"Daddy, I don't think it's such a good idea for you guys to stay home.  Please just come to Little Rock with us."  I pleaded while going at a snails pace to Arkansas to be with Brian's family.  My sisters, My mom and my daughter are with me .  My Daddy decided that he and my uncle David would stay to look over our houses, saying we put too much money and effort into our homes to watch them get washed away.  You know how men are when the set their minds to something.  It's nearly impossible to get them to change their minds, category 5 hurricane or not.  My momma offered to stay behind with them but they wouldn't hear of it.

 

Brian's Mom called me and said that we could stay with them at her family house and we quickly obliged not really having anywhere else to go.  This ride is usually only six hours but that was six hours ago and we still aren't there yet.  The traffic is bananas but better than what it's like toward Houston. Brianna has been behaving really well considering how hot it is because we can't afford to waste the gas.  I have a hybrid but I'm at half a tank and the nearest gas station is 145 miles away and we're not sure if they have gas or not.  Daddy is a stubborn old man.  Symone, Sienna and Momma asked him to leave and he still said no.  We'll just pray for him and all the other people whether they're stuck or not. 

 

I've never really been scared of hurricanes before but we've never experienced a storm this strong before either.  Symone's boyfriend Terrence can't leave because his mother is sick and can't afford to leave on such short notice so needless to say, she's not very settled right now.  Sienna doesn't have anyone other than us in her life right now so she's been really helpful trying to keep everyone's minds off everything.  You gotta love a sense of humor because right now, we really need it.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story