Well Justin's back and now my mom decided to have a welcome home party for him. Ugh why does she do this to me, this won't help with my avoiding Justin.

"Do we really have to throw him a party?" I complained as she was washing the dishes.

She turned her head to look at me, "Jennifer Ann Montgumery, why are being rude?, Justin is your friend and you should be happy he's comming back home"  

"He was" I muttered and apparently she heard me.

"What do you mean he was your friend?" she asked.

I sighed, "I don't want to talk about it okay"

She gave me the look, you know the "I'm not buying it" face.

"Fine, we had a fight okay you happy now!!!" I shouted.

"Awww sweetie,why didn't you come to me" She said as she gave me a frown.

"I dont--I don't know" I hesitated as I looked at the floor, I knew if I looked at her I'd start crying.

She lifted my chin to meet her eyes and as I predicted, tears ran down my face, I know I'm a baby crying to her mommy, but the truth was it felt good to cry after all that.

"Awww come here" she hugged me tight as I sobbed uncontrollably.

"How could he treat me like that, I'm his best friend" I babbled.

"Shhh..I know, its okay" she said.

I lifted my head to see her, "It's not okay mom, Justin hates me!!"

"He doesn't hate you, he was probably just upset and taking it out on you"

"But you didn't hear the way he talked to me, he said that I should stop pretending like I know how he feels because I do. I know hes upset and scared of losing his dream"

I was quiet for a moment, "I'm scared I'm losing him, mom" and once again tears started to fall.

"Your not gonna lose him honey, he's your best friend. Just talk to him"

How was I suppose to talk to him, he doesn't want to talk to me and now I have to see him at this stupid party.


After my little outburst that afternoon my mom was trying to act like nothing happend and sent me to my room to get ready for the party. Needless to say I was kinda dredding the party, a part of me was excited to see Justin, crazy I know.

I finnished getting ready I went down stairs and watched my mother run back and fourth like she was a chicken with no head, if you saw her you'd swear she'd lost hers. I tried to go passed her unnoticed, but as always she caught me, I swear that woman has eyes in the back of her head.

"Jenny" she called out.

"Yes" I sighed.

"Good, your here, I need you to help me set up"

I groaned, "But you were the one who wanted to do this party, can't you do it!!!"

She looked me, "Don't be smart with me young lady, now go"

"Fine" I grumbled.

When I finnished, the doorbell rang with our first guest, then they kept coming in. As the house fill up, people would come up to me complementing me on how pretty I was and asking me if I was happy to see Justin again, of course my mom taught me manners I wanted to be a good hostess and say yes because if people knew that I wanted to say,"No I'm not happy to see the big jerk, he can rot for all I care"  I wouldn't be a good hostess now would I.

So as guest were coming in I was still dredding to see Justin and holding my breath as the doorbell rang. He wasn't here yet and almost everyone was there. Maybe he wasn't coming, maybe he didn't want to be at this party as much as I did. The doorbell rang interrupting my thought and I heard shreiks of excitement at the door, which meant only one thing he was here.

I tried to hide before my mom saw me and once again I got caught. I need to work on being more stealther than I am or at least try to.

"Jennifer, come greet our guest" she said as she smiled at Justin's mom.

I sighed, This would've happend anyway I might as well get over with.

I made my way towards them smiling,"Hi, Mrs. Harless, Mr. Harless, its nice to see you again. Hi Justin." I smiled at him, but he seemed weary.

I swear I could be an actress if I wanted to at this point. I was convicing myself for a minute.

"Well look at you, don't you look beautiful. You've grown up so much since the last time I saw you" Justins mom complinmented.

 "Thank you" I smiled

"Justin, doesn't she look beautiful"

I could see Justin was uncomfortable and so was I.

"Yeah she does"

I bushed, wait why am I blushing, hes a jerk remember, who made you cry until you felt you cried youself out. Be strong don't give in.

"Thanks, you big jerk" I thought.

"Why don't we leave these two alone so they can catch up" My mom announced and giving me a wink before leaving. Ahhh why did I tell her.

As soon as my mom left I turned away and headed towards the kitchen and to my dismay Justin followed me.

"Jenny, stop I need to talk to you" he called out and i kept going.

"Please we really need to talk" he grabbed my shoulder and I whipped myself around in anger.

'What Justin?, what do we need to talk about? I think you said what you needed to say to me on the phone" I partly shouted as Justin eyes widened.

"But I didn't mean--" he tried to explain, but I cut him off, "You didn't mean it, you hurt me Justin" Uh oh I felt tears coming again, I can't let him see me cry, I have to be strong, BE STRONG JENNY.

"I know and I'm sorry, I really am" he sighed.

I bit my lower lip to stop from crying as he tried to continue, "I just--I just, I dunno felt mad about what happened and I know I was a jerk to you and everybody that talk to me"

I rolled my eyes, "No kidding" I thought.

"I do feel bad that I yelled at you and I feel like the biggest jerk ever and I don't deserve to be your friend. After you were trying to be one to me, so I understand if you dont want to be my friend anymore" he waited for me to say something,but I was quiet.

"So I guess I'll see you around" he walked away slowly really saddened.

Great the guilt trip, why does he do this?

I sighed "Justin wait" I shouted and he turned around.

I went to him, "Look I was really upset and mad you talked to me like that but I thought we were friends and we talked to each other when something was bothering us, and I felt like I was losing you"

"But--" I stopped him again, "The thing is I can't be mad at you, if it means losing you as a friend, so I forgive you Justin"

A smile crept to my face, which made him smile.

"I really am sorry"

"I know, but lets not talk about this anymore okay"

"Okay"

So what if I gave in, he was my best friend I can't be mad at him.

"Lets go raid the food before they get the good stuff" I smiled.

"Last one there has to smelll Trace's socks"

I made a face, "Your so on"

"One, two, THREE" I counted and we sped off.

I won and Justin was a sore loser as always, I was glad to have my best friend back, not that I didn't mind having Trace to hang around with, but he wasn't Justin.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story