and she takes off in search of my sister who lives with me.  Symone is 18 and she moved in with me after my husband died to help me out with Bri.  She attends Moler Beauty School and dreams of owning a few beauty/barber salons.  That girl can do some hair.  She's been styling since she was eleven and she currently works at Lucky's, the hottest salon in the city.  Brian and I purchased our three bedroom townhouse in Lakeshore right before we had Brianna.  I work at The Ritz-Carlton as a server and I absolutely love my job.  It's the best company to work for and I wouldn't trade the people I work with for any amount of money in the world.  Speaking of work, I'd better start getting ready.  Symone still has to do my hair and I have to drop Brianna off by her grandparents (Teresa and Michael) before I go.

Holla Back

Si-Si



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story