Author's Chapter Notes:
Last chapter!!!!
Part Five

    That night Justin and Chris stayed with Melanie at JC’s apartment, because she wanted to stay there and no one will change her mind. In fact, she had decided she was moving there again.
However, Justin and Chris were really worried about her, they didn’t know what she felt, she hadn’t say word since they left the hospital. They didn’t know if she could do something crazy, so they stayed with her.
    Melanie entered the room. Chris and Justin stayed in the living room talking about the situation, they still couldn’t believe it, and it wasn’t easy to do it either.
    Meanwhile, Melanie was watching the bedroom laying her back on the door. It was their room… they have shared that bed, that bathroom, that shower, that couch so many times…She felt that emptiness again… but she only knew this time was forever.
    She sighted while she sat in the bed. His smell was there… the whole room smelt like him. It seems like he was there, and in some way… she felt he was.
She closed her eyes for a few moments, she didn’t want to cry anymore. But it was almost impossible. Her eyes were red already, and tears won’t stop falling through her face.    Later, she finally fell asleep. Justin went to see her, she was lying on the bed, and he covered her, then he went back to the living room.
Next day.
“Would you leave me stay a moment with him by my own?” Melanie asked to everyone.
    All agreed, but Chris entered with her anyway. JC’s body was on a stretcher covered with a white sheet. Chris towards the stretcher and uncovered his head, he did it carefully, though he didn’t know why… JC couldn’t feel anything now…
He stared at Melanie with a slight smile.
“Don’t take too long, Mel…” he said “Let us now when you’re done…”
“Okay… don’t worry…”
    Chris kissed her forehead and then he went out of the room. Justin and Chris watched her through the little window that the door had.
    She stared at him; her heart froze when she saw him. His hands were on his sides. For some reason, his face’s expression seems kinda happy. Maybe it was because just before he died he felt she loved him, and in fact, that meant too much for him when he realized it.
“Josh…” Melanie muttered with pain, “… why? You were fine…”, she said while she caressed his face, “Wake up… please… wake up…” she said moving his face. “Josh… Josh… Josh…” she repeated while she kept moving him, “Honey, wake up… Please!!” she said crying.
    Chris entered the room in that moment.
“Melanie… Melanie” he said grabbing her by her shoulders
“Chris… please… wake him up” she said crying and hugging Chris.
“Mel… I can’t…”
    Everyone entered the room.
“Melanie… let’s go outside, I’ll take you home…” Chris said
“No, no, no… I don’t want to”
“Chris, she wants to stay, let her stay…” Justin said
    After awhile JC was dress. He was wearing that black Italian tuxedo that he wore in his wedding with Melanie. His hands were in his stomach.
“Well… I think… we’re done…” Justin said staring at JC’s body
“No…” Melanie said, “we’re missing something…”
“What, Melanie?” Karen asked softly
    Melanie took a wedding ring from her jacket, the one who had belong to him. Melanie knew that JC will have it… and she searched for it last night, so he could have it him forever.
“What’s that?” Justin asked
“It’s his wedding ring… I have mine”
“Why don’t you keep it to yourself?”
“No… I want him to have it… I don’t need a ring to remember him… he will be with me all the time…”
    Melanie closed to JC, took his hands and put the wedding ring on his finger.
    Later that night, Melanie came to the apartment with Chris and Justin. She went directly to the bedroom… It had been a tiring day, physical and psychologically speaking.
Her mind was tired, her heart was hurt, and she wanted to cry again… that room had so many memories for her to remember… She closed her eyes for a few seconds.
“Oh Josh…” she said after a deep sight.
    Se opened her eyes and started to cry again. This was something she could not control anymore. She covered her body with the sheets still crying. Just like the day before, his smell was all around. She closed her eyes and sighted.
She felt some warmth air next to her. She smiled… it was him. Then she fell asleep.
    Next day was his funeral. For her it was an eternal and tiring day. There was so many people there…  
His tablet had this inscription:

Joshua Scott Chasez
* 08 - 08 – 1976     † 18 - 06 – 2004
“Dear and loved Josh, we will never forget you,
You made us happy not only being a talented artist,
But also for making people enjoy what you do.
You will always be in our hearts,
No matter what.
¡We love you!
Your family, wife and friends.”



    Melanie cried all day, even more than the day before. So many people talked about him and said beautiful things. His band mates said goodbye to him with a song.
    
After that day, Melanie did not go to the cemetery again. Three months passed when she decided to go again.
She came to the place he was and she watched the tree pictures that were on his tablet. The first picture was of his family and him, of course. In the second picture was Nsync. In the third one was them.
    Se knelt in front of the tablet, it seems like someone visited him recently, because he had fresh flowers there.
    She sighted while she watched their picture, it was the day of their wedding… the happiest day in her life.
    She just stood there for awhile watching the tablet without saying a word, just thinking about him and remembering all the good they had.
    After several minutes there, she put a red rose in the tablet and then she stood up. She looked at the sky. It was about to rain. She felt a cool breeze around her, she smell it, it was him, she knew because it was his smell… that smell that was always in their bedroom.
The cool breeze rubbed her lips. Melanie smiled, he was there with her… and he will be there forever.
    She looked at the sky one more time and then she started walking slowly to her car.

THE END
Chapter End Notes:

hope you enjoyed!

 Please review!!! 


Completed
Wantan is the author of 3 other stories.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: marriedjc