Author's Chapter Notes:

For the sake of this story, Justin is single.  Also, I changed the order because I re-read it and noticed that I put different days that all it went down so it starts on one day and it'll all come to a head on Justin's birthday.  You'll be able to follow, trust me.

Ki

 

 

Monday, 6pm

 

“Justin, if you don’t come down here and help me, I’m not cooking anything for your dinner tonight.” 

 

I was at Justin’s helping him prepare for a business meeting/reception he was having with his partners at William Rast but he left me to do the bulk of the work.  I had already prepared the appetizers for his guests but he had to have a pan of lasagna for himself.  You see, I was Justin’s personal chef years ago and we’ve been friends ever since.  He still calls me from time to time to cater certain events for him.  I wouldn’t go calling us BFF’s or anything because well, I used to work for him but he really is one of my good friends and the sole reason Josh and I know each other. 

 

I didn’t come over to do this though.  We are also supposed to be discussing his birthday plans.  I’m always in charge of all things food for his birthday so I was here to do a job.  It won’t happen though if he doesn’t get down here.  He must have noticed my mood because he bounded down the stairs in an all black sweat suit with fresh white socks, smiling from ear to ear before kissing my cheek and sitting down. 

 

“Where’s my Janey poo?  You were supposed to bring her here with you.”

“I tried but there was no prying her away from her father today.  He insisted on keeping her and she pleaded to stay.  I told her that her boyfriend would miss her but she just giggled and said silly mommy!  So, let’s get started so I can get back to my family.

 

We hashed out everything for his ‘Trip through Italy’ feast and I started on his dish while he waited for his guests to arrive.  I put the almost finished product into the oven and grabbed my bag before heading out the door.  Justin caught up to me as I got to the elevator of the building.  Grabbing my hand, he spun me around to face him, startling me in the process.

 

“J, have you lost your mind?  You should just grab people like that.”  I spoke angrily.

“I’m sorry Melody.  I just didn’t want you to leave yet.  I wanted everyone to meet my wonderful friend and chef.”  He answered exasperated knowing he’d pissed me off.  He also held onto my hand longer than a single man should hold onto a married woman.  Justin and I always had this wonderful working and personal chemistry that neither of us dared to speak on.  He knew it probably wouldn’t have worked out and I fell madly in love with one of his very best friends.  I pulled my hand away quickly after that thought and started back toward the elevator.  I guess he pulled me away unknowingly.

 

“I already told you J, I need to get back to Josh and Janella for dinner.  I’ll be over here tomorrow to meet with Lynn and every other day this week.”

“I know but I really want you to meet my new partners.  They love the food and want to meet the chef.”  Justin said knowing I wouldn’t turn down any potential clients.  I grimaced, looked at my watch and told him I would but it would be a short meeting since I had to be home to be with my family.  I had already spent most of my day with him and I was not missing dinner with my babies.   I allowed him to pull me back into his penthouse and introduce me.  Everyone told me they really enjoyed the appetizers and couldn’t wait until I hosted another event for him.  I told everyone thank you, hugged Justin and flew out the door.  Josh told me that he’d take care of dinner tonight so take my time but I really just wanted to be around him without the hassle of work to worry about.

 

I pulled up to our building and walked calmly to the door, handing Darren, one of the valets my car keys. 

“Could you do me a favor and gas her up for me?  Also, run her through the car wash.  Thanks.”  Darren was one of the only people besides JC of course that I let handle my car.  A 2009 Audi A8 all white with tan leather interior and wood grain paneling, she was a thing a beauty.  The ultimate treat to myself after getting that raise at work.  I’m the dean of students at the Culinary Institute of America and they just gave out 5% raises because of a major bump in enrollment.  I ride the elevator up to the 24th floor whistling and humming along to the musiak happily as I exited.  I grabbed my keys out of my larger than necessary bag and silently opened the door. 

 

The living room was dimly lit with the television being the only source of sound in the room.  I put my keys and bag on the table by the door and grabbed the remote, shutting off the TV.  I thought nothing of it and made my way into the kitchen.  Josh’s idea of dinner was hot dogs and chili with French fries.  I guess it’s what my baby wanted so I didn’t complain.  I went to look for them first stopping in the master bedroom but they weren’t there.  Checked the master bath but they weren’t in there either.  I slowly walked down the long hallway with this nervous feeling creeping up in my stomach.  I didn’t like that feeling.  Reaching my daughter’s room, I opened the door to find her fast asleep in her new big girl bed.  I smiled to myself, a feeling of relief washing over me.  My baby girl was safe and sound.  I walked farther into the room so I could kiss her forehead.  I needed to feel her, to reassure myself.  She stirred a little but didn’t awaken.  There was a light scent of perfume in her room but thought nothing of it.  Josh must be in his studio. 

 

I stopped in my bedroom again to quickly change into something much more comfortable.  I decided to go with my matching Pink pajamas from Victoria’s Secret before going downstairs.  The same scent of perfume that was lingering in Janey’s room was also in the hallway getting stronger by the minute so intrigued, I quickened my pace to the studio.  I got to the door but hesitated opening it because I heard voices in hushed tones.  I peeked in through the door and for a moment, willed my heart to start beating again.

 

There was JC pushed against a wall next to his switchboard with Amanda’s leg wrapped around him.  She was suckling on his Adam’s apple and while it appeared that he was trying to remove her bra from underneath her blouse.  I knew I shouldn’t be watching this but I had to see how far he’d go before her stopped.  I saw the black, lace bra hit the floor and his hands quickly replaced the supportive device.  Amanda moaned loudly as he took her left nipple into his mouth.  She threw her head back in ecstasy as he continued his assault on her upper body.  She started grinding her lower body against him as he struggled to release himself from his pants and lift her skirt at the same time.  I couldn’t believe was I was seeing but again, I couldn’t turn away. 

“Put it in baby, don’t make me beg.”   Amanda said.

“Oh, you’d beg for it huh?  I think I may need to see that.”  He has that sultry look in his eye.  The look he’d give me right before we made love.  I think I’m going to be sick.  She grabbed his left hand and the sparkle from the diamonds in his wedding band caught his eye and just like that, he pushed Amanda away from him and told her she needed to leave.

“I know you aren’t worried about you’re wife.  Didn’t you say she’d be out until 9pm?  It’s only 8:15, we have time.”

“This shit isn’t right!  I almost slept with you and for what?!”  He was starting to lose control of his voice.  He must have scared her because she just pulled on her clothing and started toward the door where I stood, shell shocked.  She turned around to say something before she got a look at me and suddenly feeling like I’d lose everything I consumed in the last 24 hours, I backed up and made noise pretending I hadn’t been there the whole time.  I plastered on my best fake smile before turning the knob, walking into the room.  Josh stood there like a deer caught in headlights while Amanda scurried past me and out the door.  He looked disheveled, scared and guilty.  As soon as she left, I dropped the fake smile and turned in Jace’s direction.  I walked up to him, putting one hand in his hair and the other on his zipper.  I just let the tears fall where they may  and zipped his pants.  I whispered in his ear…

“You left your fly undone.”

  

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: cheaterjc