Great, he wants to talk, what am I gonna do?!!! what if he does like me? What do I say? God I don't know what to do!!!

I sat there thinking about what I was going to say to Justin. When I was stopped by Justins cousin Rachel.

 "You hoo Jenny, you here?"

I snapped out of it, "Huh yeah, I'm here"

She giggled, "Your out of it, what's wrong?"

I loved Rachel, she was like the sister I always wanted. She wasn't like Candice, she actually listened to me.I love to hang out with her.

"Oh nothing, just thinking" I said with a sigh.

"About what?" 

As much as I trusted her I couldn't tell her that her cousin might like me. I'd never hear the end of it.

"Just how it'll be without Justin around here, I'm gonna miss him"

"Yeah, me too, but you know he wants to follow his dream and I'm glad he is"

"I guess your right but it won't be the same" I sighed.

I really am going to miss him, I'm so use to him being there, when ever I had a problem I'd go and talk to him or if I needed guy advice he was always there. Now
he's going to be following his dream and leaving the life he had behind. And that was okay for me because I knew it made hom happy.

"Well, you'll still have me and Trace"

I looked at her, "Okay you'll have me,I will be here if you need me" Rachel smiled.

"Thanks Rach, you're the best" I smiled.

"Well there is one thing good coming out of this" I said.

"What?"

"We won't have to deal with them both" We both laughed.

"So true, boys can be so obnixious and dumb sometimes, I don't know how you handle hanging out with them" Rachel said giggling.

"I don't know, I guess I'm use to it,but it does get annoying sometimes, but they are mt best friends" I said.


Then we hear laughing coming from the front door, "Dude, what did I tell you, I so whooped your butt" Justin said.

"Yeah what ever dude it was just one game" Trace said annoyed.

"Yeah one game,that ended 3-10" Justin laughed.

"What ever, you'll see when you see me next time I will beat you"

"You wanna bet on it" Justin said.

"Yeah"

"Your on, lets shake on it" Justin said extending his hand.

Trace shook his hand, "Okay, Loser has to wear a dress with make up and the shoes"

"WHAT?, DUDE NO WAY!!!" Justin shouted outrage.

"Hey a bets a bet, unless your too chicken to do it" Trace grinned.

"NO, lets do it"

Trace chuckled, "Alright its a bet,that I'm gonna win!!!"

"We'll see"


they headed toward the living room.

"Hey guys" Justin said as he sat down.

"Hey, who won" I asked and Justins smile got bigger.

"Me" he said as he looked at Trace who looked at him in anger.

"You'll see I will beat you and win that bet!!!" Trace spouted.

"What bet?" Rachel asked.

"I bet Trace he could beat me in basketball"

Me and Rachel giggled.

"What's so funny?" Trace demanded.

We tried to stop giggling.

"Well...I mean are you sure you want to do that?" I asked as I tried not to giggle more.

"Yeah why not, I can beat him" Trace said assuringly.

"I'm sure you could Trace, if Justin had a broken arm" I laughed.

We all bust out laughing, Trace was getting irritatted.

"Y'all are the worst" he said as he stomped off out the door.

"Trace wait, we were just joking come back" Justin begged.

Trace did come back with an angry look, "Look this is serious , I don't know why you guys think its funny"

"We won't laugh promise" I said.

"What are the consecquences?" Rachel asked.

 Trace looked at Justin who was chuckling. "Loser has to wear a dress , complete with shoes and make up"

Rachel and I laughed, we both knew Justin wasn't going to lose.

"You said you weren't going to laugh" Trace whined.

I tried to stop, "I'm sorry, it's just that is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard" I started to laugh again.

"Hey a bets a bet, you have make it interesting" Trace said as he grinned at Justin.

"Yeah may the best man win" Justin chuckled. 

"See things like this prove my point" Rachel giggled.

"What point?" Justin asked.

"That boys can be obnixious and dumb and she's right" I giggled.

"Hey that's not true,its not like you girls trying to be friends with girls you don't like now thats dumb" Trace spouted.

"No that's being smart, like they say keep tour friends close and your enemies closer. It's not you guys who just fight because the gave you a look now thats dumb" Rachel told him.

Here we go again, Rachel and Trace are like cats and dogs when talking about the oppisite sex,there was no way out of it now. Of course I was always on Rachel's side and Justin was on Trace's, not only for moral support, but to make sure Trace doesn't get any broken bones. Because let's face it compared to Rachel he as...well shorter and could be easily hurt. One thing me and Justin agreed in his whole thing was it was so fuckin funny to watch, I know that's horrible but if you saw it you'd laugh too.

As this was going on Justin didn't seem to be paying attention and looking at me.

"Can we talk?" he asked.

I stood still for a moment and realized he wanted an answer, "Uh yeah, sure"

Rachel and Trace were so into there argument that thet didn't even notice we were gone.


We headed out to the backyard and sat on the swings.

she swayed a little looking down at the ground.

He held the swing still automatically making me look at him,"I have something for you"

I had butterflies in my stomach now, watching him reaching for something in his pocket.

He hands me a small box, my hands are shaking as I hold the box.

"Jenny you okay?" he asked looking at me concerned.

"Yeah, I'm fine" I say as I open the small box containing a charm bracelet, blowing me away.

He does like me, oh my god I can't believe it. I mean do friends really give you jewlery like this, especially a guy who is a friend?

"Do you like it?" he asked as he saw my expression.

"Justin its beautiful"

"The lady at the store said you can add more charms if you wanted, didn't have enough money to buy more charms but one is a good start"

"Justin you didn't have to do this" I say with a frown.

"But I wanted to, I saw it and I knew I had to give it to you to remember me by"

"Wow, thank you, I love it" I said as I looked at the bracelet.

It was really sweet, but does it mean he really likes me. After all these years was this really happening. Does Justin consider me as more than friend? and if he does what happens next, hes leaving tomorrow for Orlando, I don't know if it'll work out. He'll be focusing on his career and be on the road all the time and I'll be stuck here, I just can't do that.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story