Part Three

 

“We... got divorce three months ago... she asked me that... and I accepted... she decided to leave the apartment...”

“But... again... why? What the heck happened?”

“Justin... I don’t want to talk about it...”

“I’m sorry... where is she?”

“She is at her parents’s house...”

“Did you try to talk with her?”

“About what? She doesn’t want me there...”

“She always seems so in love with you...”

“Yeah... well... can we stop talking about it?... I really don’t want to...”

“Fine... fine...”

         On the next day, Justin went to see Melanie, she had been his friend since so long... why didn’t she gave him  call?... JC was his friend too... why both of them decided to hide this? No of them told him about it.

“Hi Mel”

“Justin! What are you doing here?”

“Well... I wanted to see you, may I come in?”

“Sure, come in...”

         Justin entered the apartment, then they both sat on a couch in the living room.

“I really came to talk to you” Justin said

“About what?” Melanie asked

         Justin looked at the floor, he didn’t know how to ask her about her divorce, he didn’t want her to thought he was intruder.

“You can tell me...” she said

“Well... I just wanted to know what happened between you and JC? Why did you divorce him?” he asked

“What?” she asked a little confused, “Justin... that happened a long time ago, don’t you think?”

“But I knew about it yesterday...”

“Yesterday?”

“yeah... JC didn’t tell anybody about it!”

“What?... He hid it?”

“Yes...”

“I...” she looked the clock that was hanging in the wall, “Oh... I hve to go...” she said standing up, “can we talk about this some other day?”

“How about tomorrow?” Justin asked

“Uhm... ok... we can have lunch if you want...”

“Awesome... should I pick you up?”

“Yeah... ok...”

“Ok then... bye!” he said standing up

“Bye Justin!” Melanie said while he left the apartment

         Next day, Justin picked up Melanie. Then they had lunch, and she explained Justin why she decided to divorce JC. Justin thought she had been to extremist.

“Mel... all those reasons... don’t you think it’s too much... I mean... when you marry him, you loved him... and besides... you knew how his job was...” he stopped, “you knew how my life was... JC and I do the same thing... we don’t have all the time in the world...”

“You’re having lunch with me right now... you have some time...”

“It’s not the same...”

“You just said it’s the same...”

         Justin didn’t answer, and he realized Melanie was right, at least in some points. But he just couldn’t believe JC let her go just because of his album. She was so beautiful and perfect... how could he done that?.

         After lunch, Justin and Melanie got into his car and went to Justin’s apartment to talk a little bit more.

Meanwhile, JC was leaving the studio, he decided not to work for the rest of the day. For some reason he needed to rest... and even more now that Justin had begun asking about his divorce with Melanie.

“I guess it would be better If I told him everything at once...” JC thought, “I’ll go see him and tell him about the divorce... maybe I could get some distraction also...”

         He got into his car and start driving. In Justin’s apartment, he let Melanie got inside.

“Have a sit” he said, “make yourself at home”

“Thankss...”

         They both sat on the couch.

“What’s wrong, Mel... you look so sad”

“It’s just... you made me remember so many things, Justin... things that made me sad...” she said looking down.

“I’m sorry, it wasn’t my intention... I needed to know what happened... JC is my friend too, and he didn’t want to talk about this...”

“Yeah... well...”

         JC was parking his car next to Justin’s.

“I’m tired of crying for him, Justin... I... don’t know what to do anymore...” she said hugging him

“But Mel... don’t feel bad about this... you decided to divorce...” he looked at her.

She was so beautiful... her blond hair, her eyes, her skin, her lips... Melanie looked up at him.

“We all make mistakes sometimes...” he stopped for a second, “All of us, Mel...” he said before kissing her lips softly.

         Melanie didn’t kiss him back, but she didn’t move away either.

“Why did Justin left his apartment door open...” JC said to himself while he entered Justin’s apartment.

         He gave a few steps and he saw it. They... were kissing? Him? His friend?... The one who was asking why the hell he divorced Melanie. But... Why? Why were they doing this to him? He wasn’t able to understand it...

“Justin...” It was the only thing JC could say.

         Melanie and Justin moved away immediately when they heard his voice.

“What’s going on?” JC asked confused

“JC we can...” Justin started to say

“I’m sorry if I interrupted you...” JC said not letting Justin to explain.

“JC!” Justin said standing up, but Melanie stopped him, “What are you doing?” he asked.

“Leave him alone... he probably need it...”

“We have to tell him this didn’t mean anything... I was... It was my mistake...!” Justin explained

“I know... it’s ok... just let him be alone for awhile... he need to calm down... we will explin him later...”

“Please... tell me that you’ll give him another chance...”

“I think he have to give me another chance...”

         After an hour of driving nowhere, JC decided to come back to his apartment. He entered it, meanwhile, Justin and Melanie left Justin’s apartment.

JC threw his keys on a table... he was crying so he could barely see his way, there were only tears in his eyes and face. He entered his room and took his jacket off... he kept crying.

Then he went to the bathroom. He looked himself at the mirror a few seconds... tears were still falling through his cheeks, he cleaned them up with his hand  then he opened the door who was behind the mirror.

He took some pills and started to swallow them desperately. He stood there crying and looking himself at the mirror, cursing himself, cursing Justin.

After a moment he began to stagger, he felt dizzy. He walked a little thinking that he could still be standing up, but his body wasn’t able to handle it. He fell to floor hitting the back of his head with the toilet.

         Justin and Melanie were outside JC’s apartment. Justin was about to knock but she stopped him.

“Wait...” she said, “If he knows is us he would not open...”

“Ok... and what should we do?”

“I have the key”

“Why?”

“Josh never told me to give it to him... maybe we was waiting for me to come back...”

         He opened the door, everything was quiet.

“You go to the bedroom, I’ll see if he’s in the kitchen” Justin said.

“Alright...”    

         Melanie opened slowly the bedroom’s door, then she called him.

“Josh?...” she asked

         When she entered to the room she noticed the bathroom door was slightly open, she walked toward the bathroom and entered it, then she saw him lying on the floor unconscious.

“Oh no... Damn it... Justin!!” Melanie screamed.

“What... What’s going on??” he asked when he heard her screaming, then she saw JC on the floor, “Oh my God...”

“Call an ambulance” she said while she knelt down next to JC

She put a hand on his head to raise it, but her hand fill with blood. She couldn’t avoid the tears that began to fall from her eyes.

 

********************************************************************

“Calm down Melanie” Justin said hugging her

“I can’t! I wanna see him, I wanna know how is he!!”

         It was 8:30 pm. They’ve been in the hospital for about two hours, and nobody told them something about JC.

Aroun 9:00 pm a doctor came to talk to them.

“Mr. Timberlake?”

“Yes…Doctor… how is Joshua?”

“He is not so well… he had an overdose… he consumed to many pills…”

“Why was his head bleeding?” Melanie asked

“He hit his head with something, we can determinate exactly with what, but... because of what you said we believe it was the toilet.”

“Is he gonna be ok?” she asked again

“That injurie is causing him some troubles… besides, we believe that injurie will leave him not only a scar, but some balance disorders or even some kind of amnesia, but we will verify that when he is conscious”

“So, is he still unconscious?” he asked

“Yes”

“Can we see him?” Melanie asked

“Not for now…”

“When we’ll be able to see him?” Justin asked this time

“Until his body respond a little bit better… I will kept you inform, do not worry about it”

“Thanks Doctor…” he said.

         After thid, the doctor walked away. Melanie sat down and she rested her head on the wall, and then she started to cry again.

“Mel… plese don’t cry…” Justin said sitting down next to her, “JC is gonna be ok…”

“I hope so, Justin…”

“C’mon… I’ll take you home… you have to eat something…”

“No… I will not leave the hospital until JC wake up…”

“But Melanie…”

“I won’t change my mind!!”

“Alright, fine… then I’ll go to the cafeteria and I’ll bring you something…”

“Ok… can you call Roy and Karen?... and the guys... you know... everybody...”

“Don’t worry... I’ll do it…”

         Melanie stood there the whole night, she paid for a room there where she could get some sleep.

After two days Melanie finally could see JC, but he was still unconscious. She entered the room and walked towards the bed. The only sound in the room was the beat of his heart.

She looked at the machines around him, and then she looked at him. He looked so different with all those things in his face and body. She put a finger on his cheek and gave a soft caress.

“Josh… you can’t leave me alone… not now…” she caressed his lips, “I learned my lesson... and I can’t be without you…”

         A few tears fall from her eyes to her cheeks.

 

Three days later, the hospital was full of people: family, friends, people from work, and even the press was there.

         The doctor was in JC’s room. He was still unconscious, but not for much time. He slowly began to move his fingers... then his arms. The doctor looked at him.

He didn’t opened his eyes, he only said one word.

“Mel…anie…”

Chapter End Notes:
please review =)


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: marriedjc