Part I - Moonbeam

 

Moonbeam...that's what they called her because she was like a night owl who loved to be outdoors, sitting on the grass at the back of her house staring up at the starry sky, absorbing the perfect glow of the moon.

She usually compared herself to that mass of rock in outer space that reflected the sun.

She was just that: a pale, milky, or iridescent light reflected to the earth at night. Who she was, what people saw, was a pale reflection of her true self.

She was simply living in a shell of protection from the outside world, hidden from everything painful and negative. She'd never get close enough, or involved enough to let someone in and get hurt. She liked it that way...being alone.

A lot of people were afraid to be alone, but not her. She was content with being alone, a shadow of her existence.

Yes, she was a bit weird and her outlook on life was well...unique, but she prided herself on her uniqueness; so again to her that was a positive part of who she was.

She grew up alone with a single father who spent more time working than being with her.

Her mother died giving birth to her and since she was the first, she had no siblings.

She wasn't sure how her mother could have predicted her personality since she never met her, but naming her Luna was the most amazing thing she could have ever done besides love her.

Luna knew, that with her name being defined as the moon in Spanish, there was nothing more important than staying true to herself, and her true self, though hidden as an attempt to protect herself from the outside world, was moonbeam, her nickname, her identity...

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: vampirej