Author's Chapter Notes:

Well, thanks to everyone who's reading...here's chapter 7!

 

 

August 29th, 3pm 

 

Sierra-Marie

 

I feel as if I'm stuck in a really bad dream.  We still haven't heard from my daddy which is driving me crazy.  Symone is barely holding on and my momma looks numb.  She just keeps mumbling 'if he's okay, I'll kill em'.  Brianna has been playing with the lady situated next to us' daughter because they were getting restless and needed an outlet of some sort.  We're stuck in this hot ass Astrodome needing a shower and a comfortable place to sleep.  As you can assume, this has captured alot of attention and everybody who's anybody is here trying to help out.  Even political folks and celebrites from all over who happened to be in the local area.  I saw Justin Timberlake and Cameron Diaz walk in an hour ago and head straight to the Red Cross area.  That was nice of them. 

"Excuse me, Mrs. Barbara Bush is about to give a statement to the media so if we can have silence, we'd appreciate it." 

I guess that was the director of the dome' over the PA.  This should be interesting to say the least.

Brian Derricks of CNN: Mrs Bush, have you had the chance to speak to your son about this national disaster?

Mrs. Bush: Not yet but I'm sure he and his team are putting in the hours to get everyone out of harms' way.

For some reason, they decided to do the interview where all the kids were quietly playing with the building blocks that were set up for them.  Mrs. Bush bends over and picks up Brianna which needless to say, got the attention from my sisters and my momma.  I was already watching Bri like a hawk, not needing anything to happen without my knowing.  They were airing the statement over the PA as well so the whole room was quiet.

Brian: What do you think of the people working together to get these nice folks some help?

Mrs. Bush: Well, it appears that everyone is doing a fantastic job and I would expect nothing less of the great state of Texas.  Alot of these people were really poor and didn't have this kind of luxury so I'm sure this little set up is a nice change for them.

Flabbergasted, Brian looks around the room where you could hear a pin drop and says

Brian: What do you mean?

Mrs. Bush: Well Brian, New Orleans is a nice city and all but it was not the richest place in the world.  Most of these folks came from nothing so I know this is a step up, that's all.

After everyone in the room took a collective gasp, Mrs. Bush's reps thought it would be best if they ended her statement there and leave.  She told her interviewer thank you as she was rushed out of the building.

"What the fuck did that bitch say?" 

I looked around to see who was responsible for that voice and it was none other than my loud ass sister.  Well, that started a rant from other representatives from New Orleans who were (along with myself of course) completely appalled by the former first lady's remarks.  We may not have had much but I can guarantee that most of the people here OWNED their property and she had NO right to say such a thing.  Some of the volunteers helped to quiet folks down and started handing out lunch.  Wow!

 

Sienna

Ok, so this is not the way Si-Si wanted to spend her birthday I'm sure.  Hopefully, getting an autograph from Justin Timberlake will lighten her spirits a bit.  We've actually ran across some people we know from our neighborhood and some from my high school.  I'm standing in line for dinner with Jasmine (a friend from school), Brianna and Jasmine's little sister.  Justin said he'd sit and entertain the kids for a little while after and I for one was looking forward to that.  I think it's so nice of him and his girlfriend to come here and help out.  They certainly didn't have to.

Here's a little secret of Sierra's; she's a huge fan of Nsync and Justin himself.  She listens to No Strings Attached and Celebrity all the time and Justin's her favorite.  Brian and Si-Si's first dance was to This I Promise You and she's been to every concert in within a three state radius.  Yeah, I'd call that dedication.

"Hey there.  I'm Justin, what's your name?" He asks Brianna.

"Breeeeeannna"  She's learning to say her whole name.  So cute!  Justin laughs deep and says...

"Aren't you the cutest thing ever!  Cam, I think I got myself a new girlfriend."

"I couldn't even blame you baby, she is adorable." 

"Can I hold her?"  Justin asks me with wide eyes.  He is seriously taken with my niece.

"Sure."  He takes Bri from me and walks away from the volunteer table and sits in the little play area they have put up for the children.  Sierra walks over to us, amazed that Justin is sitting there playing with Brianna and the other kids.

"How long has he had her?"  She asks in a whisper.

"Only about ten minutes now.  I think he's in love with your baby."  She looks at the two of them with the softest smile playing on her lips. I think her crush just intensified. Justin looks up at the two of us and smiles brightly.

"You must be Brianna's mom.  I'm-"

"Justin Timberlake.  I'm a fan.  You look good with my baby on your arm."  Brianna hear's her mother's voice and looks up laughing.

"Mama, Jussin's nice man, really, really nice."  She giggles and begins to pull on his ears for whatever reason.  This is really a site to see.  Symone' and mama walks over to us and My mommy rests her head on my shoulder.

"Hey mommy, you tired?" I ask her kissing her forehead.  I may be only 17, but she's my baby too.

"Yeah.  Is that who I think it is?"

"Yes ma'am.  Justin looks up again and sees all these women starting to crowd him and the kids so I introduce them.   

"Jusitn, this is my other sister Symone' and my mommy Anjel'."  He extends his hand and greets them warmly."

"Nice to meet all of you.  I'm so sorry about what happened but I'm glad your safe."

"Thank you.  I'm going to lie down girls, see you later."  My mom must be worried sick about my daddy.  I can't believe he decided to stay behind.  He can be a hard old coot when he wants too.  I leave with my mom, going to sit with her so she won't be alone.

 

Sierra-Marie

7pm

Dinner was being served now and Justin was still entertaining the kids.  Something about him and Brianna together pulls at my heatstrings.  Here is my ultimate crush holding on to the sole reason I'm a better person and all I can do is smile.  She is completely amazed by him and she seems to love his eyes.  Some of the other parents come and get their kids for dinner and Justin comes and sits with Bri and myself at a table in the corner.

"I'm in love with your daughter.  She is so fascinating to me."  Justin says as he helps her eat her mac and cheese.

"Thank you.  Do you have alot of experience with kids?"

"Not really.  I mean my brothers when they were kids and some of my friends kids but I don't get much time to spend with them.  Again, I'm sorry about what's happened with you guys.  Did everyone in your family get out alright?"

"No, my daddy and uncle decided to stay and try to protect our homes though I don't see the point in it.  He can be as stubborn as a bull when his mind's set on doing somethng." 

"Oh my gosh, I'm sorry.  Well, I'm sure he'll make it out alright."

"Yeah, I hope so."  I didn't really think about him not making it, he has to.  He has no other choice.

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story