Author's Chapter Notes:
AN:this is mainly a filler but i loved writing it :).
STUDIO Nicole nervously sat against the wall outside the studio. She’d arrived early, wanting to make a good impression, and was now waiting for Justin. She looked down at her lap. All she had was a notebook and a pen she could fit it her shoulder bag. It was easier to carry when she was on her crutches. She looked down the hall, not seeing the singer. ‘What if he doesn’t show? What if they realize I’m not as good as they want? What if they really want one of the other students?’ She put her head on her knees, her breathing speeding up. ‘Of course, he won’t show up, I was stupid to think I actually had a chance. He’s one of the coolest singer, of course he could find someone better.’ Just as her eyes clouded, she heard hurried footsteps.

“I’m so sorry I’m late, I was working with an agency on getting a movie deal. And then we got stuck in traffic. I really held onto my road-rage,” Justin apologized breathlessly but smiling.

Rachael laughed beside him. “Don’t let him fool you, we were on time until Dorkboy wanted his precious coffee.” She elbowed her cousin lightly, causing him to almost drop the cup.

“Hey, watch it! if I drop this, I’ll burn her!” he scolded.

“Haha, ok, relax. You'll probably just burn yourself. Which would be funny to watch.”

“Oh, yeah?” He was going to tease her back but before he could move though, he noticed Nicole looking between them and the floor nervously. “Anyway, thanks for the help this morning, Rach. We have to get to work.”

“Yeah, I have to go run stuff to your mom and then do some errands,” his cousin answered. “See ya, J.”

“Yup.” They watched her go and Justin looked down to Nicole. She was looking at him, not knowing what to do. “Want to go inside, we can talk before we start work?”

“Ok.” She watched as he set down his coffee and lent her his hand. She took it, balancing on him and one crutch as he gave her the other. She smiled and followed him into a room with tons of sound equipment. When they were seated, she asked timidly, “so what do want to talk about?”

He gave her a soft smile, she was awfully shy but he wanted to know her better, it’d be easier to work together then. “Well, that was my cousin Rachael. She’s also my assistant.”

“Yeah, I know, that’s cool. Kind of like a family business.” ‘Wow, that was stupid of me to say.

“Exactly.”

They started talking about random stuff. Music, songs, and then got into movies. Specifically Justin’s latest. “Alpha Dog really touched me though.”

“Oh, I think that that movie touches everyone in some way when they watch it. But in what did it touch you if it’s ok to tell?” he asked.

“My one friend was into drugs & he ran in that same kind of life. I thought the storyline was good though, it made me think who was on what side,” she said.

Justin stared at her in shock. “I'm hoping that he is in some way out of that lifestyle. Did he have a chance to see the movie? Once you get past who the actors are and get into the whole the actual storyline it can really get into you. And the fact that its a true story is even worse.”

“I don’t think he saw it, we didn’t stay friends. But yeah, it is an amazing and heartbreaking story. But in my opinion, Frankie was a good guy.”

“Frankie was trying to do good but got lost along the way...cause in the end when he's at the crime scene you can tell that he really wants to help and do the right thing but he's kind of caught up in the high life and he doesn’t know what to do.” Justin paused to sip his coffee. “He doesn’t want to go to jail for killing but he also doesn’t want to go for drugs either, you know?” he asked.

She nodded. “Yeah, I totally was into that. I thought he kind of got pushed into it and realized it to late.”

“Yes! And he was living in denial for so long that it was insane.”

“Mm-hm. It's like Johnny totally roped him into it.”

“And at the end he was living so much of a lie about the killing that he didn’t even believe it when it was right in front of him...and he was being sent to jail.”

“Exactly,” Nicole finished. They stared at each other seriously for a moment. They had just met, yet they were so comfortable with each other.
Chapter End Notes:
AN: i'm almost done with chapter4 and then ill run it by my friend. the next few chapters i know nothing about as far as how to make music so go easy. we're doing the best we can given our limited time we have to talk. but this story is special so we hope you're enjoying it as much as us :).


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story