Story Notes:
I wrote this awhile ago... when Britney and Justin had just broken up... enjoy!!
Chapter 1.
Rumours.


To say that we had a relationship would be to say that we loved each other, to say that we knew each other, but we really didn’t. The press had made it out like that, because well that’s what they were paid to do so they did it.


Going out with Wade was always fun, well for me anyways, because it was like going out with my brother. But after a few drinks in me I guess those lines seemed to blur. Looking back I realize one thing, when I’m drunk I tend to flirt a lot, with anyone and anything.

We sat quite close to each other, in a small booth in the VIP area of this new club that had just opened, and were supposed to be discussing the new tour and what plans he had for the stage set up and the new choreography to go with it.

“Brit? So what do you think?” he asked interrupting my thoughts, I snapped out of them and looked at him, my eyes glazed over.

“I think it’s amazing,” I gushed, and I believe it was because of all the alcohol I had consumed so far.

“Great because I was thinking…” he began but I stopped him with a finger to his lips. Damn, he looks hot, I thought and wondered if I should kiss him. “Brit?” he asked, his words mumbled against my finger.

“Hush,” I whispered in the sexiest tone I could muster, and leaned closer to him. Then without really knowing what I was doing I kissed him, full on the lips. That was the first time the rumours started, and they wouldn’t be the last.


The next time the rumours spread like wild fire, and by then my relationship with Justin was on its last thread.

“Not again Brit,” Justin said aspirated as he read the latest article from the National Enquirer. I rolled my eyes at him.

“Justin, do you really believe that shit?” I asked, and he nodded. God, he could frustrate me sometimes.

“Yes I do,” he scoffed and threw the paper across the table so it landed in front of me. “This is time number what?” His eyebrows became raised as he looked at me expecting an answer.

I sighed and looked at him. “According to them? Well let’s see...” I said and glanced over the paper, what? That can’t be right. The tenth time? “This is crap.”

“Oh is it?” he replied coyly, I glanced up at him.

“Yes it is, I told you it was only that one time and I was drunk. You even laughed it off with Wade,” I replied, Justin just laughed at my last comment.

“Yeah, that was before all this shit came out,” he said, his expression becoming serious again. “At last that time Wade and you had the decency to tell me, I can’t believe you even thought of keeping it from me this time. Wait if it isn’t true, why wouldn’t you tell me?” He added the last part as a bit of a smart comment to throw me off, I just shook my head.

“Because it’s not true, why tell you something that wasn’t true? Would you feel better if I told you that I was fucking Wade?” I asked, but as soon as I said the words I regretted them, his eyes said everything.

“You didn’t,” he said just above a whisper so I could hear him.

“Shit Justin, I’m sorry it came out wrong,” I said leaning across the table and placing a hand on his arm, which he instinctively pulled away.

“So it is true,” he repeated again not hearing my last words.

“Justin, come on. No it’s not,” I said but he just shook his head.

“Yes it is Brit, don’t lie to me,” he said and I sighed. I walked over to where he sat and knelt down in front of him, putting my hands on his knees.

“Justin, listen to me it’s not true. You know how the media are, they like creating mountains out of ant hills. I love you and only you remember?” I looked at him with half expectant eyes and he just nodded, finally looking back at me.

“Yeah I remember. Sorry I doubted you Brit,” he said. I smiled back and leaned forward to kiss him.

“It’s okay,” I replied, and truly I thought it was.


The next time things went too far. The rumours I mean, they went beyond what ever it was they were supposed to. I had just begun the Dream Within a Dream tour and was somewhere in the middle of nowhere with Wade, rehearsing when it happened.

We had been at it all day, and trust me, when you see that boy dance for twelve hours straight, you can’t think of anything else, even if you are dating the gorgeous Justin Timberlake.

“Brit?” Wade asked, again interrupting my thoughts and my eyes were focused solely on his dancing ass.

“Yeah?” I asked back, hazily. Wade then burst out laughing and looked at me seriously.

“Are you okay? Or would you like me to leave my ass alone with you for a while?” he asked with a playful grin. I rolled my eyes at him and stuck my tongue out.

“Ha ha very funny,” I said getting up and beginning to stretch. “What were you saying again?”

Wade laughed but answered my question. “I was asking what you thought, but the answer is obvious,” he replied grabbing me from around the waist and pulling me into a brotherly hug. “Didn’t know you fancied me that much.” He wriggled his eyebrows at me and I couldn’t help but laugh.

“If you’ve forgotten I am dating one of your best friends,” I replied, he smirked and kissed my cheek.

“Fortunately I didn’t,” he answered as we headed back out to the front of the stage to begin work. I looked at him with confusion as I reached the front.

“What does that mean?” I asked, but he just looked at me and winked.

“You’ll figure it out sooner or later,” he replied, and we continued working.


And sooner and later it was, in fact it was right after Justin’s birthday and I felt horrible about it afterwards. But to make things fair, Justin wasn’t there, he never was these days. He always seemed to be doing something or the other, whether it was with the other guys or by himself, I really had no clue.

So on one of those nights, Wade had invited me out, out for a few drinks and some dancing, we hadn’t expected it to be any more.

“So Brit, what’s your verdict of my perfectly fine ass tonight?” Wade asked playfully as we rocked out to some famous rock song that the DJ spun.

“I would say it is oh so fine, but that would cause it to get stuck in the door and we wouldn’t want that now would we?” I asked, playing along with his cockiness.

“Aw come on now,” he said and pulled me closer to him so I wouldn’t get slammed by the other guys in the room. He smelt of beer and cologne.

“What? It’s true,” I laughed and wrinkled my nose. “You smell.” He rolled his eyes at me.

“Thanks a lot,” he laughed, and pulled us over to the bar where he ordered us more drinks.

“No, not in a bad way,” I replied trying to make him feel better, because in reality he actually smelt good.

“I know Brit, I know,” he sighed with a faltering laugh and handed me a beer. “Here, drink this then we got to go rip up the floor.”

I smiled at him, and slowly drank my drink. I wasn’t in the mood that night to dance, I was rather in the mood to sit and drink, to complain about what an asshole my boyfriend was being about all the rumours.

“Do we have to?” I asked rather childishly and Wade looked at me half smiling.

“Well now, I didn’t know you hated dancing THAT much,” he retorted putting stress on the word that.

“I don’t I just don’t feel like it tonight,” I replied haughtily and downed the rest of my beer.

“So what do you feel like doing then?” he asked, with eyebrows raised. I shrugged as I ordered myself another drink and he grabbed my wrist. “Brit?”

“I don’t know Wade. Can’t we just sit and talk?” I asked hoping he’d say yes, because even my feet were beginning to hurt.

“You need Wade to help you sort out problems?” Wade asked playfully as my drink came and pulled me closer to him.

“Yes I do,” I replied and took a sip of the drink.

“Okay then,” he said and pulled me away from the bar, through the crowd to a private booth. “Spill.”

I sat down next to him, placed my drink down and looked at him. “My boyfriend is deserting me way to often.”

“God,” Wade replied rolling his eyes at me and chuckling. “You’re not serious are you?”

I swatted his arm playfully. “Yes I am. He’s being such an asshole about these bloody rumours.”

“Would you blame him?” Wade asked suggestively, and I noticed how he moved slightly closer to me.

“What? What the fuck are you talking about?” I asked him, he was beginning to confuse me.

“Come on Brit,” Wade replied, his hand wandered quickly over mine. “We’ve been flirting way too much after that kiss.” I looked at him in shock and playfully punched his shoulder.

“We have not!” I replied defensively and he raised an eyebrow at me.

“We haven’t?” he asked as his hand conveniently landed on mine, I pulled my hand away quickly.

“Yes, we haven’t.” I replied and tried to refocus on something more enticing, like my beer. Wade just shrugged and grabbed his beer, downing it. “Wade?” It was then that I knew I’d upset him, and I knew that nothing I would say would make him forgive me again.

“What Brit?” he asked with a harsh tone.

“Are you mad at me?” I asked, although I knew he was.

He sighed and glared at me. “What do you think? You keep playing these games with my mind Brit, I’m just confused,” he replied and ordered us more drinks.

“You’re confused? What about me? I have no clue what you’re talking about here!” I called out in aspiration. Wade sighed again and turned to face me.

“I mean, one day you’re all playful and flirty with me and the next well.. you’re all over Justin,” Wade said sighing and I looked at him in shock.

“You’re jealous of Justin?” I asked, trying to contain my laughter, Wade was jealous of Justin.

“No, I didn’t say that,” Wade said trying to avoid the question.

“No you didn’t need to. Wade, you can’t be jealous of him he’s my boyfriend so of course I’m going to be all over him,” I replied rolling my eyes.

“Yeah well,” Wade said shrugging.

“Well what?” I asked and Wade sighed.

“Well what if I was jealous? What would you do about it?” he asked, looking at me.

“I..” I began, but he cut me off with a kiss. And that’s how the rumours got worse.


It was a few hours later, and well the kiss had led to more drinks, more drunkenness and well sex. Yes, sex, drunken sex at that. After we kissed, Wade seemed to calm down and he brought us more drinks than we could handle and we ended up drinking until we were both to drunk to stand, and we were having fun.

This is why I didn’t see the photographers standing at every corner snapping pictures of me in Wade’s arms looking up at him drunkenly.

We had left the club and headed back over to my place, he was supposed to have just dropped me off and gone home, but alas things were not going to be like that.

“So, um, thanks,” I said standing at my door and he smiled wonkily at me.

“No problem,” he replied and pulled me in for a hug. “So I guess this is good night?” He looked down at me with those eyes I knew very well and it was then that I made my decision. Now I know I could have been smart and said yes, but something about being on my porch in his strong dancer arms really turned my drunken-self on.

“It doesn’t have to be,” I whispered, WRONG answer. I looked at him and he smiled at me.

“Okay then,” he replied and leaned closer to me. “Let’s open up that door.” I nodded dumbly and fumbled for my keys while still in his arms. I found them, pulled away from him and just as I was opening the door he pulled me back to him. “Wait,” he whispered into my ear, and I obviously didn’t do anything.

“O-okay,” I whispered back, “What?” He smiled and leaned close to me before kissing my lips.

“That,” he smiled back, “Okay let’s go in.”


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story