Author's Chapter Notes:
here's the 2nd chapter and there will be a few more i think. i dont know, havent thought too far ahead yet lol. i also made a trailer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woqFfRN-skE
Not being noticed, Kyle slipped into the dark as the group headed inside again. They gathered their stuff after paying, Justin’s head on Nicole’s shoulder as he led her from behind, kissing her neck quickly and saying, “I love you.”

Shocked by what just happened Trace, Eytan, and Nick went to where Justin and the two girls where. “Hey, J, are you alright? I’ve never seen you get so mad before. I don’t know what has been going on with him lately,” Nick said.

Justin and Nicole where distant from the rest of the group, holding each other and calming one another down. “I love you Nicole. Don’t listen to what the other people say. I love you.” Justin helped Nicole on her crutches and headed towards the rest of the group, going back inside and sitting down.

“Hey Natalie, can you get a round of shots," Trace asked.

Natalie was Eytan's girlfriend and the manager of Southern Hospitality. She was close to Justin and his friends and family. Natalie and Nicole have been best friends for years and had always been there for her.

Realizing whom it was, everybody told Natalie to join the group and stop working her butt off all the time. "Yeah, okay. Thanks, sounds good." Natalie made her way over to Eytan after giving everyone a quick hug and kiss.

The group remained silent, still in shock over what happened. Natalie looked at Nicole and realized what happened, after remembering she saw Kyle storm out of the restaurant. "So, it’s Kyle again? Hug. He is never going to learn, is he? Nic, are you okay?"

Nicole replied in a sadden voice, "yeah, of course I am. Just look at him,” she indicated her boyfriend. “How can I get sad?"

Trying to brighten Justin's spirits, she answered, "Yeah. Tell me about it. You’re lucky to have a guy like him watching over you."

Justin laughed, and piped in, "you don't have to tell me."

"Ohh, looks who is conceited now?” Natalie replied and the group laughed.

"You know what we haven’t done in awhile? Go to the club and party! We should," Nick put in. Trace and Eytan agreed. “How about you, Jus?”

The young man looked at his girlfriend. “I don't know, guys.”

“No, Country Boy, you should. It’ll take your mind off things,” she told him.”

“Yeeeah, ok, I’ll go,” he said reluctantly.

“How about you, girls?” Trace asked.

"Party, since when I've I said no to that?" Rachael cheered.

“How about you baby?” Eytan asked Natalie.

"No, I'm tired. I'll come next time. I am going to bring Nicole home for Justin."

"No, babe you have to come! We never see you anymore," Eytan whined.

"Alright I’ll come after I take Nicole home, because I at least want to change out of these dreadful clothes. Then I'll swing by for a little while."

"Now that sounds better," Eytan grinned, running his fingers threw her hair.

“Go easy on her, boy,” Trace chimed drunkenly.

“Well the escalade is outside if you guys what to get going,” Justin told the group. The group gathered their things and headed out the front entrance. After saying goodbye to everyone, Nick, Trace, Eytan, and Rachael hopped into the escalade; avoiding the flashing lights from the paparazzi.

Helping Nicole get into the car, Justin said, “Baby Girl, I’ll see you later. Don’t wait up, you need your sleep.”

“Okay, Justin, I love you”

“I love you, too.”

He shut the door and Natalie drove off. A few minutes later, the black escalade took off with everyone, heading towards the NYC hotspot Suede, which was owned by Eytan and a pal of his.
---
When Natalie arrived at the house she knew something did not feel right, but carried on. She helped Nicole out of the car and into the apartment.

As they sat on the couch, Nicole looked around and saw flowers in a vase, set on a table in the small hallway.

“Nic, are you alright?” her friend asked.

The girl looked up. “What? Oh, yeah, Justin must’ve sent those one of the times he was out.”

“Yeah, that man’s always running around traveling. I don't know how you keep track of him.”

“Yeah, he just got home yesterday. He’s heading to LA in a week or two to lay down beats before heading somewhere else for the main part of recording.”

“He’s finally working on the album? Cool, good for him!” Natalie replied. “Can't wait to see what it’s comes out like.” She paused. “So, what happened tonight?”

"Kyle started in on Justin again. He won't leave him alone."

“Is he ok?”

“Eh, he will be eventually. You know how he is – just worries about everyone before himself.”

“Yeah, he’s a good guy. He loves you,” Natalie commented. “J has to slow down some time though.”

“I know, he’s going to wear himself out. But they’ve got his schedule so booked and you know he can't keep still for long,” Nicole said.

“Well, that’s the Justin we all fell for. How are you feeling about it?”

“I’m ok as long as he is.”

“Yeah, I give you a lot of credit, Nicole.”

“Thanks, Nat. I couldn’t have done anything without him.”

"You know, maybe we should just go out one day, just me and you, no boys, we'll have fun. We deserve it after all. Don't we?"

“Oh my, God! I’ve been dying for a Girl’s day. The guys have their game days, why can't we?” she answered.

“Yeah, tell me about it. What's wrong with these men?”

“Do you even have to ask? They’re men,” Nicole laughed.

“Ain’t that the truth! They keep us busy.”

“They sure do. I love Justin and our connection but sometimes I can't figure him out.”

"Yeah, I run into the same problem with Eytan, he drives me crazy. The sad part is that we never get to see each other because we are always working."

“Same with Justin. Half the time I can't travel with him, the other half he’s in the studio.”

"It’s hard. I'm waiting for the day, when its just me and him, and no cell phone ringing. Just me and him, you know?"

“I know, but they love it and it just wouldn't be right if they didn’t do what they love.”

"Yeah, I know it sounds selfish, but I have a dream, you know that one day we will be in a huge house with our kids running around, and no paparazzi 24/7. We will be in the city, and everyone will be happy and no more fighting between anyone."

“I want to move to Memphis and get a house. I know Justin would like that.”

“Hangon, the boyfriend’s calling me,” Natalie interrupted. “Hey Baby, I'm at Nicole's house, yup, I’m leaving now. Okay. I love you, Baby. Be there in a few minutes. Alright, bye.”

“They bugging you about the club?”

“Yeah, I should go before they have one of the guards drag me there.”

Nicole laughed, “ok, I’ll walk you out.”

"Thanks Nicole. I'll talk to you soon and we'll plan the day we want to go out. Alright. Give me a hug before I leave." The two friends hugged and Natalie left leaving Nicole alone at the house.

Nicole balanced on her crutches as she walked into the hall to look at the flowers. They were beautiful red roses, her favorite. There was a card attached to them. She thought it odd it was typed instead of written; Justin hardly ever typed. It read, ‘To my Baby Girl, the sweetest rose of  all.’

“Aww, Baby Boy, that’s so sweet!” she said aloud. She loved the little things he did for her. Even the random stuff he said was cute.

“Oh, thank you, doll,” a deep voice said behind her. Out of the shadows of the kitchen, Kyle appeared. He was wearing dark-washed jeans, a black t-shirt and black baseball cap.

“Kyle!” she gasped, nearly falling from her over-sensitive reflexes being startled. After the way he had argued with Justin tonight, much less acted the last few weeks, she thought she had a right to be nervous. “What are you doing here?”

“Well, I figured, since my buddy JT went out I’d check on you.” He took a step forward, slightly smirking as she stepped back. “I still can't believe he left his PRECIOUS girlfriend all alone at an hour like this.”

Nicole gulped, suddenly trying to remember her few years of martial arts and self-defense training. “He needed to cool off a bit, h-he’s allowed.”

He walked closer, backing her into the wall. Nicole cursed herself for being stuck in a corner. Where were the guards when she needed them? Oh, right, she insisted one not be outside the door. When Justin had gone away, she had one for going out in public but didn’t want one in their space, understandably. Although, she was pretty good at self-defense, having learned a form of cane defense years ago, she now realized why bodyguards were needed.

“Of course, it’s just – come on, Nic, you know you're better off with me.”

“Get out of here, Kyle!” she shouted, trying to sound strong. She knew how to hurt him but he was so much stronger than her.

He suddenly slammed his hand against the wall, close to her head, which caused her to flinch. The twisted smile never left his lips as he whispered, “where’s your sweet Justin Timberlake now?”


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story