Haley sat in her cubicle of Vogue Magazine. Typing a few words, she looked at them and proceeded to hit delete. She sighed tiredly and ran her knuckles together a few times. She did that or rock back and forth to calm herself. Today her nerves were very frayed. She was writing an article on the Northern Stars, who was a new line debuting in fashion week. Interviews were also to be done on other major names and only one had called her back; it didn’t help Link was on her back. Why did she get stuck on this project anyway?
---
Meanwhile across town, Justin bounced into his apartment and called out excitedly for Haley, hoping she had decided to stay at his place. When he received no answer he did a quick search through the house and frowned when there was no sign of her. Pulling out his cell phone he dialed her work number and waited patiently.

“Vogue magazine, Haley Jordan speaking.”

“Hey, I thought you were coming to my place,” he pouted.

She briefly smiled, imagining his pout. “Sorry, Jus. Link stuck me with this article and I need to get it done.”

Justin’s smile dropped again. “Oh, well, hurry it up. I don’t want you to fall asleep before I share my good news.”

“Ok, well why don’t you go to the game with Trace and I’ll call you when I’m done?” she asked.

“Ok, hun. Talk to you soon.” Justin huffed after hitting the end button. Tonight was a game between his two favorite teams – the Lakers and Memphis Tigers. He wanted to see it but decided to catch the highlights after his time with Haley. He had just got one of the biggest projects in his career and wanted to share the excitement with her. Now he’d have to change his plans yet again. 20 minutes later, Trace clapped Justin on the shoulder. “C’mon, man. We’ll go have some fun, Hales will finish her work and we’ll pick her up. Then you two can celebrate. Now, let’s go!”

The singer smiled good-naturedly, never be able to say no to his friend’s antics.
---
Sammy walked up to Haley in the office and leaned on the desk. “What’re you still doing here, girl?” the black haired woman asked the brunette.

“I have to finish this,” she answered, not looking up.

“Come on, Link left, let’s go out and have some fun. This will all be here tomorrow.”

Haley thought for a minute. She could tell on the phone Justin was excited about something. Then again she had told him to go to the game and he probably wouldn’t be home for awhile so whatever he had to tell her could wait right? She deserved some fun too. That made her sound horrible because she wanted to know what made him so happy but she was so stressed out she needed some time to let go of things. “Fine, I’ll go.”
---
LAKER’S GAME “No, J, no! The Laker’s will win, they’re the best,” Trace argued as they watched the last half of the game.

“Dude, what’re you talking about?” Justin countered. “Memphis is our home team, they have to win!”

“Yeah, we’ll see about that!”

They watched for a few minutes; both cheering like crazy and playfully shoving each other.

“Haha told ya!” Justin called as the Tigers made a basket.

“Whatever,” Trace pouted as he grabbed his drink and took a big gulp.

“I’mma get more popcorn,” the singer laughed; dancing his way down the isle while the half-time music played.

As he walked back away from the concession stands, his phone rang. He recognized Haley’s number and answered cheerfully. “Hey, there’s my girl!”

He heard a rustle on the line before a slurred “Juuuuuuuuuuustttttin! Ha-hi!”

“Hales? Are you ok?”

“Yeah! W-wh-why wouldn't I be?”

His brow furrowed as he heard loud music and someone call for a round of shots. “You don’t sound right, what's going on?”

She giggled, the sound so childlike but shaky. “I was t-t-thiiiiiinnnking about you. I wish you were here. You ha-have to try this – this stuff, it tastes funny but makes my head fuzzy.”

Suddenly there was another commotion and a brief panic shot through his body as a muffled deep voice could be heard. “Hey sweet thing, can I buy you that drink now?”

Another giggle was heard and Justin shouted into the phone. “HALEY, WHERE ARE YOU?! I’m coming to get you!”

She didn’t answer, continuing to ramble on about the liquid she was drinking. At this moment, Trace came out of the basketball game laughing loudly and cheering over the final game shot. He saw Justin’s frown and heard him calling Haley’s name, asking what bar she was at. The singer cursed under his breath, rubbing his hand over his forehead.

“Your girl get herself drunk? Who’s she with?”

“From what I could make of it, some coworkers took her out to cool off. Something’s not right though. I have to go bring her home."
Chapter End Notes:
AN: kinda short but there is more coming. the words are just coming to me slow.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: williamrast