Part Four

    After the doctor exanimate JC, he went where all people was waiting to know about him.
“Everybody, I have some good news... Mr. Chasez is conscious now, he just woke up, he called Melanie, maybe it will be good if you go see him… it will tell us if he had some kind of amnesia…”
“Ok…” she said getting close to the doctor.
    She entered JC’s room, he seems like he was sleeping, she got closed to him and caressed his face. He opened his eyes when he felt her hand.
“Mel…”
“Hi Josh…”
“And… Jus… tin?”
“Don’t ask about him now…”
“You… kissed… him…”
“That didn’t mean anything to me or for him, honey… absolutely nothing, it was just a mistake Justin and I made” she said caressing his cheek, “I swear…”
    JC smiled slightly and she spoke again.
“I’m glad you’re better… the only I thing I want is leave this place with you…”
“For… what?...”
“I wanna be with you… forever, Josh”
    He smiled again, and she did it too.
“Josh… I love you so much…”
“And… I… love… you... Mel…”
“I want to marry you again…”
“You’re… gonna… made… me... spend all... that... money?... Is that… the... price... to... have... your love?”
“You’ll just be paying all these days that I’ve been suffering outside this room… ‘Cause I been here all days...”
    JC smiled one more time, she leaned her head to his and kissed him tenderly on his lips. Those soft lips... it had been so much time since the last time she kissed them.
“Ok… I’ll go out, I’ll see you later…”
“Who... is... out...side?...”
“Your parents, Tyler, Heather, the guys, Johnny... and some other friends… the are some journalists outside the hospital too…”
    She looked at him and then she smiled.
“Promise me you’ll be ok…” she said
“I… promise… and… tell… everybody… that… I’m ok… and… that… I’m… very… thankful… with... all of... them... for... being... here... ok?...”
“Ok, honey... I’ll tell them… don’t talk anymore… you should sleep now…”
    JC nodded. Melanie kissed him one more time and then she went out of the room. Everyone was waiting for her.
“How is Josh?” Karen asked
“He’s good… he talked to me... and he said he was very thankful with all of you for being here...”
    Everyone smiled when she said it. And also they were calmer now.
“Do you know when he can leave the hospital?” Tyler asked
“No… but I hope he can leave as soon as possible… we are going to get married again…” Melanie said smiling.
“You’re getting married again?” Justin asked
“Yes…”
“That it’s great news!!” Lance said
    After awhile, some people left the hospital because JC had woke up and talked with Melanie and that situation calm them all.
After an hour, the doctor came where people were.
“Mr. Timberlake, Mr. Kirkpatrick, could you come with me for a moment?” the doctor asked.
“Sure” Chris said
“Yeah, of course” Justin added.
    Justin and Chris walked away with the doctor and entered a small room with a couple of chairs.
“What it is, doctor?” Justin asked.
“You will see… I called you because I have seen that you both have been very calm about this situation with JC… So, I thought it will be better to tell you two first, and then tell the rest of the people…”
“What are you talking about, doctor?” Chris asked.
“Yeah… tell us what… what happened?”
“I am so sorry to tell you this… But, after a few moments ago, Mr. Chasez loose his conscious again, the symptoms reappeared. His head injury is the reason of that…  and the injury brought some complications again…”
“What? So… when is he gonna be ok?” Justin asked
“Mr. Chasez is not getting ok anymore… we tried to do everything we can… but we could not save him…”
    Justin looked down.
“Are you serious?” Chris asked to the doctor
“Of course Mr. Kirkpatrick, I could not be joking with something like this…”
“Oh my God…” Chris said
    Then he looked at Justin. He was crying silently.
“Well… If this isn’t a joke, then you should not pick Justin for this…”
“No… I’m fine… really… I just… “ He stopped, “this things happen… right?”
“Yes, and I am really sorry, Mr. Timberlake” the doctor said.
    Justin dried his tears and then they went out of the room. Now the doctor had to tell everyone else. Melanie noticed the sad expression in Justin’s face. Chris stood next to her. He knew this wouldn’t be easy for her.
“When is Josh coming out?” she asked
    The doctor ignored her question, and started to talk
“I called Mr. Timberlake and Mr. Kirkpatrick, because a few moments ago Mr. Chasez lost his conscious again” He stopped, “His injury in the head was presenting some complications, and he still had some symptoms because of the pills”
He paused again, everyone was paying attention to him.
“It is true that he was responding well, but, the symptoms came back… It was impossible to us to do something about it… I am really sorry to tell you this, but we could not save him…”
    Chris took Melanie by the hand.
“What?! But that’s not possible!! He was fine!!!” Melanie cried.
“Melanie, calm down!” Chris said to her.
“I can’t!! How do you want me to calm down?!?!”
    Karen walked to her and hugged Melanie.
“Melanie, please, calm down… you have to calm down…” she said to her
“But I can’t, Karen…”
“Yes, you can… you have to try… please…”
    She kept crying and Karen kept her hold.
“I need for people to come tomorrow… for… dress him… and signed a few papers” the doctor said
    Justin stared at Roy, then Roy looked at the doctor
“Roy and Karen Chasez, Justin Timberlake and…” Roy looked at the rest.
“Chris Kirkpatrick” he said knowing that Joey and Lance would not do it.
“No… please, wait” Melanie said releasing from Karen’s arms, “I want to see him too, please…”
“Okay, the five of you can come, do not worry” the doctor said, “Your name?”
“Melanie Chasez”
    Everyone looked at her. That wasn’t her last name anymore, she wasn’t a Chasez after she and JC signed that paper… that damn divorce paper…


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: marriedjc