Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm sleepy and have a headache, ignore all the typos and bad grammer please :)

Three months passed with neither making any moves toward the other. Justin had been out on a few dates, none of them going anywhere or getting serious. His excuse was always there was no connection there for him. He couldn’t exactly tell them there was nothing there because they weren’t his nineteen year old babysitter.

 

Tonight he hoped to change all of that though. It was New Years Eve, and he was having a bunch of people over for a formal party to ring in the New Year. The kids were at his sister’s, and he had some big plans for tonight.

 

The first people started arriving around 7 PM in their formal gowns and suits. He had decided to make it formal at Andy’s suggestion, as it was the beginning of the New Year and it should be done with style.

 

He answered the door around 8 to Jason and Maria. Jason had on a traditional tux and Maria had on a deep red cocktail type dress. “Hey guys,” he greeted them.

 

“Hey, hey!” Jason shouted, a huge smile plastered on his face.

 

“Andy said to tell you she’d be here soon. Vivian was helping her with her hair when we left there about an hour ago,” Maria told Justin as her boyfriend grabbed her around the waist.


”Figures,” he laughed, hiding the disappointment that she was going to be late.

 

He mingled with people, trying to kill some time. His white suit was driving him crazy. He wasn’t sure he’d tied the tie right, the pants were itchy, and he was getting hot in the vest and jacket together.

 

His doorbell rang about a half hour later. Justin excused himself from the woman he was talking to and made his way to the door, unenthusiastic, knowing it wouldn’t be the person he was waiting for yet. When he opened the door, he got a surprise he definitely wasn’t expecting.

 

The young woman standing in front of him could have passed for a goddess. Her pure white gown touched the floor, clinging to her body in all the right spots and finally flowing freely from her knees to the floor. The top dipped dangerously low as it hung gathered from the thin straps on her shoulders. Justin stood there gawking as she smiled at him uncomfortably.

 

“Can I come in? It’s kind of cold out here, and it’s starting to snow a little bit.”

 

“Oh, yeah, of course. You look….amazing Andy,” he said, moving from in front of the door. She walked in, and as she pasted, Justin noticed the back of her dress. What there was of it at least. Other than the thin straps over her shoulders, there was no fabric until it reached her extreme lower back.

 

Jason noticed her, then turned to his girlfriend, glaring at her. “That is the dress you helped her pick out?”

 

“Yeah. She looks gorgeous in it, doesn’t she?

 

“There’s like nothing to it! She’s nineteen, not twenty-nine. She shouldn’t be in that!” He was being a protective older brother. It didn’t happen very often but when it did, it was to the limit.

 

“Jason,” she sighed, “you’re sister is growing up. Do you want her and Justin to ever get together? He has to have some sort of eye candy.”

 

Jason just rolled his eyes, thinking that he never would quite understand the way women think.

 


Awhile later, Justin found Andy and had her follow him in the kitchen. He wouldn’t tell her why and she was getting nervous.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

He sighed. “I don’t think I tied this damn tie right.” He could feel his cheeks blushing from finally admitting it.

 

Andy smiled and began undoing what he had done. She slowly re-tied it the right way, feeling his gaze on her the whole time. “All better.”

 

“Thanks,” he whispered, licking his lips.

 

She quickly took a step back, glancing at the floor.

 

“Andy,” he whispered and closed the space between them.


That’s when a drunk Jason came stumbling in. “Justin,” he slurred, resting a hand on his friend’s shoulder and leaning against him.

 

Justin glanced back at Andy and saw her heading back out to the living room. “What man?” he asked annoyed.

 

“When you hooking up with my sister?”

 

“I was working on it before your drunk ass came in here.”

 

“Just tell her! Don’t be a pansy.”

 

Justin sighed again, and made his way back to the living room, ignoring what Jason had said.

 

He talked to different people, trying to figure out how to get Andy alone again.

  

“Five minutes everyone!” Jason shouted finally, and everyone scattered to get their champagne and drinks ready.

Justin handed Andy a glass, making sure she stayed close.

 

The countdown began and as everyone shouted ‘Happy New Year’ Justin pulled Andy to him. “Andy, I-“ he started, but was interrupted by a girl screaming.

 

“Andy! Look!” Maria shouted, running over with her hand in front of her. There was a nice size rock on her finger.

 

“Oh my god! Finally!” Andy shouted, jumping around with Maria and hugging her. She looked at her brother and ran over to hug him. “About time!”

 

“Congrats,” Justin told him, shaking his hand.

 

“Thanks. You’re my best man dude.”

 

Justin just laughed and said ok. He looked over at Andy and sighed. Her and Maria were gushing about the ring, and Justin suddenly felt a gush of loneliness. His best friend was getting married and settling down, while he couldn’t even get the words out to Andy.

 

“Tell her yet?” Jason asked, not totally sober after Maria told him no more alcohol for the night earlier.

 

“No,” he said rubbing his head.

 

For a reason Jason couldn’t figure out, he wanted his best friend and baby sister to hook up. Maybe he was tired of them both being alone, maybe they’d be happy together.

 

“Why not? It’s not hard, just say ‘Andy, I love you, be with me’,” Jason said and the two laughed.

 

“It’s not that easy.”

 

“Sure it is. Want me to tell her?”

 

“No! I’m a grown man, I can do it myself!”

”Then do it.” Jason walked over and grabbed his sister’s hand and drug her back to Justin. He grabbed one of Justin’s hands and drug them both in the kitchen. “Don’t come out until you tow have talked!” and he walked out of the kitchen.

 

“Talk about what?” Andy asked, laughing nervously.

 

Justin took a deep breath and grabbed Andy’s hand. “I need to know…what your feelings are.”

 

“About what?”

 

“Me,” he whispered, pulling her closer to him.

 

“Is this a joke?”

 

“I need to know Andy.”

 

“You’re a great guy Justin, an amazing father, and you’ve been nothing but wonderful to me. Why?”

 

“I want you’re feelings.”

”I can’t honestly tell you because I don’t honestly know.”

”You don’t know?” He was beginning to think the feelings were one sided.

 

“You scare me sometimes,” she whispered and looked down.

 

“How do I scare you hon? I’m sorry-“

”Because I don’t know what these feelings are I have for you! One minute, I want you so bad I think it’s going to kill me. Then the next minute, you’re my brother’s friend I can’t believe I had dirty thoughts about.”

He looked down, trying not to let the hurt show on his face.

 

“What’s wrong?” she whispered, not knowing why he was doing this and asking her all of this.

 

“Nothing.”

”Bullshit, spill it.”

 

He gave her one of his sexy half smiles. “I just wanted to know. It wasn’t the answer I was expecting is all.”

”I’m sorry Justin. I’m just being honest.”

”I know.”

 

She quickly pressed her lips to his, surprising him. "I do love kissing you though,” she mumbled before the kiss went further.

 

When Jason finally walked in to check on the progress, Justin had Andy pinned against the refrigerator door. He cleared his throat, causing the two to jump apart, faces flushed. “Maria wants you,” he told Andy, and she quickly went into the living room. Jason looked at Justin. “Well?”

 

“I can’t tell her.”

 

“Why not?!”

 

“She doesn’t feel the same way. Plain as that.”

 

“What do you mean?”

“Not one did she say love, well she said she loved kissing me, that was it.”

 

Jason laughed. “Tell her! Andy’s the kind of girl that won’t put those kinds of feelings out there unless she knows they’re mutual.”

”I can’t right now Jason. She was so uncomfortable telling me what she did, I can’t make her do more.”

 

“You’re unbelievable dude. You’re in love with her and want to be with her, but can’t tell her? You can’t tell her three little words that’ll change both of your lives for the better?”

”Not tonight I can’t,” Justin said and he walked away.

 


He walked over to Andy, as she was saying bye to Maria.

 

“You leaving?” he asked casually.

 

“Yeah, I’m tired and getting a headache.”

 

“Thanks for coming,” he smiled at her.

 

She quickly pressed her lips to his, causing a few people nearby to gasp in surprise. She broke the kiss and pulled his head down. “Maybe one of these days we’ll get further than just kissing,” she whispered seductively.

 

He pulled back and quickly smiled at her before she turned at walked out the door.

 

One day real soon baby he though to himself before starting to usher people out of his house for the night.

Chapter End Notes:
Don't hate me too much for it not happening yet!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story