Chapter 13

On the way to the club I thought about what Kelly told me about Britney snd Justin having problems. I still can't believe he didn't talk to me about it. I can't tell you how many time I've told him about my guy problems and he sat there and listened. He's given me great advice too, I'm sure I can help him with whatever's going on. Then again he might've told Trace about it, I'll just ask him.

Ever since we got her Justins been acting diffrently. He just doesn't seem like the same person I knew. He looks so drained and it worries me.

We go right up front and as soon as the bouncer looks at our group he lets us through.

I have to say I love these perks.

Right as we get in we find a table and get drinks.

"To the tour!" JC boast.

We all lift up our glasses.

"And to all the crazy groupies to come" Joey laughs.

The guys hollar.

"Joesph" Kelly hisses and smacks his chest.

"Ow--babe I'm kidding. You know your the only one for me" he hugs her.

"Your lucky your cute" she laughs.


After about a while everyones having a good time dancing and drinking some more than others.

From where I'm sitting I can see Justin at the bar. he's been there most of the night and I'm worried. I really should go talk to him.

"Care to dance?" I hear someone say.

I turn my head to see Lance and smile, "Of course"

He extends his arm and I take his hand and we go out to the dance floor.

We start dancing and I can't help but look over at Justin who was now looking at me. He seemed angry for some reason. I just don't know why.

--------------------------------------------------

I'm standing at the bar and look out on the dance floor to see Jenny and lance dancing. As I see them I can't help but feel jealous, why the hell am I feeling jealous and of Lance of all people..god I need another drink.

I ask the guy for another drink.

He passes the drink to me, "Thanks" I say and I chug it.

"You know you should slow down on those" he tells me.

What the hell? what gives the guy the right to tell me what I should do?

"Look I'm paying you to serve me drinks, so I think it's better if you kept quiet and keep them coming. Got it?"

He just nods.

"J, there you are. I've been looking all over for you. Why aren't you out dancing, there are some fine ass women here " Trace tells me.

"Nah I'm not in the mood" I tell him and take another gulp.

"J, you've been acting weird all night, what's wrong?"

Everything.

"I just have a lot going on. I need to just let loose, ya know?"

"Oh I gettcha, well what your drinking is not gonna help you. Man your a southern boy, you don't need a whimpy drink like this. Why don't have a little fun with my friend Jack Daniels" he grins.

I shrug.

"Bartender, two Jack Daniels" he says putting two fingers up. "and keep them coming"

I can see the guy shaking his head.

He has no right to act like that. He doesn't know me and definetly not what I'm going through, so he sould keep his opinions to himself.

"Two Jacks" he says putting down the glasses infront of us.

Trace takes his and raises it, "To life being a bitch"  

"You can say that again" I muttered.

We chug our glasses and it burns down my throat. I know it's not good for my voice,but it's just for tonight.

-----------------------------------------------------------

It's about 1 am and the guys have an early day, so they want to head back. Thing is Justin is no where in sight and I can't find Trace.

"I'm gonna go find Justin" I tell JC as they made their way out.

"Okay, we'll wait for you out in the car

I get Lonnie snd Rob to help me find him.

"Justin!" I shout as I move through the crowd. I can't see a thing, even with the stobe lights it's hard to see.

I finally get to a corner and see Trace and Justin dancing with some girls. I sigh of relief. "Rob, Lonnie I found them" I shout.

"There you guys are. Come on lets go. They are wait for us outside"

"We don't want to go, we're gonna stay here" Trace says.

He slurring and his eyes are glossy and Justin's the same.

"Yeah, what are you their mother?" the blonde girl laughs.

This is not good. Justin got to perform tonight and he can't do it hung over. All this must point to Trace.

"No but she acts like it" Justin says an all of them start to laugh.


I can feel my cheeks burning and I clech my fist at my sides, "Justin we have to go you got an early day, you can't be doing this" I shout.

He scoffs, "Work, work, work, it's all I do. I've been busting my ass for so long and I can't have a day off" he shouts. "I'm tired of people tell me what to do every hour of every damn day" he tells me and I could smell the alcohol on him, he definetly drank heavily.

"Justin stop, your drunk. lets just get you outta here" I say.

"No I'm not leaving, come on Trace" he says as he walks past me.

Trace stumbles behind him and they head toward the crowd.

I lower my head and sigh.

God he's even more stubbron when he's drunk.

I turn around to see Lonnie and Rob block him.

Thank god.

"J, come on lets get you back" Lonnie tells him.

"Come on Lon, let me get through"

"I'm afraid I can't do that Justin"

"Says who? Lonnie I thought you were my boy" he says laughing a bit.

"I am Justin" he sighs.
 
"Let me get the fuck through then" he shouts.

"No, you coming with me" before Justin knows it Lonnie lifts him over his shoulder.

"Put me down Lonnie!!" Justin shouts.

He doesn't say anything and starts walking.

Trace starts laughing.

"You too shorty" Rob tells him.

"But--" he sees Robs face and starts walking.

I go behind them and hear a chorus of "Justin call me" as we leave toward the back way.

"Thank you" I whisper to Lonnie.

"Anytime baby girl" he smiles.

"I can fire you for this" Justin slurrs as we keep walking.

Lonnie's face doesn't change at all, he knows what he's saying is all drunk talk, but I can't help but feel bad for him. He's been with Justin for so long, he treats Justin like his own son and this is how Justin treats him in return.

We head out to the cars and everybody's outside waiting.

"Holy shit, what happend?" JC asks.

"Justin just had a few too many drinks, but he's fine"

"Ceeee" Justin sings.

"Oh yeah he's drunk alright" JC chuckles.

"I'm not drunk" Justin protest. "Put me down Lonnie"

Lonnie, tired of his whining puts him down.

"See I'm--I'm fine" Justin say as he stumbles foward but luckily Lonnie was there to catch him.

"I'm gonna put him in the car" Lonnie says as he puts Justin's arm over his shoulder.

"What's up with him?" Joey asks.

"I don't know, he's been acting weird all night" Chris says.

"Yeah, I know. I'm kinda worried about him. He's not the same person he use to be. It's like I don't even know him anymore" I frown.

"Well your his best friend you should talk to him" JC smiles.

"Yeah I should, thanks JC" I smile.

"Anytime, we should get going before the media finds out"

I get into the car with Lonnie and Justin and realize Trace wasn't in here.

I hear gaging and I see it's Trace with his head in a trash can.

"We're gonna meet you at the hotel" Rob tells Lonnie. 'We don't wanna risk anything with pukey over here"

" 'Ight man good luck" Lonnie chuckles.

We head to the hotel and go through the back.

This is gonna be a looong day.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story