Well today's the day, I'm finally off to Orlando to meet the guys. Man I'm so nervous, but excited although I'm up at 5 am packing the last of my stuff, even when my flight doesn't leave until 1. My mom is running back and fourth like a maniac yelling at me for no reason, she's as nervous as I am I swear.

When I was packing up my stuff, I found an old photo album and sat down to look at it. It's funny how looking at a picture can bring back so many memories and tell stories.

"Justin, what are you doing?" my mom asks. "What are you looking at?" she laughs as she comes closer and sees what I was looking at.

"AWWW is that you and Trace in the school play" she coos putting a hand to her chest.

"Yeah" I laugh.

She sits next to me and looks at the album and we look at it together.

"We've had quite a life here, haven't we" she laughs.

"Yeah, we have"

"Justin are you sure you want to leave all this? I mean I'm sure we can call--" I cut her off before she finished, "Momma I'm sure"

She looks at me teary eyes and smiles, "If thats what you want"

"Awww momma don't cry, we can still come back and I promise you when the group gets big I'll buy you a new house to say thank you for everything you did for me"

She sniffed, "Aww baby, you don't have to do that, I'm just happy your following your dream"

"Thanks momma, I love you"

"I love you too, baby boy" We hugged and she wiped the tears from her eyes. "Alright enough of that" she got up and tapped my knee "Let's keep going"

I laughed and put a way the album in the box.


A couple hours later we packed up the car and headed to the airport, theres no turning back now!!

Trace, Jenny, my grandparents and my step-dad all came along to say goodbye and wish me luck. My dad wasn't going with us because of his job, so he'll meet up with  that weekend to help settle in. We arrived at the airport without saying a word, even Trace was quiet.

Me and momma go and check ourselves in and all I can think about was how much I was gonna miss everything, maybe this was a bad idea. Would it even be worth going if it turns out we don't get signed, I know I sound so negetive about this but I can't have my hopes up to much, just in case things don't turn out good. I'm not saying were gonna fail or anything, I'm just kind of preparing myself for what may happen, you know what I mean?

Were all checked in, there no turning back now, now I'm excited and nervous. This is it, this trip could make me or break me. I'll either be a member of a famous group selling millions of records, singing in front of millions of people every night and have them scream my name and know who I am (I know I'm getting ahead of myself, but hey it could happen) or back to being justin the good old southern boy from Tennessee with big dreams to make big but still not there yet.

Flight 130 to Orlando is now boarding all passengers please report to gate 2, again flight 130 to Orlando is now boarding all passengers please report to gate 2. Enjoy your flight and thank you for flying with us.

"Alright that's us" Momma says.

The pit of my stomach just turned, its sinking in. This is really gonna happen!!!

"Justin you okay?" Trace asks.

"Huh, uh yeah"

"Are you sure, you look like you gonna be sick" Jenny tells me.

"No I'm fine, just nervous"

"Come on Justin we have to go!!!" momma yells.

I snap back into reality and grab my backpack.

We head towards the terminal and stop to say our goodbyes. This is harder than I thought.

I see my dad smiling with tears in his eyes, "Well, I guess this is it huh buddy?"

"Yeah" I chuckle trying not to cry.

"Come're" he extends his arms and I go torwards him and hug him tight. "Remember no matter what, do your best and all that hard work will pay off"

"I will dad I promise"

"I Love you"

"Love you too dad"


I go to Trace, he's looking at the floor.

"So uh I guess this is it" I say.

"Yeah, I guess" he say still looking at the floor.

"You know you can come visit me anytime you want and you can call me if you need to talk"

"Yeah I know. I'm gonna miss you man" he hugs me tight.

"Me too man, me too" I pat his back.

We let go and I look at him and smile, "And I know I have to keep the end of the deal, so next time you see me I'll do it"

He laughs, "You better, Justine"

I grab his head and give him a nuggy, "Okay, okay stop"

We both laugh.

"See you bro" he hugs me one more time.


I go over to Jenny who already has tears streaming down her face and she hugs me tight.

"I'm gonna miss you so much"

"Me too"

I let go of her and cup my hands around her face to let her face me.

"Listen to me, no matter what happens I'll always be there for you, I promise"

She nods and smiles.

I wipe away the tears from her face and look at her straight in the eyes and smile, "You can call me anytime you want and I'll get on a plane and come back, anytime you need me"

"Justin don't make promises you can't keep"

"But I will keep it, I'll always make time for you no matter what"

"We need all passengers aboard now" A flight attendant said.

I sighed and closed my eyes.

She put her hand on my shoulder and I opened my eyes.

She smiled, "Bye Justin" she whispered.

I nod and smile.

"Come on Justin" momma says

We head into the terminal and look back one more time as they wave at us and we wave back. This is it, no turning back now.

"Ready?" momma asks.

"Yeah" I sighed and gave her a small smile.

She smiles and holds me at her side.

Orlando here we come!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Well there he goes, finally to live his dream, I mean I'm happy for him...wait no ecstatic he decided to take a chance on his dream, but part of wants him back here and let it be like it use to, I know it's selfish of me but I'm just gonna miss him ya know.

I look down at the bracelet he gave me the night before and sigh.

I feel a hand on my shoulder and I turn my head. As funny as it sounds I was hoping it was Justin, but when I turned my head I frowned to see it was Mr. Harless.

"Are you okay sweetheart?" he asked concerned seeing my face.

I tried to hold back tears, but some escaped me.

He hugged me, "It's okay, we're all gonna miss him too"

I lift my head trying to calm down, "I'm sorry" I hiccuped.

He chuckles, "Don't be sorry, I know exactly how you feel" he smiles.

I feel a bit better and smile back.

"How about we get out of here and get some ice cream, my treat" he winks.

I nod and he turns to face everyone that came, "Anyone up for ice cream?"

Trace lifts his head from sulking and jumps up, "Ice cream?"

I shake my head and laugh, Trace is so easy to please.

"Yes Trace" Mr Harless nods.

"Alright lets go!!!" he says excitedly.

Justin's been gone for less than 5 minutes and Trace is acting like his best friend didn't even leave for god knows how long.


We all head to local ice cream palor. I order my usual, a bananna split my favorite.

I sit next to Trace who's eatting a fudge sundae and he's eating it like he hasn't eaten one in years.

I eat only the chocolate and strawberry because I hate pinapple. Justin always ate that part when ever we came here.

I sigh as memories come back to me and I feel like I'm gonna cry again.

"Are you okay?" Trace asks before I could even start to cry, thank god.

"Huh yeah why?"

"You're spacing out and you barely finished your sundae"

"Oh uh I don't want anymore, you want it?" I ask and slide it to him.

"Sure, man how can you not like pinapple its so good"

"I just don't...Trace how are you not upset about this?"

"Upset about what?" he says still eating.

"Justin Trace, how are you not upset that he left?"

"Oh, yeah I was but then I realized what was the point, he'd want us to be happy not upset that he left. I mean I'm sad that he's gone but I'm happy he's living his dream. I know he's wanted this for a long time and he'd want us to be happy and move on with our lives. It's not like he hasn't done this before and it's not like he's gone for good, he's just far away, nothing a phone call or letter can't fix"

Oh my god, Trace said something meaningful and I can't believe I'm saying this...but he's right. Justin would want us to be happy and go on with our lives.

I look at him suprised and he looks at me, "What?"

"Trace, your right"

He finishes the ice cream and puts the last spoon full in his mouth, "I know, plus Justin said he'd fly us out to visit him sometimes, so it won't be bad"

"You know, I guess it won't be so bad, being just you and me" I smile.

He laughs, "Who said I gonna hang around you, I got a reputation to hold"

"Ha, you have a reputation I didn't know that"

"I do and if people see me hanging out with you, it'll ruin it"

Please if it weren't for Justin he wouldnt even have a reputation. He was very popular a very well known around school and he would hang out with everybody. Everyone knew who he was, that's how cool he was.

"Whatever Trace"

He laughs, "Well I guess I can hang out with you, since Justin thinks your great to hang out with. I guess your good for me too"

I roll my eyes, "Oh wow thanks Trace"

"Hey what can I say I'm a very kind person"

"Your such an asshole" I spout.

And we both laugh.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story