I ordered up the ice and our ice cream. Before I know it there was a knock on the door, I just love how fast the service is here, id love to live here permanently if I could.

"Thank you" I say as he sets them down.

"Your wecome" he smiles.

I smile back and give him a tip.

"Enjoy" he says before leaving and I close the door and sigh.

I go back and sit with Justin as he scarfs down his ice cream.

"Good?" I giggle.

Mmm-hmmm" he nods with a mouthful of ice cream. He swallows it and chuckles.

"What?" I ask.

"Nothing" he says shaking his head looking down at his bowl.

"No what?"

"It's just..you got a little drool on your chin there" he says pointing his spoon at me.

"I do not" I say sub concisously touching it.

"Well you should by the way you were loking at that guy a few minutes ago" he laughs.

I scoff and roll my eyes, "I was not drooling"

"Uh huh whatever you say, but you had the 'look' I totally saw it" he chuckles.

I look at him, "What look? I don't have a look"

"Yeah you do"

"I have no idea what your talking about"

He chuckles, "Yes you do. I have seen it many times, you smile, bat your eyes and have that stare" he stares out trying to show me what he was talking about. "and then you sigh and bite your lip"

Okay maybe I thought the guy was cute, but I definetly don't do what Justin is saying. He's totally over exaggerating.

I raise an eyebrow, "Are you like studying me or something?"

He ducks his head and chuckles and then looks at me, "No, it's just things I notice and those things are noticable" he laughs.

"Name one time I've done that?"

"Okay, I'd be glad too" he says sitting up. "Back when we were kids you use to like Ryan"

"What? I did not"

He was talking about Ryan from MMC. Now he's an actor, he is talented and I'm sure his career will go off soon. Last time I saw him, he was auditioning for a movie.

He laughs, "Oh yeah you did. I remember when you first saw him you couldnt even talk to him because you had that same reaction" he laughs

I roll my eyes, "Okay I might've liked him, but I wasn't drooling over him" I tell him.

"What ever you say baby girl, but I know what I saw" he chuckles.

I just glare at him.

We sat silently eating for a few minutes. I can't take the silence, I have to ask why he was acting diffrently, I'm really worried about him, I just wanna know whats onhis mind.

"Justin?"

"Hmmm?" he hums.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. The swellings going down. Why?" he laughs.

"No thats not what I meant...I mean I've noticed you've been acting diffrently. Is everything okay? Is it you and Brit?"

--------------------------------------------------------

I look at her and shake my head, "No, no we're fine. But why do you ask?"

"I don't know" she say looking down at the melted ice cream at the bottom of her bowl. "It's just you seem tense and out of it. I've never seen you drink that much in a while"

I knew this was coming.

I look at her, "It's just I have a lot of stuff on my mind right now thats all"

"Like what?"

"Just stuff with the group" I sigh.

"Is everything okay with you guys?"

I nod, "Oh yeah, definetly. We're great.." I trailed off.

"Justin?"

I realized I drifted off in thought. "Sorry I just--what would you say if I said I wanted to take a break from the group?" I turn to look at her and her eyebrows went up in suprise.

She sat there quietly for a moment.

"I knew I shouldn't have told you" I sighed. I'll understand if you hate me"

She finally blinked, "No, I don't hate you. I'm just suprised by it, how long have you thought about this?"

I sighed again, "A few months"
-----------------------------------------------

Wow this was definetly a thought. As much as I thought Justin loved being in a group, he probably needs his space.

I probably shouldn't be suprised by this but I am.


"Wow" I breathed. "have you told any of the guys about this?"

"No, your actually one of the first people I've told" he laughs a little and then looks at me serious. "I'm scared to tell them actually"

"Are you sure about this?"

"Well kinda, I keep going back and fourth with it. I mean with this last album it was diffrent, it's not like it use to be" he sighed.

"Different how?"

"Well when we were doing this album everyone wanted to go in a different direction, like if I wanted to change a beat , JC would say it was okay and leave it like it was. We could barely agree on anything and it just created tension and we would fight constantly, it just isn't the same anymore" he lowered his head and looked at his lap. "I just think we need some time apart for a while and do our own thing, you know?"

I got what he was saying. 6 years of being together non stop can make anybody crazy. He has every right to feel this way.

"But you guys are still going to be together right?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Yeah, definetly. It's just I think we need a break. Plus all the other guys have stuff they wanna do, so it's the right thing to do right now"

"So what are you going to do?"

"Well I've been writing stuff for awhile and I've been in touch with some producers, but I don't know"

I smiled, "Wait, you wanna do a record?" he nodded. "Oh my go J, that's great!!"

"So you like the idea of me doing a record?" he sounded suprised.

"Like it. I love it, Justin you should do it!"

"You think? I mean, you don't think it's a bad idea? I mean considering I'm knownn as a guy in a boyband?"

"Justin I know you'll do great" I smiled, "Hell I've been waiting for this to happen"

He sat up straighter looking at me, "You have?"

I giggled, "Yeah, I always thought you'd go off and do something without the group one day"

"Really?"

"Of course. J you've always outshined the rest of the group when it came to your solos. Not that the other guys aren't as talented, but you've always had the stronger voice"

"Your just saying that"

"No, I'm being serious and I bet you any money other people think that too. So if you wanna do this record go for it"

He sighs, "It's just..I don't know if the other guys will look at it the same as you do. What if they think I'm betraying them and giving up on the group"

"Justin, they're your friends, if your upfront with them, im sure they'll understand. It's not like your doing it without them knowing, just sit them down and tell them this is what you wanna do" I smiled.

He gave me a small smile still unsure.

"Look you said yourself that you guys want to go in diffrent directions" I turn my body to face him completely.

-----------------------------------------------

"Yeah I said that and--"

"Well I bet the other guys probably wanna do other things too" I turned my body more towards her giving her my full attetion. "Like JC probably wants to write and produce some more and I bet Joey wants to more movies" I nod. "And Chris wants to work on his clothing line, Lance wants to do that astronuat training he's been talking about" I laugh and she laughs with me probably thinking the same thing I was.

I mean imagining a shy and quiet guy like Lance having a big dream like becoming an astronuat is funny because he wasn't usually the guy to take big risks, he'd rather play it safe and when he told us he got accepted to this Astronuat program we all thought he was kidding and laughed.

Now he seems to be serious about it and has been takng classes during breaks.

"And you..well you wanna do a record. Just think about it for a bit and if you still wanna go for it than do it" she smiles and gives me a light aqueeze on the hand.

I look at our hands and then look back at her and smile, "Thanks that means a lot"

"Hey no problem, you know I'm always there if you need me"

I smiled.

I sighed as I ducked my head down, slumping my shoulders

Well that wasn't so bad. I'm glad I told her first, it made it good to know at least someone was excited for me. Now I just have to face the others, I know it won't be easy, but at least they'll know.

I feel a hand on my shoulder and I turn my head to see Jenny giving me a small smile, "It'll will all be okay"

I give her a smile.

I hope shes right.

"Even if it doesn't work out for you and you fail miserablly, I'll still be your friend"
 
"Thanks for the vote of confidence" I snorted.                    

She laughs,"That's what I'm here for. But really, all kidding aside you'll do great, I just know it" she smiles.

"I hope your right"

"I'm always right, you should know that by know" she grins.

I roll my eyes at her.

She laughs and I join her.

Hopefully it'll go smoothly just like this, but I highly doubt it. I hope by he end of all this I still have my 4 best friends behind me.

Wish me luck...

 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story