Author's Chapter Notes:

Justin's POV 

Chapter 5

God,im an idiot, what was I thinking? the look on her face when it was happening, she probably won't want to talk to me. But in that moment she was the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. After so many years of being her best friend why am I feeling this way?, I couldn't like her, she was like a sister to me. It'd be too weird, we can only  be friends, it's better that way.

Trace was looking at me for an explaination.

"What?" I said as if I didn't know what he wanted.

"What do you mean, What, Dude what the hell was going on?"

"Nothing" I said calmly as I headed to my room, Trace followed me.

"It didn't look like nothing, what's going on?

I sighed "Nothing's going on Trace okay!!!"

"Woah calm down man, I just want to know what's going on" he was quiet for a minute, ""Wait do you like her?" Trace asked, raising an eyebrow.

I looked at him like he was crazy, "No, can we not talk about this" I sighed, hoping he'd just let it go.

"Fine, we won't talk about it"  Trace said.

"Thank you" I said as we walked to the kitchen, there was a note that said my mom was at the gorcery store.

"Do you aleast think she's hot?" he asked.

God I swear I was using all my power to calm down, before I wanted to punch him.

"Dude no, that's just weird, this is Jenny were talking about!!!" I said as I pulled out juice from the refridgerator and slamming the door.

"Well haven't you noticed her lately, she's not the same old Jenny anymore"

He was right, ever since we started Highschool she was diffrent, but in a good way. Like over the summer she'd become a whole new Jenny and all the guys started to notice her.

"Really? I haven't noticed" I said nochalantly, sipping my juice.

"Well it did seem like you did back there in the room" he grinned.

I groaned, "Trace will you just drop it, please, Jenny and I are friends, that's it!!!"

"Okay fine, if you say thats all, I believe you man" Trace said.

"Thanks man"

"So, you excited?" Trace said changing the subject, thank god.

"Yeah, I'm psyched, I can't wait!!" I said happily and then I saw Traces face.

"Trace you okay?" I ask.

He sighs, "Yeah"

"Listen man just because I'm moving doesn't mean we aren't gonna be friends anymore. You will always be my best friend no matter what happens" I said smiling.

"Yeah always" Trace says smiling.

"Just look out for Jenny for me" I say.

Trace chuckles,"Why because you loooove her" he teases and I punch him in the arm.

"I don't like her I told you already!!!"

"Ow fine,but you didn't have to punch me" Trace said rubbing his arm.

I grinned, 'Hey it's the only way you'd learn"

We both laughed.

"I gonna miss you man" Trace said smiling.

"Me too man, me too"
 

It was time for last dinner at home, I'm gonna miss my Grandma Sadie's cooking. Nobody cooked like her, she is definetly a devil in the kitchen. If I married a girl I'd want her to be as good as her, every guy loves a girl who can cook. So tonight dinner was all my favorite foods from fried chicken, ribs, mash potatoes, sweet corn, greens and biscuts. Then there was dessert my favorite part,her peach cobbler, pecan pie, pumpkin pie, hell any pie she made was delicous,just talking about them makes my mouth water. I know once I'm gone home will be the thing I miss the most.

I was in my room getting ready, fixing my hair, it just didn't look right to me.I tried to fix it every other way, but I was getting frustrated and when the door bell rang I gave up. I went downstairs and saw Jenny came, I sighed a sigh of relief, "Good she doesn't hate me" I thought. I came down the stairs and she gave me smile.

"Hey Justin"

"Hey, you came"

She giggles, "Yeah, why wouldn't I?"

"Because I was an idiot" I think. "No its nothing, I'm just glad you came" I smile.

The doorbell rang again, I opened the door and saw Trace holding a box,"Hey man"

"Hey Trace, uh what's with the box?" I asked with an eyebrow raised.

"I decided to bring you a fairwell present, your gonna love it"

"Oooh I love presents" I said as I grab the present from his hands.

I open the the present, I see it's a basketball,just what I needed.

"You can take it with you to Orlando, so you can shoot some hoops and practice, so you won't get rusty" he smiles.

"Wow thanks man, I needed one and I am not gonna get rusty"

He chuckles,"Yeah, we'll see about that"

I chuck him the ball, "Right, I always beat you, even on an off day" I laugh

"You'll see when you see me the next time I will beat you!!" he warns.

I grin, "Why next time, when we can do it now"

He looks uneasy I could tell "Okay your on!!"

"God why do you guys have to be so competitive" Jenny says annoyed.

"It's all in fun, right Trace" I turn to Trace.

"Yeah it's all in fun. When I win" he mutters.

"Come on, lets play" I say grabbing the ball from his hands.

"Where are you kids going?, dinners almost ready" My mom says as she stands with her arms crossed.

"Me and Trace were gonna try out my new baseket ball"

"You can go out after dinner, now go wash up" she demanded.

"Fine" I grumbled heading upstairs.

When I went downstairs again, everyone was in the livingroom waiting.

"Finally, we can eat!!!, what were you doing up there?" Trace asked

"Nothing, lets go eat" I said as I head in the dinningroom.


Everyone was around the table eating and remenicing on the times we had, it was really great, but made me sad iI was leaving my entire life behind.

Everyone was done with dinner and now my favorite part dessert, my grandma made my favorite peach cobbler with vanilla ice cream yum.

"Okay bring out the clobbler" I demand as I rub my hands together.

"Ugh your not full, because I'm stuffed already" Jenny said rubbing her stomach.

"No way, theres always room for my grandmas cobbler" I said as I grabbed my fork.

"Alright, here you can cut the first piece Justin" My grandma says as she sets the cobbler in front of me and my mouth starts to water.

I cut the biggest piece, leaving barely half of it left, hey it was my last time eating a home cooked meal I had to take advantage of it.

"You gonna eat all that?" Jenny asked with her eyebrow riased.

"Yeah, you know I love cobbler" I said as I took my first bite, which was delocious by the way.

"As much as you love Jenny" I hear Trace chuckle.

I kick him in the shin and grin.

"Ow" he yelps, they all look at him.

"Are you okay Trace?" My mom asked concerned.

He looks at me angry and then answered my mom "Yeah, it's just my stomach, I'll be okay"

I chuckle, shaking my head.

"What's so funny?" Jenny asked.

"Nothing" I say innocently as I take another bite of cobbler, did I metiion it's delicious!!!

"Wan' 'ome?" I ask as I chew my piece.

"Maybe later" she giggles.

It was quiet for a bit and I find myself saying,"Jenny I...."

Before I can finish, Trace calls me, "Come on Justin,lets play!!!"

I sigh, "Okay, I'm coming" I look at Jenny,"I'll be right back, I need to talk to you"

She looks at me a bit nervous,"Okay" she said and I head out the door.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story