Part II - Guest For Dinner?

 

It was a day like any other...

Luna was out in the backyard of her home on the grass looking up at the night's sky, dreaming about all the supernatural figures she admired such as Vampires and anything that tickled her fancy.

She was alone as usual, her parental unit nowhere in sight since he was working late at the law firm like he usually did. Her dad never quite got over her mother's death and as a result he usually drowned himself in his work.

For Luna, that's been her entire life so she knew nothing of the man he was before she was born. They still loved each other unconditionally though and spent even the smallest amount of time together when they could.

Still, today was the same.

It was a peaceful night, with her alone just wondering about life on a whole.

It was supposed to be her regular nightly routine. If there was no moon in the sky, she'd focus on the stars because she could always depend on them giving off their bright glow.

However, something was different.

She couldn't quite place it, but she felt as though tonight, there was going to be a change in her life she never expected would take place and didn't want to be a part of.

As soon as that thought crossed her mind, her cell phone rang loudly throughout her quiet surroundings. Pulling it out of her pocket, she realized it was her dad. Smiling, she whipped the phone open, placing it against her ear, hearing him call out to her on the line.

"Luna sweetie I need you to do me a favor." Her dad spoke into the line.

"What is it dad?" She inquired curiously. He hardly ever asked anything of her but when he did, she knew he couldn't do it for his self.

"I need you to run down to the nearest grocery mart and pick up some pasta, cheese and the vegetables and chicken I usually buy." He explained.

"Can't you grocery shop on your way home?" She scowled.

"I'm running late and we're having a guest for dinner. Please sweetie, get it started for me. I would appreciate it deeply." He spoke and her scowl deepened.

They were having a guest over for dinner? Luna didn't even know that her father was taking any interest in women since her mother. It was always just him and her. His time was divided between his office and being home with her. When did he get time to chat someone up enough to invite them over for dinner?

"Oh?" She stood from her seat on the grass, brushing off her jeans in the process before she gave the moon one last glance and headed into the house.

"I'll tell you about it over dinner. Please sweetie." Her father begged and Luna decided that maybe this was a good thing for him. Not that she was happy, but it was a good thing. He needed to get out more.

"Ok Dad, get home safely; I'm heading out now." She voiced and received a thank you from her father in return before she hung up.

Well, tonight really was going to be different. But just how different it was going to be still remained a mystery to her.

 

 

*****

 

 

Luna made it to the grocery store in record time having grabbed the bus just as it was pulling out of the bus stop. The grocery store was a few blocks away from her home. It was a straight route and she could have walked it easily but she was on crunch time so she grabbed the bus instead.

Now standing inside the brightly illuminated grocery mart, she cautiously gathered the items she needed that her father requested, placing them in the shopping cart so she could leave and head back home.

It was a mostly quiet and peaceful night even in the small store and she was already missing her backyard where she was lounging. If she hurried, maybe she could grab some more alone time before her dad and his ‘guest' arrived home.

Standing in the line for the casher now, Luna was preoccupied with the magazines on the shelves next to her, completely oblivious to the figure that stood just a few feet away, looking directly at her, drinking in her presence.

Dazzling blue eyes latched onto her form, taking her in slowly as the individual licked his lips in anticipation.

She was perfect he thought.  She stood at average height with dark hair, a nice curvy build and pale caramel skin. She was young, she was newly twenty-one, and she was just...perfect. He wondered how long she would go without feeling the chill of his presence. He wondered how she would take it when he finally made his presence known to her. After watching her, watching over her all these years, he wondered what it would be like to finally have her, taste her, for her to be his and only his. He watched her grow into a fine woman, his woman to be precise and there was no way he'd let her get away from him now. But, how could he tell her the truth?

He had to be cautious so as he wouldn't lose her. Her twenty-first birthday was the week before. She spent it looking up at the moon like she always did. He admired that about her...her thirst for everything mysterious and dark. He loved that about her. But he knew, he knew that she didn't know her nature or why she was like this. She simply thought it was a hobby and that she was odd, but she wasn't...she was exactly like him. She was only half-moral, half-human, but she didn't know it.

Her dad didn't know either. It wasn't his place to know. But, it was soon going to be Luna's place to find out the truth about her past and what really happened to her mom.

She was undoubtedly a dark creature of the night, a pureblood, living a human existence because her full powers hadn't kicked in yet. But they would...soon. And when that time came, he'd be there...waiting.

Shutting his eyes briefly, he inhaled sharply, her scent, her sweet blood filling his nostrils from where he stood, sending him on a pleasure overload, threatening to drive him insane.

Then just like that she was gone, out of the grocery store, out of his sight and out of his life...for now. That is, until he caught up to her again. And tonight was the right time, the perfect time in fact.

After all, their dad was having a guest for dinner...and what type of guest would he be if he was late?

 

 

*****

 

 

"Tell me again dad who is this woman you have coming over?" Luna queried as she helped her father set their dining table for three.

Dinner was cooked and her dad opted to remain in his working attire since their dinner guest was due any minute.

"Oh, no sweetie. It's not a woman." Her father corrected, the gray streaks in his hair shining against his chestnut brown locks.

Luna eyed her father suspiciously and he chuckled.

"It's a new intern who started working with us not too long ago. He's still on a trial basis but if we like him, we might hire him full-time. He's a bright young lad. A little weird but bright and on point. I thought it would be nice to invite him over, get him situated and more comfortable since he's also new in town." Her father explained and for some reason that didn't sit well with Luna.

"So you're inviting a total stranger to our house. Nice dad." Luna quipped.

"He's not a stranger Luna. He's our new intern. He's a good boy and I thought since you don't hang out with kids your own age, it would be nice to make a new friend since he's around your age."

Luna's eyes widened in disbelief.

"Are you trying to set me up!? Dad!" She wailed, feeling a sudden dread and chill pass through her just when the doorbell rang, interrupting them.

Chuckling heartily, her dad shook his head at her in amusement. "Be nice Luna. It's not that big of a deal." He pointed out and she rolled her eyes, crossing her arms over her black wife beater with white skulls adorning it.

"Whatever...." She dismissed before disappearing into the kitchen to retrieve the last of the food they prepared to lay out on the dining table.

When she came out into the living room, she realized that her dad was talking to his new intern and she wasn't sure what it was, but she felt as though there was a massive shift in the universe and the energy surrounding her the moment she stepped foot into the room.

Standing frozen in place, her hands crawled with goose bumps as she eyed the tall, slender man, laughing with her father at the entrance of their home.

Snapping out of her trance momentarily, she placed down the bowl of food in her hand on the table as she continued to eye the two men closely.

The moment her dad invited his intern in, Luna gasped, feeling a surge of heat pass through her body which caused her to blush immensely since the light chattering died out and the young man's blues instantly connected to her brown orbs.

He held her gaze, an innocent smile gracing his lips as his pearly whites shone under the white lighting of their home.

"Luna, this is Justin. Justin this is my daughter Luna." Luna's father announced, ushering Justin further into the house.

Walking up to Luna, Justin held his smile, noting how much taller than her he was as he hovered, looking down at her baffled expression as she glowered at him with intrigue and awe.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Luna. Your dad's told me a lot about you." Justin grinned, gripping her hand in his and lifting it up to his lips to place a delicate kiss on the back of her hand.

His voice was deep and sultry and his gaze was unwavering.

Luna gasped in shock, Justin's grip ice cold against her warm skin. She felt shivers flow through her spine which caused her to instantly pull away from him. What the hell!?

This guy, she didn't know what his deal was, but he was a little more than weird to her.

"Uh, yeah...hi..." She muttered softly. It was all she could get out really, still a little stunned by his presence and the obvious way he worked the room, demanding attention even if he wasn't literally showing that trait in any way.

Justin wasn't even eccentric in the way that she found alluring. No, he was dark, mysterious and managed to make her skin crawl after knowing him for no more than a few minutes.

He was dressed casually in jeans and a red t-shirt. Nothing out of the ordinary she thought. He was tall, maybe six-two and he had short curls in his brunette hair which had a shine to it.

But his eyes, god his eyes were of an unnatural blue and the white parts of his orbs were almost glowing as he stared at her, his smile now gone as he seemed to practically be reading her.

There was a hint of concentration on his face as he studied her closely, almost like he was reading her mind or something. And it irked her. It made her uncomfortable and exposed. She felt, naked in front of him.

As if on cue, almost like clockwork, the moment that thought passed through her mind, the smile on Justin's face returned with a twinge of slyness to it which confused Luna. 

But, her confusion didn't last long when her father interrupted...

"Well, now that you all have finally met, shall we? We don't want dinner to get cold. Justin you can tell us all about your experience at the law firm and Luna I'm sure won't mind sharing something about herself." Patting Justin's back, Luna's dad was oblivious to the instant unearthly connection that sparked between the pair who seemed to be in a staring contest with each other.

Luna was the first to come out of her trance, looking away from Justin and towards her dad as she tried to shake the feeling of knowing Justin somehow. That was ridiculous though because she never met him until now, but still, as they followed her dad to the dining table, she couldn't help but think that dinner and the rest of the night on a whole was going to be quite interesting with their new house guest...



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: vampirej