Author's Chapter Notes:
sorry it took so long for a new chapter, I had and other things going on. But now I'm out of school for the summer so expect new chapters!!!

He was quiet for a minute "I also wanted to talk about, what happened this afternoon"

Oh god here it goes.

I sat straight trying to act cool,"Oh" I say camly.

"Look I know it freaked you out a little" he said.

A little, how about alot. He stops for a moment, butterflies are in my stomach again, I'm waiting for the words to come out of his mouth.

"I guess...I mean I didn't know what I was doing"

What? was he saying us almost kissing was a mistake. I was sort of mad at this point, what did he not think I wasn't good enough for him?!!guys can be so fuckin complicated, first he tries to kiss me, then gives me this thoughtful gift and leads me into thinking he did have feelings for me and now he's saying the whole situation is a MISTAKE!!! I seriously want to get up and fucking leave. but I decide its better to stay.

"I get it Justin it was just in the moment, you didn't know what you were doing" I said.

"Exactly" he sighed, "I'm glad you understand" he smiled.

Of course I had to understand, what other choice did I have, I couldn't just say "No I don't understand Justin why are you fucking with my head" It was his last night I didn't want it to end bad.

All I could do was look at him a smile, anyway it was his last night here and this whole thing will be forgotten.

"So I'm sorry if this weirded you out. I didn't mean for it to make you feel like there was something more, ya know between us" He said sincerely.

I sighed, only Justin could not make me mad at him for long, "It's okay,I get it we're friends thats all"

I swear Justin has this power over me, that I can't seem to understand and it bothered the hell out of me. Now that this whole thing was settled could we be friends again?


We were quiet for a while until I had had enough with the akward silence, "So you excited for Orlando?"

He chuckles, "Yeah I am, but I kinda don't want to leave, I mean this is my home, where I grew up, its all I've known. My family, friends, the general store, going fishing down at the river with Trace"

I giggle, "Trace getting mad because you caught a bigger fish than he does"

He laughs, "Yeah, I really gonna miss that"

"Who's gonna help Trace when he gets himself in trouble, because you know I sure as hell I'm not gonna save his ass"

He laughed, "Well then he's screwed"

"Then who am I going to go to when I need someone to talk to"

"Well you can always call me or go to Rach or--" I stopped him before he said it, "Don't say Trace, I know he won't be helpful"

Justin laughed, "Seriously, what do you have against him, hes not that bad, most of the time, just give the guy a chance"

"Justin this is Trace we're talking about, he's not as understanding as you are"

He laughed, "Yeah you right, but you know I'll only be a phone call away, if you need to talk"

I smile, "I know, but don't worry about me, I'll be fine. I know your going to do big things Justin Timberlake, I just know it"


He looks at me and giggles, It was the cutest thing I have to admit. Now I kinda saw why girls at were all over him, he was pretty good looking, very charming, funny snd had an amazing smile and those eyes...what the hell am I doing? Do I really think Justin is cute? No I can't, I just can't. He's like my brother and I bet he thinks as me as his sister, it would be wrong on so many levels.

"Thanks" He was quiet for a moment before he spoke, "So uh did you think it would've worked?"

I look at him, my eyes widen, "What? us?"

"Yeah, if it was diffrent between us" he says rubbing his neck, that's what he usually does when he's nervous or embarrassed.

"Um  I dunno, I mean with everything thats going on, it'd be kinda difficult, ya know"

"Yeah I guess, but I know you have a little crush on me I'm cool with that" he winks at me.

I sit there my mouth opened and shove him a bit and giggle, "You are so cockey, I hope you don't get too big headed"

"Oh you think I have a big head huh?"

"Yeah I do" I tease.

"Take that back" he warns.

"No"

"Take it back or I'm--I'm..."

"Your gonna what?"

He gets up and then lifts me up over his shoulder, "Put me down!!! Justin its not funny"

"I think it is" he chuckles.

"JUSTIN PUT ME DOWN!!!"

"No, not until you take it back"

I look behind me to see we're getting closer to the lake, "JUSTIN RANDALL TIMBERLAKE I SWEAR IF YOU PUT ME IN THAT WATER YOUR DEAD!!!"

He chuckles, "Take it back and your free"

"No"

"Okay in you go"

Before he could do anything he hears his name.

Justin mom appears, "There you are, your grandma and grandpa wanna say goodbye to you" I sigh of relief.

"Okay be right there"

She chuckles to herself and leaves back into the house.

"Your lucky my mom saved you, but next time..." he trails off as he realizes there might not be a next time for awhile.

He sighs, I roll my eyes trying to change the mood "I know I know"

He laughs, I'm going to miss that laugh so much.

He heads to the door, "Hey Justin" I say as he reaches the door and turns to me "Yeah?"

"This place won't be the same without you"

"Thanks, I think I won't be without it too" he smiles and heads inside.

I sigh looking out at the lake reminiscing on mermories of us as kids out here in the hot summer playing in the water, having barbeques, not having as care in the world.Now life as I know it is changing around me and I don't want it to. I want everything to stay the way it was, but nobody said it was easy.

"JENNY!!" someone shouts and I turn to see Justin waiting. "Are you coming to see me beat Trace or what?"

I hear Trace's "Hey" and giggle, "Yeah, I'm coming"

At least for now everything is the way it should be.

I look back at the lake one more time.

"Jenny come on!!! you definetly don't want to miss this" I hear Justin say.

"Yeah you definetly don't wanna miss when I beat him" Trace says.

I roll my eyes.

at least somethings never change.

I head torwards the driveway to see Justin taunting the ball at Trace, "You want this? huh you want this"

"Someone call it" Trace says struggling.

I roll my eyes, "I'll do it. Gimme the ball" I say and Justin passes it to me.

I go in the middle, both guys are on opposite sides ready to jump looking at each other grinning.

"Ready to lose Timberlake" Trace smirks.

Justin chuckles, "Not a chance"

I release the ball in the air and both Trace and Justin jump as I duck away and sit with Rachel to watch them.

10 minutes into the game Justin was leading 4-0 and Trace looked out of breath already trying to keep up.

"Your lookin a little tired there" Justin chuckles as he dribbles the ball gruarding it from him.

"Nah I'm just gettin' warmed up" he smirks.

Justin dribbles the ball up to the hoop and shoots missing it. Trace picks it up and shoots and makes it in.

After 15 minutes the score was 8-9 Justin was leading again,

I don't know why boys have to be so competitative, I mean what's the point. So what if one persons better, big whoop, it just turns into who's thebiggest jerk, I will never understand men.

Anyway back to the game,seems like Trace was really picking up in the game or Justin was loosing his. Trace shot another basket as Justin was slowing down, I've never seen him lose a game as long as I known him.

It was 9-9 now, it was anybody's game now surprisingly. Trace has the ball and moves left and fakes right and and swifts passed Justin, who is stunned but what just happend. He tries to catch up to him and as Trace shoots he jumps to block it, but it's too late, the ball went in.

I look at Rachel who is suprised at what happend as I am. Trace finally beat him.

"Did you see that!!!" Trace says looking at us pointing to the hoop.

"Yeah Trace we did, that was great" Rachel says still suprised.

"So who's the man now?" Trace asks Justin.

"You are" Justin says lowly.

"What did I tell you? I told you I was going beat you!!!" he says excitedly.

Justin grins as his friend is celebrating and I realize maybe he lost on purpose. He wanted Trace to win this game because it was the last time he and his friend would be together for awhile.

I smile at him and head towards him, "What?" he laughs.

"You let him win"  I say grinning.

"What? no, he just got lucky thats all"

I rolled my eyes, "Riiight"

"You know I could've totally beat him" he smirks.

I laugh, Yeah sure, but you're a really good friend Justin" I smile.

"Thanks you too, I really am gonna miss you"

"Me too"

We all head in and have ice cream sundaes together one last time. I

I wish it could stay like this forever.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story