Story Notes:
AN: ok so i was gonna post this after i posted the fic i finished last week but i havent heard back from my friend choosing the banner for it. so, here's this one to tide you over. it may seem similar to "broken" but i assure you its way better. this is co-written by a new friend, natalie and we'll probably have this finished soon becaue we're working on it everyday. i want to thank natalie for the wonderful details and help. :)
Author's Chapter Notes:
pg-13 just to be safe.

Just after sunset in the city that never goes to bed, many would describe it as the best city in the world. It was June 19 and humid but the heat was bearable. Down the streets of Manhattan, there were tons of people; taxi’s in every direction. Down on Second Avenue was Southern Hospitality, a small restaurant where the sign is the first thing you notice.

On the inside right side of the restaurant was a little café, with pictures on the walls such as Elvis and Johnny Cash. In the back, a private room that could sit 40 or so people but usually only sat ten; reserved for the best.

At the table, Trace Ayala nursed a Heinkien beer as always and was a tad drunk. On his right was Eytan who had a somewhat childish face. And where Trace was, Justin Timberlake was. He sat with them holding his only girl Nicole. His Baby Girl. Her crutches laid under the table. Also joining the group were Nick and Rachael, Justin’s cousins; and another childhood friend Kyle.

Rachael, who was also Justin’s assistant, was watching the Green Bay Packers game quietly. They were all reminiscing about the good old days when they used to hear Al Green was at the general store and hop right on their bikes to meet him. But you could sense the tension between the friends. Kyle was jealous because Justin had the looks, the talent, the money, and the perfect girl. Kyle was stuck down in Tennessee the majority of his life, watching Justin's fame aired on TV.

The dark-haired 27 year-old grumbled again as the couple kissed. “How long’s this flavor lasting?”

Trace could see the anger in Justin’s glare at Kyle. Nicole noticed it too and leaned into whisper in her boyfriend’s ear. “Don’t worry, he’s always saying that. I love you, you know that, right?”

“I love you too, Baby Girl.” He kissed her again. “He can't ruin our night.”

Even though Nicole played it off, Justin knew the comments hurt. She had been bullied and ridiculed ever since high school and it lasted even now that she was 26 because of her disability. Or whatever people chose to use.

Justin and Nicole met a couple years before they started dating. They met in Southern Hospitality of all places.  When they first met, they knew that there was a connection between them but never pursued their feelings because they did not want it to ruin their friendship. One night they headed back to Justin’s apartment and looked out his window into the Hudson River, admiring the city’s buildings light up the night sky. They slowly moved closer and their hands touch. He turned her to him and gazed into each other’s eyes. Then he reached in for a kiss. That kiss was the best kiss they have ever had. They fell in love that night and have been together ever since.

Even after two year’s of dating Justin, she still didn’t like public attention. But, because of him, she was more confident in herself and was trying to overcome whatever was in the way. She would smile and talk more if there weren’t too many people and she was now on crutches full-time unless traveling with Justin.

After they remembered how the couple met, they thought everything was ok but the tension was still in the air. Eytan tried to start a conversation about the weather, politics, anything as a distraction.

Trace jumped to try too. "Hey, J, you would never guess who I ran into the other day. J, are you listening to me?” he asked. "My God, Justin, just leave it alone!” He slammed his beer in front of the man. “So, I was thinking for the next William Rast fashion show we could have you perform to attract more people, it would be a good move for us."

But it didn’t work. Justin and Kyle weren’t listening as they continued their silent fight. He sat across from him and blatantly kicked Nicole’s crutches into their legs. That was it and the group knew Justin wouldn't stand for any kind of insult or abuse towards his girlfriend.

The two men kicked back their chairs and stood, challenging each other with glares. "So, I heard you bought a new apartment. What, you WEREN'T pleased with the one you had?” Kyle taunted. “I'm just saying, you like roaming around town with the girls. Your just going to break your BABY Girls's heart." He put emphasis on ‘baby’ as to taunt Nicole’s innocent nature before turing to the woman. "Don't worry, Nicole. I know how to satisfy a woman."

This infuriated Justin and the anger was so palpable you could suffocate. Yes, Nicole was somewhat innocent in personality but that was because she grew up with affection and praise, it was what she thrived on. It made her feel she did something good in the world so of course Justin liked that side. He also loved how mature she was when facing adversity or a serious situation. He loved that she was innocent in the way she didn’t know the true dangers in the world, such as what was happening with the war, so it didn’t burden her thoughts or heart.

Now, some people would think not knowing that stuff would be bad but she just didn’t understand it so how could she really do anything? But she did know her brother fought for their country and was proud of him.

But this wasn’t about politics, this was about someone personally insulting the intelligence and well-being of Justin’s girlfriend. She’d been hurt too much before and he vowed to protect her.

Just barely stopping the men from lunging at each other, Nick grabbed Kyle while Trace grabbed Justin. "Justin, come on man, just let it go!"

Justin replied, "I'm not going to touch him, so shut up, Trace! He needs to know when to keep his mouth shut.” Looking directly in Kyle's eyes he continued, "you don't know what she has been though, and it is so disturbing you don’t want to know. So shut up and leave her alone."

For the sake of the safety of Rachael and Nicole, he stormed towards the back door. Nicole, with the help of Rachael grabbed her crutches and followed Justin. She turned his face so they were looking at each other and could see the tears in his eyes.

He looked at her and said, "I can't stand it when people say stuff about you, I can only hold it in for so long. I can't stand it.” A tear fell from his eye, rolling down his cheek onto her hand.
Chapter End Notes:
AN: please review and tell us what you think :).


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story